Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 06-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Default Ya going to Coldplay in Marlay?

Anyone going to Coldplay on wednesday? I saw them at Witnness 2003 and the show was excellent! The new album's nothing fantastic but I'm expecting another great show. Who's going?
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
eims
Eskimo Eejit

Location: University of Wales, Aberystwyth. Originally from Norn Iron tho..

well if it wasnt my exam week- where all my A-levels are packed into one, and the feckin price of those tix- i'd be down there like a shot!

am just consoling myself with the fact that theres no hope in hell that they'd be even half as good as they were on the 12th of July '03. (it's not workin tho! )
Old 06-20-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eims
well if it wasnt my exam week- where all my A-levels are packed into one, and the feckin price of those tix- i'd be down there like a shot!

am just consoling myself with the fact that theres no hope in hell that they'd be even half as good as they were on the 12th of July '03. (it's not workin tho! )
Nah I think you're right, it won't be anywhere near as good as Witnness! That was a gig never to be repeated! (especially since it was preceeded by Damien.... )
Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
Colbarr
Eskimo Welcomer

I'll be der

Check these out, Moesley.

Chairman of the Welcoming Comittee.
Colbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

i shall be in attendance
Old 06-21-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
eims
Eskimo Eejit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo_friendly
Nah I think you're right, it won't be anywhere near as good as Witnness! That was a gig never to be repeated! (especially since it was preceeded by Damien.... )
damn good show.. 'look at the stars, look how they shine for you'-- and the big moon full moon was shining down on us but yeah.. back in those days i didnt even know who damo was so although it was fab line up well it was my first time hearing mr. Rice... shame on me i know ..
Old 06-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eims
damn good show.. 'look at the stars, look how they shine for you'-- and the big moon full moon was shining down on us but yeah.. back in those days i didnt even know who damo was so although it was fab line up well it was my first time hearing mr. Rice... shame on me i know ..
I have a really nice pic of the sun setting over the crowd while Damo played! I'll post it here when I figure out how exactly!!
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
eims
Eskimo Eejit

ooohh cool amazing to think that that was nearly 2 years ago.. scary stuff
Old 06-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Get there early and see Interpol, on stage at 7:15
Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

im gonna get booed in this thread but *snore*

coldplay do nothing for me live...witnness 2003 was the biggest dissapointment..
they dont do much different to whats on the album...

just not my cup of tea but hope everyone else enjoys it

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:04 AM   #11
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Default Coldplay in Marlay

EHHHHHH

Well, twas okay! I think when I saw them at Witnness, alot of factors influenced how much I enjoyed the gig...
A) It was my first ever gig/concert
B) Witnness has a fantastic atmosphere in general anyway
C) I was still ecstatic after seeing Damien who played just before them
D) They were still a relatively new and exciting band and they were touring their great second album for the first time

...so needless to say tonight's gig was disappointing. For starters we missed Interpol due to the giant queue for the buses from town to the gig. The heavy traffic meant that we got there only a half hour in advance of the band actually coming on stage, so there was no time to get settled and soak up the atmosphere. On top of that, X&Y is quite bland i.m.o. and not a very exciting album to hear live. Then Chris ****ed up the beginning of Warning Sign twice which (where if he didn't already have so much going against him already would normally be fine with me) was just irritating.

Besides all that, there was a great atmosphere there! And the light-show was pretty good as always. And the burst of fireworks at the end was a nice surprise. But that was hardly enough.

On the bus home, my friend said to me "I can't stop singing Led Zeppelin! That's not good after spending the past two hours at a Coldplay gig!", and I said "Well that pretty much sums up the gig..."

Were ya there and what did you think??

Last edited by eskimo_friendly; 06-23-2005 at 09:26 PM. Reason: (sorry it was Warning Sign, not Everything's Not Lost that he messed up)
Old 06-23-2005, 03:18 PM   #12
Colbarr
Eskimo Welcomer

I was there since the gates opened and managed to get myself a pit band. the atmosphere there was great. the first band, 'Morning Runner' i think the were called, were very good but only got to play about five songs. When interpol came out i was expecting more from them but unfortunately all there songs sounded the same. The funniest part of the gig was when the announcer was explaining the fire drill procedure, 'In the unlikely event of a fire please move QUICKLY and SLOWLEY to the nearest fire exit.' Chris martin made a change to the words of Politik which are now my signature. That got a bit of a roar out of the crowd. I.M.O. the concert was fantastic, probably because I was right beside the stage. I never got the chance to listen to X&Y and when songs from the album were played i just stood there. but when he F***ed up in Warning Sign I found it quite funny but he managed to redeem himself and offered us a hypothetical €1 refund. Well thats my review of the gig, I cant remember the set list but they did start with Politik and finished with What If.

Check these out, Moesley.

Chairman of the Welcoming Comittee.
Colbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #13
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

what a day....got to Marlay nice and early and pickwed myself up a pass for the pit. i didnt really dig Morning Runner but OMG i thought Interpol were great, didnt think they would e able to sound as good as they do on CD....and their bassist was well cool too, that guy had some dress sense

as for Coldplay, well i was blown away, i was staning dead centre, about 10 rows of people back from the stage (as close as id wanna be). such a great atmosphere in the pit. i liked Chris' word changes in Politik...somethin along the lines of "give me some Andrea Corr.....la la la....Somethin something....Christy Moore" was pretty funny, and when he pulled up the legs of his pants and he had "Dublin" written accross his knees was great too

the fireworks towards the end were great too....for anybody that was disappointed, the pit was the place to be

EDIT: ah colbarr has the new lyrics for Politik in his sig there....sweet
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #14
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbarr
The funniest part of the gig was when the announcer was explaining the fire drill procedure, 'In the unlikely event of a fire please move QUICKLY and SLOWLEY to the nearest fire exit.'
That was classic!
Old 06-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
Jen de mighty
Dancin' eskimo

I thought the gig was really good!!I really like chris anyway. Oh but messing up warning sign drove me mad - but it was FUNNY.

I thought Clocks and In my place were super - Yellow was pretty cool too

All in all, i liked it.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #16
RyanRunner
Eskimo Friend

i went to see coldplay in hamburg about 2 weeks ago and was really disapointed because the played just about 60-70 minutes. i payed over 50 euros for it and now i´m eating cornflakes for the rest of the month
RyanRunner is offline   Reply With Quote