Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 11-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

Default cameras at shows

i am deciding wheter or not to take a camera in next time i see Damien. however, last time i took one i was so worried about taking pictures that i seem to have missed two songs due to this distraction. does anyone else have this problem? plus, when it's dark in the venue and cameras keep flashing does anyone else find it annoying? just wondering (i'm slightly bored).
katiejoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Bumpman

No-one hates it more then Damien does, he keeps telling people to just watch the shows, and stop having to live through their machines. I reckon if you bring a camera you'll have twice the memories and half the fun.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
No-one hates it more then Damien does, he keeps telling people to just watch the shows, and stop having to live through their machines. I reckon if you bring a camera you'll have twice the memories and half the fun.
Yeah, Damien hates it. I think that was one of the reason while he got pissed-off when I watched him in Berlin (2004). And I can somehow understand him. Nothing against one or two pics for the memory, but this hyper-flashing-taking-pictures of some people is just so stupid and senseless.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

thanks. i definatly don't want to get yelled at by Damien himself!! maybe i'll just take one on my cell phone!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
Bumpman

It was the phones he was talking about I don't know what he thinks about camera's, they're probably a better idea, as long as you're a good enough photographer to take a decent picture without flash, and clever enough to make sure your camera doesn't make annoying beeps.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

thanks again - . i should probably just not bring one at all but it's always cool to get that one perfect picture. (and i always think - what if i happened to meet him after the show - unlikely i know but one can dream) and didn't have a camera. at any rate i have about a month to think about it so i guess i have pleantly of time to make such an incredibly important and difficult decision
Old 11-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

I say bring a camera. Damien won't mind.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
Bumpman

As long as it's obnoxiously big, and you look all 'arty' he won't mind, wear some linen.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
Timeé
Intello

well maybe if your half naked and wearing dungarees.

after the vicar street show i was annoyed i didnt take any pics or videos of the show but soon realised in hindsight that i had a wonderful time and couldnt give a ****e about capturing moments.

we have brains for that.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

But the talkin and loud chatting at gigs is still No. 1 at the most annyoing things while being guest at a concert ranking. Gosh.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #11
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Cameras are really annoying. it's like just listen to the music and be there and experience it...stop trying to take a goddamned picture! Plus I think the flashes are rude. Not that I haven;t done it, but I generally refrain from it because I think it's rude. Although not as ****ing rude as ****ing singing along. grrr. It makes me want to punch people.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:14 AM   #12
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

oh, i had every intention of being half naked wearing dungarees - linen ones if they make them. and maybe a ... fedora!!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #13
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejoey
oh, i had every intention of being half naked wearing dungarees - linen ones if they make them. and maybe a ... fedora!!
Then you MUST bring the camera!

Old 11-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
catcherjf
I'm a Believer

I dont think there is anything wrong with taking pictures at concerts. Its actually one of my favorite hobbies.

I totally agree with no flash rule though. I find the flash to be very rude and can ruin a moment. 99% of the pictures i take are without flash.

I get severly bummed when i cant take my camera with me.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Most of the time the flash will not be effective anyway because on small cameras they are only for close up work. It could actually ruin your photo by brightening up the few rows of heads closest to you and making it impossible to see the band in the distance.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
lisa84
Eskimo Friend

I work at a photo lab, and can't tell you how many rolls of film I see of concerts where people use a flash and they turn out like crap. Most of the time, people are too far away for it to be effective anyways. And it IS awfully annoying to see flashes all over the place during concerts. I myself take concert pictures, but I have a digital camera and am able to change the shutter speed's/light to use it without a flash. The pictures turn out better anyways!
lisa84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #17
droovin
A Hoi-Hoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
As long as it's obnoxiously big, and you look all 'arty' he won't mind, wear some linen.
i reckon the opposite of that would be better. get the biggest camera, with the longest and biggest zoom lens possible, and get up front

personally, i think he'd see the funny side to it. if not, blame me

My Band

My Usual Hangout
droovin is offline   Reply With Quote