Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #29
eamo_rice
meh

I have to say I wasn't too bothered about going to the gig, cos I've seen him so much over the last year, and i knew there would be nothing special in the setlist. but was going with a bunch of mates, and I like the vibe at Marlay Park so thought, why not. and i have to say im glad i went.

There was an awful lot of crowd interaction (i was about 10ppl back from the barrier, in the middle) but at an open air gig of such huge proportions I didn't really mind, and meant I could sing my heart out for once (singing Lisa'a harmonies too, I'm such a nerd).

the tomo/lisa phonecalls were a nice touch (although the cynic in me suspects Damo of some nicely-timed damage-control).

Lisa is no longer missed I have to say, except for I Remember. Damo just can't hit the right tone in the first part of this. how and ever, when the second mike was brought out for the encore, my stomach skipped a beat and i actually thought Lisa might come out on stage, even though i knew she wouldn't. and during Lisa's bit in The Blower's Daughter, my mate and i were CONVINCED we could hear Lisa singing, offstage. are we just nuts?

rest of the gig was pretty solid. The Volcano arrangement from earlier in the year is sounding real good, although it lacked the conviction that it had when i first heard it. I "wooooooed!!!" quite loudly when the second verse and guitars kicked in, but nobody else around me seemed to appreciate the stylistic change.
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote