Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #61
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

It's not complaining to suggest a man who has been playing roughly the same setlist for 7 years now might want to change it a bit. Obviously, if you haven't gotten to see him during that time, you're not likely to mind the old setlist.

Personally, this is making me not feel so bad about getting shut out of most of the NY shows. Unless he really opens it up, I think I may be fine with one show.

Very cool to see Grey Room in there, though, and the unplugged Eskimo sounds fantastic.
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #62
pauljoecoe
Eskimo Baby

I will be very disappointed if there is no band at his London gig. Ģ70 and no band?

As for not playing many new songs, I find the fact that he is touring before the album is released odd. Is it because the album was delayed in release but the venues were already booked?
pauljoecoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #63
Joyful
Eskimama

Really surprised and disappointed by the set list. And no, not a whiny baby, but a fan that is tired of the old shtick that he has been doing for years and years.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #64
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmigliaccio View Post
It's not complaining to suggest a man who has been playing roughly the same setlist for 7 years now might want to change it a bit. Obviously, if you haven't gotten to see him during that time, you're not likely to mind the old setlist.

Personally, this is making me not feel so bad about getting shut out of most of the NY shows. Unless he really opens it up, I think I may be fine with one show.

Very cool to see Grey Room in there, though, and the unplugged Eskimo sounds fantastic.
Sorry to hear that your luck was as bad as mine in securing tix to the NYC shows. I'm incredibly fortunate to have a friend who will bring me to the Box on Sat. night, and I did get a pair in the mezz for the Apollo in the presale. I'm happy with those shows, but I do long for the days when I had no problem getting tix to see him.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #65
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

this was posted on FB...

https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...Qk41R1BsZThUQw

looks like itīs the SF gig
Old 10-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #66
daavo
Accidental Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
this was posted on FB...

https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...Qk41R1BsZThUQw

looks like itīs the SF gig
Yep, it's the full gig and an amazing recording as well - thanks for posting!
daavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #67
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Crazy how now we find bootlegs randomly posted on fb, no one does forums anymore!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #68
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

Hi, anyone knows what the extra verses at the end of Accidental Babies was? I heard, "Do you have the courage to see me", and then "Am I too blind to let this go?" and then something else which I couldn't get at all.
Damohohoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #69
Abso
Eskimo Friend

As I can understand "old" fans who have followed Damien live for years I would really not complain about having Elephant and Accidental Babies the same night as they're my fav' songs but what I've loved about this Tour was the opportunity to discover songs live instead of audio so I'd be quite disappointed too if he won't play any of new songs at Paris even if it would be my first Damien's gig. Fingers crossed!
There are probably tons of reasons we don't know about why Damien doesn't play new songs as we could expect. I can't expect someone jumping back on stage with new materials that easy after a 8 years silence, it must be a lot of pressure.
Abso is offline   Reply With Quote