Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 11-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #721
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

^Yes!! that made me smile too just now. Though I have to say I am just as excited, if not more, for the prospect of some cold weather!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #722
verenita
... trusty and true ...

enjoy girls. i bet it will be amazing! i wish i could see them live...

as for me: i spent the best sunday in a very long time. we have an asado (sort of a barbecue, but way better, imho), surrounded by the mountains and a river near to us, and we drink very good wine and a few mojitos....
oh, and we listened to damien and the frames in the car on our way home. it was a beautiful day
Old 11-15-2010, 03:23 AM   #723
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

verenita, you are so pretty! i'm smiling simply because i feel better with myself. for the past couple of months i've been trying to get over someone but i was still so miserable, but now i know i'll be alright oh and i got a kitty and i already love her, she's so cute and funny. she makes me smile every day. i also cut my hair short and it feels so good. it's nice to come back to the igloo, i hope everyone's. the realease of aung san suu kyi also makes me really happy
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 AM   #724
jasmineha
Wide eyed and hopeful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
verenita, you are so pretty! i'm smiling simply because i feel better with myself. for the past couple of months i've been trying to get over someone but i was still so miserable, but now i know i'll be alright oh and i got a kitty and i already love her, she's so cute and funny. she makes me smile every day. i also cut my hair short and it feels so good. it's nice to come back to the igloo, i hope everyone's. the realease of aung san suu kyi also makes me really happy
Let's see a pic of the kitten!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #725
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i am very happy for reading what you said, cali (and thanks, btw) i really am, thanks for sharing it with us (i bet they were -probably, still are- hard times). and i´m so glad we have you here again you were very very missed. bunch of hugs
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #726
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i just talked to my godson (he´s almost 2 years old) by a video call. he is so damn adorable
Old 11-17-2010, 02:44 AM   #727
verenita
... trusty and true ...

there´s this man that i love with all my heart. he is one the most incredible human beings on earth and he is also sort of my mentor and guide i´m chatting with him right now... and every time i do i can´t help falling in love with him over again. i know it might not be the right way to say it in english, but i don´t mean in a romantic way (and that´s the best part )... and i can´t help to tell him that, lol. of course, since he is the best, he doesn´t mind i say those words, hehe.

now, i know i´ll sleep with a huge smile upon my face

Last edited by verenita; 11-24-2010 at 12:59 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #728
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

it's good to have people in your life that you love with all your heart! this ^ made me smile
Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #729
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmineha View Post
Let's see a pic of the kitten!
Yes yes yes kitten pics, please!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #730
verenita
... trusty and true ...

wine-tasting in about an hour for me i´m not a wine drinker, so i´m a bit nervious but definitely excited!

and (this was yesterday though)... i finished my first week at school in mendoza. it was brilliant. the student (an old american man) said to me (in english, cause he´s a very beginner) that i am an excellent teacher, and that i have an excellent sense of humour, he thanked me because we laughed a lot and that definitely helped him
that was really kind for him to say cause i love laughing it´s one of my favourite "hobbies" (lol). i´m so glad that he was son receptive and he enjoyed the classes. i love this job
Old 11-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #731
Joyful
Eskimama

^ That made me smile. Laughing is one of my favorite hobbies too. Love it
Enjoy the wine tasting. I am enjoying a weekend with my family with no real plans. It's brilliant.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #732
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

after a really nice and long chat with a lovely friend from cork i asked my husband again if he'd fly to ireland with me. right now our flights cost about as much as one would cost regularily, so i just booked them! now i really can't wait for 2011! it just really looks like it's going to be such a good year!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #733
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
I am enjoying a weekend with my family with no real plans. It's brilliant.
it is brilliant indeed enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
after a really nice and long chat with a lovely friend from cork i asked my husband again if he'd fly to ireland with me. right now our flights cost about as much as one would cost regularily, so i just booked them! now i really can't wait for 2011! it just really looks like it's going to be such a good year!
great, jo! i´m happy for you both... if only a flight for me would be affordable...

