Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 10-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #61
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

to be honest five leaves...

i think you are just trying to argue over something and you don't want to be wrong. it is completely ignorant to try and argue some of the stuff you are saying. your comments that are trying to put people in a bind where they are stuck... well... it is just stupid and you aren't very good at it.

common sense... don't shoot yourself in the foot, because it hurts

"morals"... if you don't support violance then you would think it is wrong to shoot either yourself or someone else.

common sense... don't rape someone because it is harmful both physically and emotionally to someone

moral... raping someone isn't right, because it is forcing someone to do something that they are not willing to do.

common sense plays a BIG part in morals. it is just a matter of how you view it.

common sense... don't f*ck someone unprotected

moral... don't have sex untill you are married and you don't have to worry about an unwanted child that wont' have both parents.

to answer your last question the answer is quite simple..

common sense is exactly what we know it to be. it is something that has an easy answer aka the word common. i'd go on more, but i have lots of homework.

a moral is a belief. a moral is something that you belive to be right or wrong. something that may not be "common sense" to everyone, but to you.. it is something that you see as right or wrong while common sense is something that EVERYONE, for the most part, can see and agree is right or wrong (speaking in the majority of people)

let it go. you are trying to fight/start an argument that you yourself are not capable of carrying on.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:23 AM   #62
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Bottom Line: No matter what you believe its going to be based on some sort of universal truth even if the universal truth is that there is no universal truth, which is a contradiction, don't overlook the obvious, if your entire belief system is based on a contradiction then maybe you should try looking at other things, or at least make sure you know why you believe what you believe. if you don't know why you affirm something as truth then you're just as bad as the Christian who always just says "because the Bible says so."
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #63
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

sorry, i find your post ignorant and irrelevant. you are trying to debate an argument of OPINIONS on things like moral beliefs, "universal truth", common sense, and etc, which is a battle that can not be won.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 AM   #64
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
sorry, i find your post ignorant and irrelevant. you are trying to debate an argument of OPINIONS on things like moral beliefs, "universal truth", common sense, and etc, which is a battle that can not be won.
well, maybe its healthy to question your OPINIONS sometimes, i'm not shoving anything down anyones throat.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #65
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Leaves Left
you're just as bad as the Christian who always just says "because the Bible says so."
christians dont say that anymore. those type have turned into politician-like believers that come up with a philosophical answer to everything.

i mean the bible is based on a bunch of metaphors.
otherwise who would want to read some random guys life
everyone after that who didnt do it are described like. . . "well he didnt even rise from the dead i mean come on".
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #66
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeé
christians dont say that anymore. those type have turned into politician-like believers that come up with a philosophical answer to everything.

i mean the bible is based on a bunch of metaphors.
otherwise who would want to read some random guys life
everyone after that who didnt do it are described like. . . "well he didnt even rise from the dead i mean come on".
but timee, some do say and believe that. and it's not just a minority. bush and a huge percentage of americans believe in creationism and take the bible literally. but it's not just here, i read a report about religion in the world and the number of hardcore christians, muslims and jews in europe is growing faster than ever. i'm not talking about reasonable people that have a religion, i'm talking about extremists.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #67
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Leaves Left
well, maybe its healthy to question your OPINIONS sometimes, i'm not shoving anything down anyones throat.
why do you keep mentioning universal truth? i find it irrevelant to this thread. like i've said, there are opinions, you can't say there is or isn't forsure a "universal truth" because it all goes back to OPINION
Old 10-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #68
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
why do you keep mentioning universal truth? i find it irrevelant to this thread. like i've said, there are opinions, you can't say there is or isn't forsure a "universal truth" because it all goes back to OPINION
universal truth is relevant because we are discussing morals and in order to defend my belief in universal morals i need to defend that everyone's philosphy leans on what they believe to be universal truths.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #69
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I just had to laugh when I read this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...285010000.html

I thought the scandal was awesome enough as it was, but to know that the lying hypocrite was in this movie makes it ten times better.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #70
BIG TIM
Polar bear

After seeing the Trailer all I can say is that in my view I think its healthy for kids to be brought up with some sort of morals within the christian church. like the schools where they have it as a basis but not necessarly as a priority.
which means I would take my kids to Church on a sunday, but I wouldn't have them be in sunday school, I wouldn't want to have my kids questions answered by someone who totally believed in something that the kids dont understand fully at a young age.

I have always believed that you choose your own path when you have enough knowledge of what else is there for you. I don't like it when I see kids using words they dont understand cos you can guess it's just parrot talk.

Last edited by BIG TIM; 11-06-2006 at 10:42 PM.
BIG TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #71
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
I just had to laugh when I read this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...285010000.html

I thought the scandal was awesome enough as it was, but to know that the lying hypocrite was in this movie makes it ten times better.
yea the guy is a total hypocrite. he has a really screwed up view of Christianity tho, after the protestant reformation another group of Christianity broke off known as "dispensationalism" out of this group came the group that he's in which is based on charismatic theology, the whole "Christian" experiance in their practice is based on feelings rather than intellect that's why in movie's like Jesus Camp, or in the trailer at least can't say i've seen the movie, the focus is one the experiances of the kids. it sucks tho because it develops a chrisitan stereotype so when stuff like this happens it makes all of us look bad, kinda like homosexuality in the Roman Catholic Church, and violence in the Islamic religion. so yea the guy's a total loser.