Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Arrow What a Beautiful Man...

A thought occurred to me just recently and I figured I'd post it here. I was actually outside playing basketball when after about two hours of doing so, I decided to take a break. So I set my ball on the court and used it as a seat as I gazed into the nearby hills of my neighborhood. And then out of nowhere (actually I'm sure it came from somewhere but it felt like nowhere, oh nevermind), this came into my head:

Damien is actually on my mind for a good deal of the day, not because I'm overtly obsessed (who isn't?) but because for some reason, I'm actually able to think while listening to his music. And as I began thinking, I began wondering about all the key events that took place before Damo's birth that eventually led to his presence in this world. And don't even confuse this paragraph with relating it to someone who is speaking nonsense. Interesting ideas are amazing in themselves and when I began thinking about this thought pattern, I realized that if any of those key events were changed somehow, then we would have never even had the pleasure of hearing his wonderful music.

For example, his parents could have married two other different people than each other...he could've gone to medical school...been born 7 minutes earlier than he really was and this would deprive many of us of our first listen of Volcano, Blower's Daughter, 9 Crimes, etc....or perhaps, been born deaf or mute. That last one really got to me so I immediately threw it out of my thought pattern . But yeah, my point is, when you think of stuff like this, it's quite easy to relate it to yourself and become amazed at all the key events that took place to guarantee your footsteps on this earthly soil. Thus, proving just how important each and everyone of us really are. Enjoy yourselves. Peace.

Last edited by Valentino; 01-20-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Calum
Eskimo Regular

I figured that out about two years ago, and since then (or maybe longer than that) i've been obsessed with thinking. Sometimes i think it's my downfall, some people think it's boring, others love it, but to be frank, i don't give a ****.

In my opinion, there's nothing better than contemplating the world, the people who live in it and religion. You can learn so much from yourself. I now believe somewhat in existensialism, whereby each individual has a great deal of power in how they turn out. I believe that we have an understated belief in ourselves and that were are so much more powerful than we think, which is why i don't believe in religion. I believe we control our lives completely basically.

I love it when i can talk to someone about things!

Keep thinking.