Last edited by verenita; 11-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #734
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Giske made me smile ;-) My sister visiting me made me smile and watching the kids at work growing up and learn to talk and so many other things made me smile ;-)
Old 11-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #735
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
That's fantastic Jo! Wonderful news!
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #736
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
wine-tasting in about an hour for me i´m not a wine drinker, so i´m a bit nervious but definitely excited!

and (this was yesterday though)... i finished my first week at school in mendoza. it was brilliant. the student (an old american man) said to me (in english, cause he´s a very beginner) that i am an excellent teacher, and that i have an excellent sense of humour, he thanked me because we laughed a lot and that definitely helped him
that was really kind for him to say cause i love laughing it´s one of my favourite "hobbies" (lol). i´m so glad that he was son receptive and he enjoyed the classes. i love this job
I have been to a wine tasting and visiting a chateaux in bordeaux one month ago. I enjoyed it very much...If you like wine you will enjoy it too! I often buy a argentinian wine here called Argento that goes very well with lamb ;-) Veeeeeery good wine!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #737
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
Yes yes yes kitten pics, please!
she's not a kitten, she's 16 but here is the kitty pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-11-15 01.34.38.jpg (93.5 KB, 40 views)
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #738
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ + ^^
i enjoyed the day, even though i didn´t drink to much wine. lovely day, because of the wine-tasting, the company, the weather and the surprising flavours to me. and now... we are about to got to an irish pub (it´s almost midnight in here).
cali... i am so glad you´re "back". i really am
Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #739
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
^ + ^^
i enjoyed the day, even though i didn´t drink to much wine. lovely day, because of the wine-tasting, the company, the weather and the surprising flavours to me. and now... we are about to got to an irish pub (it´s almost midnight in here).
cali... i am so glad you´re "back". i really am
Enjoy the pub! My husband took me to one near Atlanta that wasn't cheesy, and seemed like the closest thing to an authentic one that I've ever been to. (Then again I've never been overseas.) I thought it was interesting that the food was similar to dishes my family has been making for years, but my family came over from Ireland so I guess that is why it's similar.
rachlanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #740
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ this one is really nice... much nicer than the irish pubs in buenos aires. i enjoyed, but i was very tired, so i just drank a beer and i went home...

as for today... i spent an overwhelming (in the most peaceful way) time at a monastery. it´s near to the mountains and surrounded by nature. felt very blessed.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #741
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
^ this one is really nice... much nicer than the irish pubs in buenos aires. i enjoyed, but i was very tired, so i just drank a beer and i went home...

as for today... i spent an overwhelming (in the most peaceful way) time at a monastery. it´s near to the mountains and surrounded by nature. felt very blessed.
I bet it's beautiful. I would love to travel there one day as well. I have too much credit card debt and student loans looming over me to ever see myself travelling outside of the States. I should probably post that in the what got you down thread.
rachlanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #742
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
she's not a kitten, she's 16 but here is the kitty pic
what a beauty!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #743
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

my husband and i are going to ireland in february can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #744
cille
creepycute

^Have you gotten used to being a wifey and calling him your husband and such? I still find it a wee bit funny to be a 'kone', the Danish word for wife.

I hope you'll have a great trip - say hi to Whelans from me
Old 11-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #745
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

well, i got used to it a bit. thankfully i got used to my new last name by now... but it's still weird for me to introduce him as my husband... but i'm kind of proud at the same time? well, altogether it's still confusing - that i'm in the happy place to call such a great person my husband and that he wanted me as his wife... i guess that'll take it's time

i don't know if we'll go to wheel(an)s as we'll be spending most of our time in and around cork! i want to show him where i lived and worked and all those other great things around there! we're going to meet some friends and, if it's still on, we're going to the trad night i used to attend almost all of the time! i just can't wait
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #746
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ it all sounds exciting! i´m excited for you now how long will you be there?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #747
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

basically for about 9 days alltogether... around 7 of them in cork
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #748
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ cool!

as for me: holyday today... which means, day off work i think i´m going to take a walk around san martin park. it´s a nice day here.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #749
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

^ sounds lovely

i just got the call that i really got accepted to that project i was talking about earlier! it just really seems like 2011 is going to be a really good year
Old 11-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #750
verenita
... trusty and true ...

congratulations! you know, i was thinking of you, cuase my housemate is going to sing in a choir (she studies at the music school) in about a half a hour and that reminds me of you.

Last edited by verenita; 11-23-2010 at 03:13 PM.