Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 08-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #211
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

oooh i love Mrs Doubtfire...one of my childhood favs too!!!!

'p-p-p-p-p-piss off lou' (please tell me i haven't mis-quoted there, but that line always springs to mind with that film) [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]love it...might watch it before i go to bed now you've mentioned it! although i do have to be up really early for work, but what the hell...it's such a good'un!
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #212
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

This should come as no surprise...
KILL BILL!!!
I was on the fence about this until I saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 a few days ago. They were meant to be one film and you don't really fully understand the characters or the plot direction until almost the end of Vol. 2. It has become my favorite movie of all time!! Yay Quentin!! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #213
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah650

Also has anyone seen My Cousin Vinny with Joe Pesci? I highly recommend it-top class comedy

great call on "my cousin vinny." as a new yorker luv the abuse of our accents. "the two "utes""
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM   #214
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight

KILL BILL!!!
I was on the fence about this until I saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 a few days ago. They were meant to be one film and you don't really fully understand the characters or the plot direction until almost the end of Vol. 2. It has become my favorite movie of all time!! Yay Quentin!! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

yeah, i'll watch both as soon as the 2nd come out on dvd in september - i have a feeling i'll hate the first one (i mean, i hated pulp fiction for being to roothless and bloody and cynical, so...) and love the second one, so i gotta have the sequel as bate for getting through the first one at all.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:21 PM   #215
Petra
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

KILL BILL!!!

ooh - just watched vol 2 this evening
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:36 PM   #216
Hannah650
Wee Wils

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfan

great call on "my cousin vinny." as a new yorker luv the abuse of our accents. "the two "utes""

One of the best scenes has to be with the state lawyer boyoand the stutter, spittin all over the people in the witness box,hysterical! What dya call the actress who plays his fiance??wreckin me head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna
'p-p-p-p-p-piss off lou' (please tell me i haven't mis-quoted there, but that line always springs to mind with that film)

Perfect quoting there vienna, Might watch it meself now
Old 08-16-2004, 11:00 PM   #217
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

[/quote]

One of the best scenes has to be with the state lawyer boyoand the stutter, spittin all over the people in the witness box,hysterical! What dya call the actress who plays his fiance??wreckin me head!

that was "mona lisa vito" played by marissa tomei! she got an academy award for best supportiung actress for that role. think i need to rent it again soon! "yeah like you blend"
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #218
Hannah650
Wee Wils

yeh thats the one! was fabulous in it, totally deserved the oscar![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 01:49 AM   #219
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

KILL BILL!!!

i like you [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]doesn't it rok, big-time?!i think i prefer the second one... it's really a case of a sushi or spaghetti film but it's difficult picking![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

pulp fiction i think is my favourite film, if i have one... well it's up there... favourite is a strong decision![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 02:40 AM   #220
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillecille
yeah, i'll watch both as soon as the 2nd come out on dvd in september - i have a feeling i'll hate the first one (i mean, i hated pulp fiction for being to roothless and bloody and cynical, so...) and love the second one, so i gotta have the sequel as bate for getting through the first one at all.

Tarantino's films are all very violent, Cille. Vol. 2 is still bloody and full of action but you get more insight into the characters and why they act the way they do, which is what I think Tarantino tries to explore in his films-- the character's minds and the motivation behind their violence. I don't find his films cynical, though. Some of it is very tongue-in-cheek, but Quentin has kind of a twisted sense of humor at times. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead

i like you [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]doesn't it rok, big-time?!i think i prefer the second one... it's really a case of a sushi or spaghetti film but it's difficult picking![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

pulp fiction i think is my favourite film, if i have one... well it's up there... favourite is a strong decision![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I have a hard time picking favorites, too, JJ... but Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 do rock! Big time!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]And films with kickass women always get my vote! And I've really come to love Uma Thurman as an actress. I loved Pulp Fiction, too (Eric Stolz's character so reminded me of my brother) but I first liked Uma when I saw her in the Adventures of Baron Munchausen, rising out of the sea looking every bit the part of the goddess Venus/Ahprodite. But she worked her butt off in Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. David Carradine said he's never seen anyone work as hard on a role. And he thought his role was the role of a lifetime, and said the script read like literature and comparedTarantino's writing to Shakespeare, though the screenplay was also co-written by Uma (written by Q and U [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #221
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

oooh Q & U! wow, you're a mine of information! yeah, uma thurman rocks... i love that buried alive bit... *but i'm stopping here in case i give it all away!* that scene in jack rabbit slim's was my favourite, ever![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

*it was a teenage wedding and their folks, they wished em well!...*

his choice of music is amazing in all his films... johnny cash sounded so cool in the second, with the guy and his cowboy hat!

Old 03-31-2005, 11:38 PM   #222
dizzy cannon
senseless eskimo

i didnt feel like starting a new thread so im posting in this one

anyway has anyone ever seen the movie where the heart is? not the one with natalie portman this one is from 1990 and has uma in it anyway i really liked the artwork in it

jus wanted to know if anyone else saw it and what they thought

"You're still reaching for the moon."
"No, father. The moon's reaching for me!"

myspace

dizzy cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #223
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

no,( i only know where my heart is, not kidding) i don't know about it, 15 years ago, Portman was a kid in it?

Last edited by SilentNight; 04-01-2005 at 02:07 AM.
SilentNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:08 AM   #224
dizzy cannon
senseless eskimo

cast: Dabney Coleman,Uma Thurman,Joanna Cassidy,Crispin Glover,Suzy Amis,Christopher Plummer,David Hewlett,Maury Chaykin,Dylan Walsh,Ken Pogue,Sheila Kelley,Michael Kirby,Dennis Strong, Timothy Stickney,Emma Woollard

"You're still reaching for the moon."
"No, father. The moon's reaching for me!"

myspace

dizzy cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:07 AM   #225
Firefly
Eskimo Baby

I LOVE life is beautiful (la vide y belle) - so sad but brillaint

also The Life of Brian - one of my all time favourites ( two totally different genre of films there !)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #226
gregamiepgy
marsh - wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
I LOVE life is beautiful (la vide y belle) - so sad but brillaint

i had expected the father to be able to make it alive through the whole ordeal, and what a horrible surprise i had towards the end. but that it still ends with hope makes it a tearfully heart-warming experience.

Mrs Doyle: Fr Todd Unctuous?
New Priest: [Suddenly elated] YES! WELL DONE!
gregamiepgy is offline   Reply With Quote