Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-17-2003, 04:16 AM   #1
katinka
Eskimo Regular

maybe this has been discussed before, sorry, missed it! i would like to know if anybody has seen joel shaerer as the support act for damien. he will be in the netherlands, so i would like to know more about what you think of him?
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:03 AM   #2
stargift
Eskimo Friend

He is the lead singer for pedestrian. If you go to their sight you will see some live videos of him solo---www.pedestrianmusic.org
stargift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Uno- X
Eskimo CSI

I know alan shearer.

Uno- X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Yeah, I've seen them and know others who have and generally, people seem divided. Some really like them and others think they are too derivative.

I generally thought they sounded average and boring, but the guy I went with *really* liked them. Go figure. This is a new project of Joel's though. And it has to be said that he is an *excellent* guitarist and likable guy. I did enjoy hearing him play the guitar!

Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #5
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Yeah, I've seen them and know others who have and generally, people seem divided. Some really like them and others think they are too derivative.

I generally thought they sounded average and boring, but the guy I went with *really* liked them. Go figure. This is a new project of Joel's though. And it has to be said that he is an *excellent* guitarist and likable guy. I did enjoy hearing him play the guitar!
i think it also depends on whether it's a solo gig or with the band because it sounds very different. some people might like one style better. my personal opinion: solo- boring, band - less boring.
Shoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoover
i think it also depends on whether it's a solo gig or with the band because it sounds very different. some people might like one style better. my personal opinion: solo- boring, band - less boring.
Yeah, so many factors really. But don't say solo is boring! Damien taught me otherwise! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:49 AM   #7
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

first time i saw the band open for damien in may.....eh.....not impressed...give charlotte martin more time.

second time i saw them......eh....decent...nothing spectacular but cool they brought vyvienne on stage with them to play a song
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:39 AM   #8
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

oh yea, if anyone grabbed my 10/4 recording the very last track is joel's band pedestrian featuring vyvienne from their opening set that night. that may give you some idea.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote