Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 05-18-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Sionna
Eskimo Regular

N e one here going?I got my stand up ticket for Wednesday.Its so annoying that I have my ticket and its not on until December!
Sionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

yeah i got seated tickets, too late for the standing. yeah its annoying its in december. i thought it was tonight cuz they're playing a small venue in belfast tonight. a friend got the ticket for me and i just realised yesterday that it was for december. how silly of me!

Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #3
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

I assume this is for the December gig.

Going the Wed & Thursday nights and the previous Sat in Manchester.

Needless to say R'head would be my favourite live band, Damo comes in second.

Made it to their 2 gigs in Dublin 2 weeks ago and it was truely amazing, Sunday night being the better of the 2.

Only a few months left.

Dan

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
shanecahill
Eskimo Friend

Yeah can't wait. You went to the two in the Olympia, fair play to ya! I couldn't get to either of them. Wish I could have, would've given a limb.

Shane
and everything's gone wrong"
Hummingbird - "Looking for Gold
shanecahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #5
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

what a review in hotpress magazine and i would have loved to seen them play the olympia

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #6
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

Radiohead Dublin May 2003-05-20

(Well firstly I don’t think my own minireview will do the gigs justice)

SAT 17:
Sitting on the first floor balcony, back row. Support for both nights was the same, A guy called “Fourtet” and it was dreadful. Consisted of him in the centre of a stage with 2 laptops and he was just making noise by twiddling knobs & pressing buttons. Lasted for 30 mins so I clapped when it was over,
Radiohead came on at 9.00-ish and played for 2 hours, opened with “There There” both nights which worked well. Johnny & Ed pounding at drums before Johnny went a bit mad with the guitar. Set list for gig is on color=#000000www.nme.com/news/105071.htm . Since I haven’t downloaded the album, preferring to wait & hear the final product, the new songs were a mystery but the stand out tracks were “Mxyomatosis” (similar live to the national anthem) &, “A Punchup At The Wedding”. The best song overall that night was “Paranoid Android”, the crowd went a bit mad for that. Thom had a few new dance moves as well and it looked like they all enjoyed the night. Played for 2 hours and it was over for 11. So to sum it up the gig was great but it seemed that the song order was a bit messed up, every song was different & every song needed instrument changes. The crowd was fine except there was a one gut about 5 rows down who for a few songs stood up dancing (thus blocking view of Thom) but his air guitar for “Airbag” was nice to see. And even though there was a little scuffle (well more of a push between 2 people) a few rows down, which something I’ve never come across at a gig ever, good night until…..

SUN 18;
…which was amazing. It really left me speechless. Unfortunately I don’t have a setlist (which varied from the previous night) to look at for this one so it’s from my memory. This night sitting on the second floor balcony, front row far left, so only 50-75m from Ed the whole night. They played “Kid A” which I have not seen live before and “Climbing up the walls” which I haven’t seen live for years but was very different tonight. “Fake Plastic trees” was played too and the fact that the crowd stayed quiet for the start of it was a bonus. “Talk Show Host” got a great reception. I’m pretty sure “Street Spirit” was played and “No surprises”. On this night the order was of songs was more uniform & because of this it has to be my best Irish performance by them and my second favourtie Radiohead gig (after South Park Oxford ’01). So finally I recommend to anyone, if they have a chance to go to a 2 nighter R’head gigs, do it. Both nights they finished with “How to disappear completely”, I suppose just for the mention of the “Liffey”, hey, we liked it. New merchandise was ok, not a great selection though, although they are now selling badges with various images from the album sleeves.

So, roll on November/ December.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:47 PM   #7
TiptoeMushroom
Eskimo Regular

yeah Jeweller.... that review was deadly alright.....

Anyone get ''Hail To The Thief'' yet??

what ye think??
Old 06-19-2003, 04:49 AM   #8
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

Is a grower.

took a few listens to get used to it.

Favourite song from it at the moment is Backdrifts