Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-09-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
cheese
Daisy of the Galaxy

Hey everyone! I've just downloaded a file called Volcano Instrumental, I'm sure I've seen it listed on the Volcano single (Which I don't have as I'm a broke hobo!)...though I was expecting it to just Volcano without any words, though it's like a total remix...it sounds like Volcano in a way but I'm not sure, was just wondering if anyone could put me right and let me know if it was actually was the Volcano Instrumental from the Single?

Thanks [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 01:12 AM   #2
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

where did you find it?

ive been looking everywhere for that file...

is there anyway you could possibly email it to me?

id be much obliged!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
cheese
Daisy of the Galaxy

I found it on Kazaa, I've been looking for it for ages...I was actually looking for the Radio edit and insturmental of Cannonball when I came across it [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I'd gladly send it to you, though I'm not sure any of my email accounts would allow me sorry [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]I have a couple of Instant messengers if that helps?
Old 04-09-2004, 01:41 AM   #4
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

It's on the release: drm004cd

1. Volcano (New Version) (3:32)
2. Delicate (Live Acoustic) (6:07)
3. Volcano (Instrumental) (8:08)
- . Volcano (Demo) (Hidden Track)
*. VIDEO (Live gig and backstage footage)

the first song is the remix/experimental verison of Volcano, although on the back of the single it says 'new version'. Delicate is recorded live in dublin (cornueopia café), july 2001. the third track has two songs, the first part is the remix/experimental verison of Volcano BUT with no vocals. Then after a two minute gap Damien can be heard saying "December 3 1997.." and then launches into a early demo version of Volcano.

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:43 AM   #5
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

thats cool....if you want to try and send the file thru an instant messenger my contact is unexplainedmuse@yahoo.com

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #6
cheese
Daisy of the Galaxy

Aww crap really?? I cut the download it half because I thought it was just lots of silence [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]...if it is the Juniper verison though then I'm ok please tell me it is [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

I really need those singles! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 01:46 AM   #7
cheese
Daisy of the Galaxy

Oh which instant messenger is that? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]I have Yahoo, MSN and AIM .....wow no wonder I'm always online lmao!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:49 AM   #8
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

lol....yeah...i have all of them as well...but i use trillian...which condenses all of the messengers into one.

id say using yahoo would be the best bet
Old 04-09-2004, 09:48 AM   #9
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese

Aww crap really?? I cut the download it half because I thought it was just lots of silence [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]...if it is the Juniper verison though then I'm ok please tell me it is [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

I really need those singles! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

No, it's not the Juniper version. It is an all acoustic demo by Damien. And as you say - you should just buy the singles. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Let me just add to what Loveless said (even though everything he said is perfectly correct as always) that this release we're talking about here is the Irish drm004cd. It is not the same release as the DR04CD which was recently released on 14th Floor. DR04CD is the one that has got Volcano radio edit(which you were originally looking for) on it. Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #10
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

yeah, what Magnus said [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] oh I didn't know 'drm004cd' was only released in Ireland, thanks.

btw, do you know what the release date for 'DR04CD1' or 'DR04CD2' was?

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #11
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Amazon (if those are to be trusted [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) wants us to believe that DR04CD1 was released February 9, 2004.and that DR04CD2 was released January 19, 2004.The whole thing about the CD1 / CD2 thing is for me yetto beoutfigured. Amazon says that these are the catalogue numbers, but the version I have got of this release says just simply DR04CD on the back. Not "1" or "2." I will get back to you soon with some pics and more info Loveless! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

PS: According to Amazon the "part 2" is oop. I am not sure if it ever even existed...
Old 04-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #12
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

I forgot to mention an helpful thing that can help you to ditinguish theUK / European releases from the Irish (which have got quite similar catalogue numbers):Allreleases with catalogue number DRXXCD are on 14th Floor Records and are distributed through East West throughout Europe. All releases with catalogue numbers drxxxcdare on Damien Rice Music and are distributed in Ireland,in the merchandise boothat live shows andthrough thewebshop of the official Damien Rice website (and of course as imports from Amazon and the likes).

Luckily the US releases on Vector Recordings(distributed by Warner Bros.)do not have catalogue numbers that arethat easily confused with the Irish and UK releases.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:05 PM   #13
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

I want it too [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #14
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
It's on the release: drm004cd

1. Volcano (New Version) (3:32)
2. Delicate (Live Acoustic) (6:07)
3. Volcano (Instrumental) (8:08)
- . Volcano (Demo) (Hidden Track)
*. VIDEO (Live gig and backstage footage)

the first song is the remix/experimental verison of Volcano, although on the back of the single it says 'new version'. Delicate is recorded live in dublin (cornueopia café), july 2001. the third track has two songs, the first part is the remix/experimental verison of Volcano BUT with no vocals. Then after a two minute gap Damien can be heard saying "December 3 1997.." and then launches into a early demo version of Volcano.

Hey guys, just wondering, is this the version of Delicate that begins, "Thanks for coming out, the 30th of December... the night before the night... This is Delicate" (the track from the B-Sides comp.)?

If not, then I have no idea what version of the song this is.

Also, was this recorded the same night as "The Professor" at The Cornucopia? That place has some kind of acoustics, huh? lol
Cremallero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #15
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremallero View Post
Hey guys, just wondering, is this the version of Delicate that begins, "Thanks for coming out, the 30th of December... the night before the night... This is Delicate" (the track from the B-Sides comp.)?

If not, then I have no idea what version of the song this is.

Also, was this recorded the same night as "The Professor" at The Cornucopia? That place has some kind of acoustics, huh? lol
it is the same version as the one on the B-Sides compilation