Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
poormonkey
Eskimo Baby

Default Who is opening for the VIC shows?

Does anyone know who is opening for the Chicago - Vic Theatre shows? Do you think Damo will come on an hour after the start time listed on the ticket?
poormonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

The start times were discussed in threads for other shows.. have a quick look.

And the same opener is for all the shows. Called The Swell Season. You'll see people raving about them in the reviews for other show too.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
poormonkey
Eskimo Baby

Thanks..

I did read about them and the start time in the other threads, but I was double checking.... I hope they don't play long, because since this is an all ages show, Damien will have a fixed cut off time. I rather see Damien then The Swell Season
Old 12-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

have any idea when the cut off time is? i read 10pm but that seems a bit early. have you ever been to the vic? if so, how are the prices on such things as, oh i don't know, beer??
katiejoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Will they serve beer at an all-ages gig?

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
poormonkey
Eskimo Baby

They will check id's and give you a bracelet if you are 21. Prices, well typical chicago prices, pretty expensive. My advice, go into the show feeling good from drinking else where, and just enjoy the show and buy just one or two to maintain.
Yes, according to the VIC's website it is 10 p.m. for an all ages show...

NOTE: I just called the VIC theatre (773 472 0449). They told me it is an all ages show and there is a 10 p.m. cut off time. I truly hope everyone enjoys the opener as much as you want to hear them. I personally would rather have the extra Damien time.... If they start by 8:30, that will only be 1.5 hours of damo....ughhhhh

BUILDING POLICIES

Venue Curfews
- All Ages Shows - Sunday through Thursday: 10:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday: 11:00 p.m.
- 18 & Over Shows and 21 & Over Shows - Sunday through Friday: 1:00 a.m. Saturday: 2:00 a.m.
- We reserve the right to require an earlier ending time. All event times will be worked out in advance of executing a rental agreement.

Venue Capacities
Maximum capacity: 1300
Maximum seated show capacity: 1000

Guest Access to the Venue
Valid ID is required for all 18 & over and/or 21 & over events. We reserve the right to deny admission to The Vic Theatre to anyone without a valid ID.

Once your guests exit the building, they may be denied re-entry without a full ticket. The Vic reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy.

For events open to the public, only designated Vic Theatre staff may determine when venue is ready to open doors to the public.

Parking
Parking of vehicles in front of the main entrance doors of the venue is prohibited at any time the venue is open to the public.

Last edited by poormonkey; 12-18-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

thanks! it is definatly my plan to have a few before we go but i have a class to teach and my husband has work so i don't know how much time we'll have beforehand. i imagine it will be expensive - can;t be any more than the 7 dollars i just paid at soilder field a few weeks ago.
thanks again for the info - hope you have a great time tonight (and that damien gets to play later than 10pm)
katiejoey is offline   Reply With Quote