Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #31
PAgirl9
Word painter

Location: Location: Here in front of the computer reading your messages.Where I live: PA,USA

Ps I assumed you were joking about the Irish eskimos? I'm so up for the challeng of the GG revolution!
PAgirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:39 AM   #32
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pink Girly
Quote:
Originally Posted by absltcit33

ne me quitte pas is amazing, my french teacher in High School played it for us, Ive asked Damien if he planned on playing it,and he said when he learns the words he will/

do u know him then?!

I actually snuck into a gig before the doors opened last year in Cleveland Ohio. I had talked to him in Pittsburgh and decided to try out my french with him. I spat out a couple lines. I remembered hearing him talk about ne me quitte pas on a recording and I decided to ask him about it.

Damien Rice- 4/11
absltcit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #33
OSully
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAgirl9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSully

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Quote:
I love guggenheim, wonder how many americans do? Wouldn't a concert with Damo and GG be great-my dream concert. [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

Hell yeah girl---let's start aGuggenheim revolution!!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] For my own selfish reasons, I'm glad Damien put Lifetime on his top 5 so more people will check them out....way I figure it, they're probably gonna have to get pretty well known in Ireland for them to come over here to the States[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]--or maybe they already are getting big over there--are they Irish eskimos???

But for real, your dream concert is my dream concert too--I've gone so far as to tell Kevin from Guggenheim that I strongly recommend them touring with Damien (uh, yeah, like they're gonna listen to ME--but Itried[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])!

Thankyou for telling Kevin that. I too have brightened his day with an adoring letter. I hope he's considered it Very much, I wish there would be a way to tell Damien the same. For that and if I had enough money for a ticket I'd fly to Ireland.

Hee hee.....that is so awesome! He's probably like, "where the hell are all these crazy american girls coming from???" I love it!!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

When he offered to send me their EP, I wrote him back and asked him to sign it for me so that I'd have it when they got realllly huge.[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img] OMG, I'm such a dork!!
Is what you're taking with you
On the day that you go
OSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:34 AM   #34
OSully
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Ps I assumed you were joking about the Irish eskimos? I'm so up for the challeng of the GG revolution!

Um, I just re-read what I originally said, and it sounded like I was inquiring whether or notthe GGwere Irish Eskimos......

I was *trying* to ask the Eskimo Friendsin Ireland if the GG was big over there yet!!!!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Tis what happens when you don't read over your posts before posting them.....[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
On the day that you go
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #35
PAgirl9
Word painter

Location: Location: Here in front of the computer reading your messages.Where I live: PA,USA

^ I'm glad to here it! So you tole them about your being an american? I was a little shy about it considering lifetime in heat. What state do you live in? He didn't offer me an ep. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] Maybe I'll send him a life history of mine- [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Kidding I wouldn't want to be too pushy-why I worry about such things-pm me if you want to talk more about this- if you want.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #36
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

nah, stay here... i like listening to guggenheim conversations![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
and no, there not very popular over here... but maybe when the album gets released and if they get a good plugger. (i think i nominated myself as an unofficial plugger by starting that thread!!)

what did ye say in the e-mails, ye crazy crazy people!!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #37
PAgirl9
Word painter

Oh just how wonderful their music is and such some stuff about posting more pictures, How I now know where they live and their favorite restaurants location, How I now stalk them- Its an american girl thing,(Just Kidding about the whole stalking thing) [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] ..yada yada yada- What you always write to a magnificent little band in Dublin. You should join in our conversations! Not that there have been many.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:29 AM   #38
OSully
Eskimo Friend

Yes, yes----I would like to second your nomination of yourself as Ireland's GG plugger, Lemonhead!!! Quit yer job, do what ya gotta do to make em huge!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

My e-mails wefen't really that crazy (I hide my craziness pretty well![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])....I wrote initially asking if there was somewhere I could get their EP, but that I lived in the States (yes, I DID let that out--and I'm happy to say he didn't seem too put off by it!). He offered to send me an EP, I (see above comment about being a dork) wrote back and asked if he hadn't sent it yet if he would sign it, he sent it (complete with such a nice little note and a lovely hand-decorated cover), I got it, he wrote back a couple weeks later asking if I had ever gotten it (now damn, THAT'S pretty nice, no??), and I wrote back again and told him how much I appreciated it and that they needed to tour with Damien ASAP. Sadly, that's it....and now I'm waiting for the record and for them to hop on a plane and play in the U.S.!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] How much do ya think I'd have to pay them to come over a do a gig in a bar in my neighborhood? Hmmmm....[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

btw, PAgirl--I live in North Carolina. And you live in....wait, don't tell me.....Pennsylvania?? Wow, I knew all that money for a collegedegree would help me one day.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
On the day that you go
Old 02-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #39
PAgirl9
Word painter

Way to go! You cracked my secret!I feel terrible I just scared of some guy in NY when we were talking about Damo's influence and the first question he asked me was what my age was-odd first question I know. And I sad that was a creepy question-joking-and he took it the completely wrong way and now I feel awful. I wonder if he has low self esteem. Well need to hop to scool cheers
Old 02-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #40
PAgirl9
Word painter

I third the nomination! I know it's late. The NY guy came back. Anyways I'm waiting for a reply from Kevin- if he does- if not oh well he is an aspiring musician.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #41
OSully
Eskimo Friend

Ah, I'm glad to hear NY guy has made peace with the issue!!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]Don't feel too badly about reacting the way you did in the first place---guys have to realize that we girls have seen too many Oprah shows where there's bad guys waiting to get us in cyberspace!![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

On the day that you go
Old 02-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #42
PAgirl9
Word painter

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] I competely agree. I will always blame Oprah now for all of my foolish mistakes and fears. Better to be causious then to be dead is what I always say. A little extreme. I envy the living daredevils. To the dead I say it's your own fault for not trusting Oprah and your mother. Cheers!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #43
Big Fan
Eskimo Baby

All of you lucky people with a bit of insider information...

Any new info on an definite Guggenheim Album release date,
or some gigs?
Big Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #44
Big Fan
Eskimo Baby

Scratch that last question! Hold the front page!

Just been to guggenheimgrotto.com and checked out the gigs page...

1st April they're playing CrawDaddy in Dublin!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Bring it on baby!

Wonder if Damien will make an appearance!? Hmmmm.
Big Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #45
PAgirl9
Word painter

Lucky you. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 04:29 AM   #46
OSully
Eskimo Friend

^ [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]indeed----ya lucky bastards!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] Amanda, let's hop on a plane, shall we?
On the day that you go
Old 02-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #47
PAgirl9
Word painter

I'm ready when you are O'Sully. And when I have the cash and the permission to leave and the courage to fly. Yes, I have never flown, I lost a cousin/sister to a plane when I was eight. But I may face my fears for the grotto.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 PM   #48
OSully
Eskimo Friend

Awww, Amanda--sorry to hear about your loss....tis okay, I've got plenty of courage and pemission but no cash, so I guess we're gonna have to wait for the boys to make it over here anyway![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

(I just said hey to you on the GG forum, btw!![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])
On the day that you go
Old 02-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #49
PAgirl9
Word painter

cool I'll chech it oot.