Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-20-2004, 02:19 AM   #31
Alistair
Eskimo Regular

that's what i was hoping, i already have those videos somewhere i thinks, well that's one down [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Alistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:52 AM   #32
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Regarding "Insane":

It's one of my 3 absolutefavorite Damo non albumsongs ("Sand" and "The Professor" are the others). In the KCRW performance of it Damo said it was one of the first songs he ever wrote. I think that means it actually predates Juniper. I truly hope it (and Sand, Tongue, Face, Fool) makes the next album because although they aren't all electric songs they all fit into the angrier/bitter explosive vein of the other planned songs.

I read that this 7 inch is it's own single not an extension of "O" so it makes sense to me that "Moody" should be the b-side since it's been mixed/released already. To clarify I guess the thing I dislike mostabout it is that it's just essentiallythe same lyric sung over and over...Edited by: Spamlet
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #33
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

I read somewhere that O was originally planned to become a double album with CD1 being the softer and CD2 the harder, but they changed their mind because a double album would be too much for a debut record, and therefore they are releasing it as two different albums.

As for "sand" being on the next album, I really don't think so. It is a great song, but Damien has said that this particular song fits into his vision about the third album and therefore will be on that.

As for the "lonelily" / "moody mooday" 7" also being released on CD I can add this: "This limited edition 7” rounds off Damien Rice’s phenomenal year to perfect effect. Although not previously available on his album ‘O’, the two tracks featured here will appear on a repackaged version later in the year."
This quote was taken from the hmv site: http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/display...ails.do?ctx=28 0;-1;-1;-1&sku=176873(you'll have to press the review button). This type of information is not always correct, but if one sees it in conjunction with the places these two tracks have been released onCDbefore ("lonelily" is a B-side on the Irish "cannonball" CD single (drm003cd) and on the UK / European "woman like a man" CD ep (DR01CD). "moody mooday" is a B-side on the Irish CD single of "the blower's daughter" (drm001cd) and the first CD of the UK / European serie of "cannonball" singles (DR03CD1) - the one with the brown cover) it is possible that these two tracks will be added as additional hidden tracks or something fora new US only version of O, since these two songs have not been released on Vector yet (while both DRM and 14th Floor have released them in their respective territories).
Old 04-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #34
Mario
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus

I read somewhere that O was originally planned to become a double album with CD1 being the softer and CD2 the harder, but they changed their mind because a double album would be too much for a debut record, and therefore they are releasing it as two different albums.</font>
Yes. Thats what I was attempting to explain earlier, but you put it much more concisely. However, at some point they decided to record the second album again. No doubt, after they became successful, and realized they'd have access to a much better studio than they used for the O sessions.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:05 PM   #35
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

well what happened was, they were playing with the idea of having a double-album it was gonna be called.... "The Beauty And The Beast" but they thought that having their debut album as a double-album might be too much for people to take in, so they just went with the softer more beautiful songs.

Damien said that the second album with songs like 'Down' and 'The Professor' will be the exact opposite and may shock some people, he's described it as being "bitter and aggressive".

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #36
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Oh my! How do you know about this titleLoveless? That is just copletely new info for me! Just when I thought I had almost reached your level of Damo knowledge you just take a quantum leap! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 05:51 PM   #37
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

"Down"? I've never even heard of this song. Has anyone here heard it played?
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #38
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

It's a Juniper track isn't it?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:51 PM   #39
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Just when I thought I had almost reached your level of Damo knowledge ....
Don't even try! [img]smileys/smiley13.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #40
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Quote:
Just when I thought I had almost reached your level of Damo knowledge ....
Don't even try! [img]smileys/smiley13.gif[/img]

I know... [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #41
Mario
Eskimo Regular

I don't even know what "Down" is...

Here's the lyrics:
http://irishmusiccentral.com/juniper/lyrics.html#Down

But I have no record of Damien having ever played it after leaving Juniper.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote