Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Default Expect Band Personel Changes Soon

I can't define "soon". But the band is unlikely to remain a quartet for long. No comment as to whether it will be a familiar name or a new person.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
I can't define "soon". But the band is unlikely to remain a quartet for long. No comment as to whether it will be a familiar name or a new person.
Where are you getting this info from?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

With all good news comes the bad - while last night's show was totally awesome and I think Damo, Shane, Tomo and Joel were incredibly tight I did get bad news at the end of the show.

I met up with one of the tapers who said he was tight with the guys on the board - he unequivocally stated that Vyv is out of the band and that they are just not talking about it.

Then - if you saw my post on gigs - we met up with damo at the front of the palace after the show - while he was with Shane and Joel, Tomo was absent - also toward the end of the show you got the sense that damo was interacting much more with Joel than tomo and shane - maybe that is coming up because of this chatter.
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
eamo_rice
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex
- also toward the end of the show you got the sense that damo was interacting much more with Joel than tomo and shane - maybe that is coming up because of this chatter.
i noticed that at all the England gigs as well, but just thought it was because they've been friends for ages and he was making sure Joel wasn't feeling left out of things. also, after playing within a certain band framework for so long, it must be more interesting for Damo to have another guitarist on stage every night, so he's bound to pay more attention to Joel than the others - after all, Shane and Tomo know exactly what to do by this point.
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex
I met up with one of the tapers who said he was tight with the guys on the board
yay! does this mean there will be a recording surfacing eventually?
Old 05-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Timeé
Intello

so all of the talented people in the band are leaving? ugh
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
Mort
Czech Eskimo

Ugh. <prays>This must me a rumour</prays>

Berlin 15/3/07, Dresden 22/7/07, Prague 10/7/12.

last.fm
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeé
so all of the talented people in the band are leaving? ugh
well, not quite ALL of them. i do support the idea, despite popular belief, that damien himself possesses actual talent. lisa and vyv were fantastic, as were (and still are) shane and tomo. however, youll soon see (if damien ever returns to ireland) that his shows are taking a new direction in which other musicians could add quite a positive impact. and i think we're safe to assume that damien has an eye for talent himself, so i'm going to respect his choices on who he may or may not replace his existing band with. and, of course, this rumour isnt even confirmed!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
Fool
Eskimo Fool

Quote:
Yeah. Good one. Very, very interesting.
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #10
stefferrelli
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
I think it's quite funny because I talked to Damien after the DC gig and he said that Vyv is coming back for the last few dates on this US tour.
stefferrelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #11
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefferrelli
I think it's quite funny because I talked to Damien after the DC gig and he said that Vyv is coming back for the last few dates on this US tour.
This post and my post are not exclusive of one another.

Last edited by mario_d; 05-28-2007 at 03:19 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #12
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

I have to say that Vyv's leaving is a real surprise for me. i felt that recently cello has become more prominent than before as a musical character in those songs, and she has put more into the songs too. i will miss the cello sound definitely. Good luck Vyv, Montreal has you in fond memory...oh may be she is just tired and needs a break from intensive touring.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #13
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
As I posted in the Gigs forum for the DC show, I was told (1) that Joel was flying home on Sunday and wouldn't be back for the rest of this leg, but probably will be back in the summer. Not sure about September's tour and (2) Vyv went home drama-free and wouldn't be back for this leg of the tour (which is only a few dates anyway).

That said, even when these things come from the horse's mouth, I've been led astray by the horse in the past - the horse could be drunk or idealistic or even just lying because it's fun.

Last edited by GlttrGrrl; 05-28-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: do you know who I am?
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote