Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-17-2003, 05:29 AM   #1
gemm
Eskimo Regular

Hey everyone..

I am a newb to this site... But I have recently become obsessed with Damien. From what I have read, I know I am not alone. Unfortunatly, our radio stations don't play damien... And vh1 only plays the vid for "volcano" once every other day or so. I went to buy his "O" disc today, but the store was all out, and no other cd store was open. I felt like crying! Anywhoose, I thought I would introduce myself since I might be here for some time.

Oh yes... Damien looks just like my boyfriend in the "volcano" vid. That is if my boyfriend had more hair... But damien looks extremely attractive in that vid. (me saying "hot" would sound like a school girl.)

Hm, pointless rambling from an insomniac... Beware, this rambling stuff might happen from time to time...
Old 11-17-2003, 05:38 AM   #2
Smithy
Eskimo Regular

Hiya Gemm!!! Welcome to the madhouse hehe [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 06:01 AM   #3
gemm
Eskimo Regular

Horrah! Now I feel welcome. Usually when I go to any sort of message board, and annouce I am a newb to the place... I get insanly flamed. Aw, now I am going to stay forever! *tear*

I am, by the way, listening to 'the blower's daughter' mp3 from last call... and waiting on vh1 to play volcano... but they don't seem to want to put that amount of joy into me... Since when does vh1 play friggin beyonce, i watch vh1 to get away from that kind of stuff!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:19 AM   #4
katinka
Eskimo Regular

heya gemm, very welcome here. you won't regret it. and o yes we all like damiens looks ofcourse... but, seriously now, it's all about the music and his music is the soul of life at the moment. don't cry, you're in good company!! [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:24 AM   #5
gemm
Eskimo Regular

yay, I could not be happier! I first saw damien on Last Call with Carson Daly, performing Volcano. Than a week or so ago, I saw the vid on vh1. Ever since that moment, my life has changed. I bust out humming volcano when I am in the middle of my job. I was so happy to find out about Damien, seeing it is the exact type of music that really gets me going. When you can just sit there, eyes closed, swaying, and singing along... That is true love of music right there!

So where is everyone from on this site? I'm from Minnesota...Midwest United States. Although I can fake a british accent that doesn't sound like total rubbish.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Greetings from Boston and welcome [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
Smithy
Eskimo Regular

Well I'm just North of London UK, and my british accent isn't all that bad either lol [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
I reckon I'm listening way too much I'd say a good 70% of the music I listen is Damo lol ah well it keeps me smiling [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 10:05 AM   #8
Johan
Eskimo Friend

Hey gemm!!

Im Johan and im from Sweden!!
Great that you dig Damien!!
(If your obsessed only by the two songs you've heard, wait until you get the whole album!It will knock you right down to the ground) [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Edited by: Johan
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #9
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #10
idiosynful
Eskimo Regular

I'm from Boston and I have a terrible Boston accent. (and can't fake an Irish or British one for all i'm worth,. but I'm practicing) But I luff Damo (dur?)..And.

.listen to some of the mp3s on this site...you'll be...well yeah...blown away..like a feather...Amazing. Welcome then! And g'luck on getting the album...it's awesome..obviously.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:20 PM   #11
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Didn't realize you are also from Boston, idiosynful [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #12
greenlee
Eskimo Friend

hey im new here too, and like you ive become obsessed with damien rice too. ( how could you not) Ever since i saw him on conan o brien i knew i was in love- lol
greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:16 AM   #13
Krystian
Eskimo Regular

I'm from Atlanta...so far looks like I'm the only southerner on this thead[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]...anywho...maybe you should try and get your cd offline if you can't find it in the stores, I got mine from barnesandnoble.com

*whoa my numbers are now 555 :O)*Edited by: Krystian

http://www.chrismahanukwanzakah.com/
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:44 AM   #14
gemm
Eskimo Regular

I don't trust myself with a credit card... or checking account for that matter. I'll go to best buy later this week. My new mp3's will satisfy me for now .

Am I the only Minnesotan around here? Hmm, interesting...

Yea, I must have missed that episode of Conan...I am ashamed.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:43 AM   #15
andrea02
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian

I'm from Atlanta...so far looks like I'm the only southerner on this thead[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]...anywho...maybe you should try and get your cd offline if you can't find it in the stores, I got mine from barnesandnoble.com*whoa my numbers are now 555 :O)*

i'm from nashville, so you are not the only southerner here in the igloo heehee. and with my southern drawl i could never even come close to a british accent that didn't make you want to bust out laughing

by the way, welcome to the funny farm dedicated to damo
andrea02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:06 AM   #16
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

why would you want to fake a british accent, surely tis an irish one would want to be working on [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #17
andrea02
Eskimo Regular

yeh i'll have to work on that, but i think i'd be better off letting some lovely irish man fall in love woth my southern accent
andrea02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:22 AM   #18
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

you might want to consider Wheels...although you may have some competition in Uno-X [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:27 AM   #19
gemm
Eskimo Regular

I have been working on my irish accent for awhile... It is not as great as my southern and british accents though... I just thank the Lord I never acquired the Minnesotan accent. Let's go fishing eh? Goodness! I've worked very hard to get rid of any trace of the canadian influence on Minnesotans. Mainly for my aspirations of being a star someday! Hm, yea that will happen...

Irish accents are difficult for an american... There are certain pronounciations I have down, but not many. This will be my new life goal, for a perfect Irish accent!!!