Old 09-12-2003, 09:23 PM   #121
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

Lordy, what is your beef, Lisa?
Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #122
LisaOBrien
Eskimo Regular

actually the beef is:
1. if you want to have conversations use ur pm or your standard messaging service ie aim or msn or yahoo reading all the conversations is making me crazy
2. the site has become more about us the eskimofriends and our lives then about damo.
3. im sick of reading post after post after post after post about how gorgeous irish men are. I KNOW already.
the site has become almost, dare i say it, boring to read.
there is no actual beef with someone in particular just..i miss the lads who used to post and im starting to get tired of coming here myself.
sorry if im an intorlerable bitch Lisa [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Edited by: LisaOBrien
Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #123
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

well i think everyone is getting a little cheesed off at the moment because this place has gone haywire and turned into a self help forum with people talking absolute nonsense... okay the odd bit is obviously gonna happen but every single thread you look at is being bombarded with absolute drivel and it really annoys me personally having been a member here over a year to see all these new people coming in and not giving a crap what people are talking about and going on about tangents and god knows what...

i dont want to offend you but this place has really gone downhill in the last while and i know most of the old regulars dont bother coming back as the place has changed dramatically from what it used to be...

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:09 PM   #124
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

well, no problem then. I will dismember so you will then have on less tangent-doer. If you want, ask Emmett to delete the topics. I don't care. Self-help? They are meant as jokes that get taken too far. What is funnier is how far you can take them. So here, there is my dismember request. I almost did it last week, but that is a whole nother topic. And if I remember right, there is a forum for damien and it is awsome and I look at it everyday. And its posts certainly outwiegh those of Everything Else. In addition, there is a forum for how great this website is. People say it is informative, that it looks gorgeous. New and old memebers have said this. Have you even looked at the posts where people are helping others? Have you? And you blame me for going of on tangents? You know what? Forget it, it is pointless to discuss. But I will still dismember. Edited by: tasha039
Old 09-12-2003, 11:23 PM   #125
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

nobody is asking you to dismember we are just simply asking you to try and control some of the topics as not all topics have to go off the rails... recently ive posted less and less because the place is so swamped with madness that you cant have a reasonable conversation which is what i used to love about the place...

I dont understand why you wish to dismember yourself when all we asked was that topics just be kept under control...

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 11:24 PM   #126
LisaOBrien
Eskimo Regular

whatever tasha there's no need to get all tied up in a bunch. you asked me what the problem was and i told you. noone asked you to dismember..you're going way over the top on this one..i told you this wasnt a personal attack but a general one.
yes i read the posts...no i didnt think they were posts for general viewing..people are writing things that, in my opinion, should not be discussed with strangers. i like that we all talk about things together but things have gotten out of hand round here..there are reems of posts of people generally chatting.
whatever...i just answered a question...i didnt want an argument.Edited by: LisaOBrien
Old 09-12-2003, 11:29 PM   #127
LisaOBrien
Eskimo Regular

ps: i hope dismember doesnt mean you're going to cut your arms and legs off..because id be really upset if i caused that.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:33 PM   #128
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

no, no one asked me to dismember. It was something I decided on my own. Before this and up until this. This area is called everything else. Everything else can mean anything. You want to have a conversation, go have one and shut out people. I would not disrespect that and just post to piss you off. Look, you think I and other people go off on tangents..fine (or just don't post in that topic). But that is just who I am and who those other people. You don't like it, fine. I will go away. I have no problem with that. I will come and look because I like Damien Rice. That is why originally came here, and that is the only reason why I would come back to visit. It was nice to meet other people who like Damien for the same reasons I do. Or who could help me. Do you know how much other music (which can be found in the other music folder) I discovered? Good music.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:39 PM   #129
LisaOBrien
Eskimo Regular

oh tasha lighten up life's too short. noone asked u to leave you're actually cool in a kooky kinda way. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]lord knows im good at tangents....i like tangents but there's tangents and then there's pointless posting...you've kinda lost the point of my post..btw noone said anything about music or leaving or everything else....look you asked i answered...im sorry if i offended you.Edited by: LisaOBrien
Old 09-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #130
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

that is not what I said. Do you have the ability to read. It was a decision I made on my own. ONce before because of something else. I feel as if you have suddenly made me the forerunner in the tangent issue. Okay, I understand how you feel about the posting. I have seen a difference, but not a bad one. Nor a good one. I do not believe any written or spoken word is pointless. Never. Nor do I regret anything I have ever posted. Thus, I feel justified in what I write. You are telling me to lighten up? Yes, fact, I asked you what was wrong. And I am dealing with your 'beef', okay. Dismembering means you will not have to read a post I have written, started, answered. I come here only about Damien and then I check out everything else. I will be Guest 1, or Guest 54. Lightening up may mean to understand what the world wide web is.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #131
megan
Eskimo Regular

i would just like to point out that several of the people who are complaining about thread drift are actually causing it just as much as the others by using this thread (what do you all do?) to complain. no offense meant, but it is all the same to me.

i have been posting on message boards for so long that thread drift doesn't bother me that much. in fact, compared to some of the places i frequent, the thread drift on this forum is almost laughable.

so, back to the topic. what do you all do? if you haven't answered yet, that is.

megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #132
marina
Eskimo Regular

am i the only non-student on the internet at work to pass away the day...at my boss's expense?....oops! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

i work in the Health Board....officey stuff
Old 09-18-2003, 09:26 AM   #133
katinka
Eskimo Regular

i'm also a non-student on the internet at work marina...

Music industry...officey stuff as well

cheers[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #134
marina
Eskimo Regular

dont feel so bad now..cheers Katinka [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #135
katinka
Eskimo Regular

make sure you delete your cookies and clear you history once in a while though..
Old 09-18-2003, 10:06 AM   #136
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

I'm a student but currently working. Is there anything more I should do besides clearing my History and Temp Internet Files under tools and internet options?!! Tomoro is my last day and my boss wants all of my passwords this afternoon!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:08 AM   #137
katinka
Eskimo Regular

delete cookies
Old 09-18-2003, 10:11 AM   #138
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Where tho, don't think I can on a network, can I? It doesn't really matter anyway...Its all just music and MP3 sites anyway. I was bored so I surfed the net...big deal! What are they gonna do fire me?!!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:32 AM   #139
marina
Eskimo Regular

ok i hope this is what i should be doing....my friend works in I.T and she said to.....

on your desktop, right click on the internet, go to propeties, "delete files/cookies", and also "clear history", then click ok before you x out of properties. ive been doing this all summer and haven't gotten caught so far so fingers crossed. Thanks again Katinka
Old 09-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #140
DaveG
Eskimo Regular

FredDaNinjaPunk, depends on what network, if you're working under a linux system, then you can clear it all....under windows, not sure but guess if you can get into the temp internet files, then you can delete the cookies that way, mightn't work though...sorry not a windows expert, use linux myself!
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:12 AM   #141
megan
Eskimo Regular

if you are using internet explorer, go to tools --&gt; internet options and it gives you a way to clear your history and delete cookies &amp; temp internet files.

when you kiss me
on that midnight street
sweep me off my feet
singin ain't this life
so sweet...
megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #142
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Thanks guys..found my cookies, and wow, there was alot of them!!