Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #361
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
i just bumped into this (way oooold) post from pics only thread. it made me laugh
haha that was me.. woops!! glad it brought a smile to your face verenita!!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #362
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^
Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #363
Rai
Eskimontologist

It's one thing that Facebook is becoming ever more chaotic and downright schizophrenic. But I think that it's new feature, that little box that's nagging me to become active with friends I haven't been active with on the top right corner has no damn right to taunt me on a daily basis with a certain Polish female person with whom things didn't quite go as planned. I don't need to be reminded of my failures every time I log on to do some procrastination, thank you.

Gorram internets!

I'll just go and look at lolshoggoths

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"

Last edited by Rai; 10-28-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM   #364
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
i don't know if any of you heard anything about the student protests in vienna. it just seems that the government trys to lay more and more bricks in the way of people who want to study. and since the bologna agreement was confirmed our situation gets worse with restrictions, too many students too little room or lecturers. now some people have decided to block the biggest class room (it seats several hundret, if not a thousand people) to get the attention of more and more people. they started it on thursday and there is a demonstration planned for tomorrow. there are just so many things that don't work out well enough. i heard that people from other parts of austria have joined vienna and even some students abroad (within europe). i still have the feeling, that everything is very small and i've got a lot of doubt if our situation will get better because of this. but i think it's good that there are some people who actually show that they don't agree with this system. what do you guys think?
I think it's great that they fight for their rights! As you propably know, we already had german student protests this summer and those protests will be continued in two weeks. The Bologna agreement is a pile of w.ank, it made german universities turn into normal schools, where they don't encourage students to creativity, they encourage them only to collect stupid credit points. How utterly ridiculous to sacrifice an already working university system (Diplom/Magister) and then throw it over board for some european Bologna crap. Wilhelm von Humboldt would turn in his grave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post

the most randomness these days: lothar matthäus (yes, the former capitan of german national team) will be the coach of one of the worst football teams of the last years: racing club (very popular club tough). the only i´m interesting in about his stay in argentina is i find him utterly hot!
LOL
Then you'll probably like his german doppelganger Karl Theodor zu Guttenberg, the minister of defense in the german government. (he's a prick though, an elitist who works for an non-democratic "transatlantic" association that's connected with basterds such as Henry Kissinger or David Rockefeller)

->

Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 AM   #365
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^nah, too yuppie to me
oh, it turned out that matthaus rejected the offer... by texting. not nice (but he´s still hot!).
Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #366
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Default Matthäus passion

Talk about "yuppie"...

Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #367
verenita
... trusty and true ...

fair enough...
(but i still like matthaus )

ps: i saw that picture (by googling lothar matthaus images) right after i posted what i posted about the yuppie guy and i thought: "oops"
Old 11-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #368
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

When he was younger, he looked like an Argentina player...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #369
verenita
... trusty and true ...

indeed
thanks for the pic.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #370
verenita
... trusty and true ...

(^^ i was told he´s a jerk... i don´t like him anymore )

i´m sort of freak about spanish language and i use to go to RAE (Royal Academy of the Spanish Language) site very often (but i haven´t gone in a while, lately). they always have "the word of the day", which i find very interesting. the word, yesterday (i forgot to post it), was Irlanda del Norte (Northern Ireland)
the green island is calling me
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #371
Rai
Eskimontologist

I have the strong feeling that getting one of these t-shirts would cause hilarity to ensue. Scientists are weird.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #372
orangejasmine
murraya paniculata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I have the strong feeling that getting one of these t-shirts would cause hilarity to ensue. Scientists are weird.
Rai. Why would hilarity ensue?

You know, I don't find scientists weird at all. Impractical? Lots of times. Ironically enough - illogical? Most definitely. But not really weird.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #373
Rai
Eskimontologist

^You ask why would hilarity ensue if someone strolled in somewhere with a "neglected tropical diseases" t-shirt? Maybe as a scientist you can't seem the weirdness of it

Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #374
orangejasmine
murraya paniculata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Maybe as a scientist you can't seem the weirdness of it
Probably.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #375
Rai
Eskimontologist

One of the few (why the hell did I spell "few" as "fugh" on my first attempt?) little islands of calm that make me sure that the world is not generally an evil place is the BBC Best of Natural History Radio podcast. It usually features two, probably late middle-aged Englishmen walking in the woods talking about obscure little birds in practically their backyards. Absolutely adorable, old-world stuff.

The RSPB is one of the greatest organisations ever devised by mankind.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #376
Rai
Eskimontologist

Oh and one more thing: Meet Khanzir, the only pig in Afghanistan. He looks like a jolly fellow.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #377
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

So those masks are in case of Swine flu then?

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #378
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran View Post
So those masks are in case of Swine flu then?
¡juaz! maria
Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #379
Rai
Eskimontologist

^^Actually, yes. :P If you recall, after the first news of the outbreak Egypt slaughtered all pigs in the country for no apparent reason.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #380
verenita
... trusty and true ...

messi was awarded the 2009 ballon d'or...

now, little boy, could you, PLEASE PLEASE, play in argentinian team the same way as do you in barcelona? just a little. ¡dejate de joder, NENEEE!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #381
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

The irish guy in this video looks like Damien. In fact, the first time I saw the trailer on tv I thought for a second it was him. This guy is cuter though.

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 12-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #382
verenita
... trusty and true ...

he is cute, indeed. but not cuter than damien in my opinion, although that matthew goode is well-worthy to look at
Old 12-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #383
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

^ Agreed! Definitely a fox, but not in Damien's league (he was pretty good in Brideshead Revisited, even if the movie was just okay)
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #384
cille
creepycute

I like the red headed chick better
Old 12-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #385
Rai
Eskimontologist

Best Christmas song of the century:

Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #386
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Santa Claus 'buried in Ireland'

the readers comments are hilarious!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #387
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

bringing joy to the world? how dare he! the CIA doesn't take that crap!

Santa meets Jack Bauer (not suitable for children)

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #388
Rai
Eskimontologist

I just found my favourite meme: Bayeux Tapestry macros:

An example:

Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #389
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I'm feeling kind of sad because I just dropped off my kitty at my friend's house where he's going to stay over the holiday while i'm having fun in Madrid and other places,
so this cheered me up:

Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #390
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran View Post
I'm feeling kind of sad because I just dropped off my kitty at my friend's house where he's going to stay over the holiday while i'm having fun in Madrid and other places,
so this cheered me up:

This also cheered me up
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
random