Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-21-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
Michelle Joey
Eskimo Psychologist

Does anyone know anything at all aboutthem?I think Tomo's American-are the others from Dublin? Edited by: Michelle Joey
Michelle Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Lisa is from Meath apparently
Old 01-21-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
Whitey20
Eskimo Baby

I dunno if this 100% right I think Lisa is from Dunshaunglin in county Meath, Vivienne is from Castleknock in County Dublin, Tomo is from Kerry and Shane I dunno where shane is from. Thats what someone told me, open to corection. I know Damien is from Celbrigde in county Kildare for definate .
Whitey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
administrator
forum administrator

well tomo's from new york or new jersey (used to be in a band called God Street Wine).

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:16 AM   #5
Whitey20
Eskimo Baby

Yep Emmet, I heard Tomo on 106 today and he definately did not have a kerry accent, unless people around Tralee and Listowel talk like Robert De Niro , so im guessing your right about Tomo being from New Jersey. Vivienne sounded really shy . She did a very fineversion of Lennons "come together".
Old 01-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #6
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Didn't I read somewhere that Vivienne was English? There was some article talking about Damien having put together an international group... someone else might remember better, Emmett? Angela?
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

Hi,

I posted the same question on damienrice.com a few weeks ago...
here's the link:
http://www.damienrice.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1045

Briefly, it says,

Tomo has an american accent, and is a nice guy. His name might be "Tom O'Shea"

Shane played bass on mundy's jellylegs album and the frame's dance the devil too.

I vaguely (very vaguely) remember an ancient post on "the original" message board on the old Damien Rice website saying where Lisa went to school. It was in Dublin but I can't remember the name of the school. I guess you might be able to find it somewhere (if you're psycho!).

Vyvienne has an english accent (well I think it sounds english) but that's all i know...

B

Banjaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjaxed

I vaguely (very vaguely) remember an ancient post on "the original" message board on the old Damien Rice website saying where Lisa went to school.* It was in Dublin but I can't remember the name of the school.* I guess you might be able to find it somewhere (if you're psycho!).
Or you could ask someone that went there also.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #9
Whitey20
Eskimo Baby

Yep the school is St kings hospital palmerstown, dublin its a real posh boarding school in dublin, her parents must have a bit of dosh, but I think lisa is originally from Meath.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #10
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

there's a link above called BIO you should try clicking on it sometime.

"Tomo (Tom Osander, formerly of "God Street Wine" - drums, percussion)"
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:19 PM   #11
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

There's no St. in the title but thats right.

Its a coed day and boarding school. She was a day pupil.

Hmm, the bit of dosh thing, not necessarily. They wouldn't have been poor but when I was there which was around the same time she was there weren't really many REALLY rich people (it was only in the early 2000's was there an influx of really obnoxious rich kids). It was mainly a school for (I'll possibly concede to including an upper here in some cases but I certainly wasn't) middle class prod kids.

And there were too many boggers there for it to be called posh don't you know old bean.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #12
Whitey20
Eskimo Baby

Okay fair enough but kings hospital would be considered one of the top schools in the country not your run of the mill average secondary school.
And there were too many boggers there for it to be called posh don't you know old bean.
Ian when you say this are you saying Lisa was one of these boggers , or is she was a bogger trying to be posh. Ian what are you really trying to really say about Irelands best female singer spill the beans .
Old 01-22-2004, 07:47 AM   #13
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] (smiley embargo over folks).

I'll concede that its one of the countries "top" schools. In my leaving cert I came in the 97th percentile nationally but came outside the top 10% in the school.

To the best of my knowledge she was neither a bogger nor a bogger trying to be posh. The little that I've heard her speaking she seems to have the generic Meath/Kildare/Outer Dublin "middle class w**ker" accent. The boggers were from Offally and Mayo, places like that. There were some west-brits as well though so thats where the posh comes from.

I never spoke to her at all in the 5 years that we were there at the same time (I sat the leaving the year before she did) but from what I heard she was "very nice" or as my sister put it "lovely".

So what am I saying "about Irelands best female singer"?

Absolutley nothing. I know almost nothing about her other then whats available to know here. Except that I know when her birthday is, I think (and I have a totally non stalkerish reason for knowing that as well).

Also I know about that time the rugby team...*

*Thats a lie/joke people.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:31 PM   #14
Whitey20
Eskimo Baby

Ian I was only pulling your leg. I kew you were not refering to Lisa. Anyway Lisa must be one of kings hospital most famous former students, did Denis Hickie the Irish rugby player go to Kings Hospital or was it someone else.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #15
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Famous people that have gone to KH:

Lisa (is she actually famous, we know who she is but its not like she's very well known)
Andy from Six (one of my best friends from back then actually)
Kathryn Thomas who does that travel programme on RTE.
The guy who does Eamann Dunphy on Apre Match.
The sister of that ginger haired woman from Fair City was in the year above me so maybe she went there as well.

I think Dennis Hickie went to St. Mary's, the only rugger bugger from KH is Emmet Byrne who is on the Leinster panel and I think he's been capped a couple of times for Ireland.

So the most famous person is probably the Apre Match guy.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #16
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Tom Dunne was just talking about the Bam gig. Vyv is from Dublin