Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #31
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

It's probably best for my wallet. I'll keep trying for a little while, but damn. Shouldn't have let that upper mezzanine ticket slip by yesterday!
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #32
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

Was anyone able to get tickets yesterday or today? I didn't pull up anything either time.
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #33
melodie
mmm bop.

nope...
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #34
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

I pulled up an upper mezzanine ticket yesterday, but it was way in the back, so I gave it up. At least someone had luck with getting a ticket using the mobile site or app.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #35
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

No luck! There must be a better way! I don't really go to a lot of concerts anymore, but I don't remember it being this bad. This happened when I tried to get Mumford tickets, as well. Is it always like this?
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #36
dawno
just mildly free

Pulled nothing today at all - trying on my macbook as well as my iPhone (using LTE so as to avoid any IP issues) and my daughter tried on her iPhone as well. There was not a single ticket available. Friends I've talked to all got shut out as well.

I did get a pair in the lower mezz yesterday that I almost didn't buy, but now I'm glad that I did.

This is beyond frustrating that fans can't get them, but scalpers have plenty.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #37
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Unfortunately, yes. Ticketmaster always gets slammed by people wanting to go to shows and a lot of scalpers (there are over 200 tickets on StubHub already, of course). This is probably worse than the average ticket buying experience because people will come from out of town to visit New York, plus there are so few shows announced that people are more willing to travel and make it work.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #38
melodie
mmm bop.

it definitely seems like a bigger problem in new york than elsewhere. tickets are still available for montreal, more than 30 minutes in.
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:40 AM
amyyhc
This message has been deleted by amyyhc.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:41 AM   #39
amyyhc
Eskimo Friend

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Pulled nothing today at all - trying on my macbook as well as my iPhone (using LTE so as to avoid any IP issues) and my daughter tried on her iPhone as well. There was not a single ticket available. Friends I've talked to all got shut out as well.

I did get a pair in the lower mezz yesterday that I almost didn't buy, but now I'm glad that I did.

This is beyond frustrating that fans can't get them, but scalpers have plenty.

I also find it so frustrating and infuriating when scalpers literally steal the tickets from loyal fans and try to turn them for profit!
amyyhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #40
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyyhc View Post
I also find it so frustrating and infuriating when scalpers literally steal the tickets from loyal fans and try to turn them for profit!
Isn't the promoter also taking tickets and turning a profit?
Isn't Damien also taking tickets and turning a profit?
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #41
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d View Post
Isn't the promoter also taking tickets and turning a profit?
Isn't Damien also taking tickets and turning a profit?

Yes but difference is a scalper/ticket broker doesn't provide a service we want. For example they basically stand in line in front of you, buy every ticket left at the venue. Then they turn around and say...."I have great tickets for triple the price" And tries to sell it to you.

Everyone needs to make a profit, but the gray areas are where scalpers and ticket brokers are dealing with. That's why ticketmaster and other sites "try" to prevent this from happening, but greatly with no success.

You don't hear groans about the promoter or Damien making a profit because it's actually what we want to pay for.

Last edited by madhat181; 10-05-2014 at 05:27 PM.
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #42
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat181 View Post
Yes but difference is a scalper/ticket broker doesn't provide a service we want. For example they basically stand in line in front of you, buy every ticket left at the venue. Then they turn around and say...."I have great tickets for triple the price" And tries to sell it to you.

Everyone needs to make a profit, but the gray areas are where scalpers and ticket brokers are dealing with. That's why ticketmaster and other sites "try" to prevent this from happening, but greatly with no success.

You don't hear groans about the promoter or Damien making a profit because it's actually what we want to pay for.
No, ticketmaster "tries" (nudge nudge wink wink) to prevent scalping to make more money for themselves. Most times, ticketmaster encourages scalping. Scalping moves the inventory risk from Ticketmaster's books to someone else. Here's the website Ticketmaster built for scalpers to use so Ticketmaster can still get a cut themselves: http://www.ticketsnow.com

Here's the listing on Ticketmaster's Scalping Website for the Damien Apollo show: http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryB...14?PID=1629494

You may say you don't want the service, but there are many many many people who do want the service a scalper provides: Not having to pay attention and spend time on on-sale dates.

Last edited by mario_d; 10-06-2014 at 03:51 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #43
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

The problem is that only those with ample amounts of money have access, right?

Last edited by InspirationDestination; 10-09-2014 at 01:10 AM.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote