Timeé
Intello

I think it's terrible ^
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #273
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

If anybody is sitting at home working like i am right now, you should listen to California dreamin'... you'll instantly feel like your at the beach.

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #274
Cerque
Resident Irishman

This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVg5UgC4T4 and this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7cx1UKmzR8 are the two main reasons i am so proud to be Irish.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #275
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

^ Two perfect examples of why I want to marry an Irishman (though, argh re: Dylan coming to the US and not coming up to Toronto!)
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #276
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

this story gave me a headache because it's one of my biggest fears
http://spedr.com/5vehy
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #277
Cerque
Resident Irishman

wait....how exactly was he decapitated?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #278
Rai
Eskimontologist

Tonight I had my first experience with sleep paralysis (when you half-wake up during REM-sleep, but you only regain control over your senses) and it was weird and absolutely fascinating. Even though I knew what was going on it was still frightening as hell, especially due to the hallucinations. It started when I "heard" a very high-pitched sound and thought that that ****er should repair his bike, and then I realised that I could not move. Then came some time (few seconds or even a minute) of trying to move, with the sound continuing and hallucinations of something walking and opening drawers behind me, throwing a sock over my head and something else dragging a bunch of straps behind the cupboard in front of my eyes. Then I regained control.

Then, of course my brain thought "wow, this is great material, we must make a sequel in a dream". So I dreamt that I looked it up on wikipedia where there was a statement "only people with a tendency of lucid dreaming notice that the cause of the sounds is a monkey", then I snapped back to the paralysed state (just in my dream) and saw a small monkey on the curtain and freaked out.

Then a whole different dream started somewhere on a field next to the sea with a parade of a tribal army, airplane flyovers, a bunch of young americans (no idea who) and a big dance of Viennese Waltz.

I love my brain. We make a great team together.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #279
Timeé
Intello

You're a bit ****ed up Rai. It's cool.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #280
cille
creepycute

^^ that sure is ****ed up. I like the conclusion: It's a monkey. It's always the monkey, isn't it.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #281
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

I have my fair share of weird dreams, but never something like that...

I once dreamt I was in my granmother's house and I met this cute guy and we started talking. but it was all in english with spanish subtitles. LOL!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #282
cille
creepycute

dreams are some crazy ****. Many years ago (like, 10 years ago) i dreamt that i was engaged to italian comedian Roberto Benigni and he was sooooooo sweet, charming, lovely, even though in my woken state I had never thought of Benigni like that. And now I am engaged to my boyfriend, and from time to time different people say he looks like Benigni. What are the odds? Precognition, or am I just generally - subconsciously - attracted to Roberto Benigni type people?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #283
verenita
... trusty and true ...

talking about ramdon and odds stuff… i noticed (since a couple a days ago) a weird thing about time: it´s 10:39 (am) in argentina, and i read 02:39 (pm) on the igloo page. but, after noon (in here), i can see a three-hours difference. how come? (sorry for my ignorance).

ps: i just noticed a weirder thing... before i log in, i see 01:39 (pm)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #284
cille
creepycute

^ hmmm let me see, do you do a lot of time traveling? that could be the answer...
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #285
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^^ the igloo moves to the left after noon to catch more sunlight :P let's hope we don't melt
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #286
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^+ ^^ LOL!
i just felt curious...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #287
cille
creepycute

^it sounds weird for sure! I have never noticed if my igloo time changed; right now it appears to be pretty accurate at gmt+1 as it should be. Have you set the correct time zone in your settings?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #288
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i have no idea, lol. anyway, it´s a silly and randomly thing
i guess i was a bit bored, so i saw that (or mybe i just get myself high just with my own thoughts... i really believe that sometimes, lol).
Old 05-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #289
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

That's a freaky dream, Rai. I used to have sleep paralysis occasionally, they were always terrifying, like I was trying to run from somebody but couldn't move, etc. Haven't had that happen in awhile, more than two years probably. I got to where I would realise what was going on and would concentrate really hard on moving an arm or a leg, then I would move an it would wake me up.

My randomness for the day: If you ask my 2-year-old son, Ethan, what his favorite color is, he says, "pink". However, he also calls red "pink", so he may mean that red is his favorite color but got the name confused. Though today at the store I let both boys pick out whichever box of fruit snacks they wanted, and Luke picked Tonka trucks and Ethan picked . . . Barbie fruit snacks, in a pink box. He loves little girls, so who knows, maybe he's going to grow up to be bi or maybe just metrosexual.

Last edited by bearbait; 05-20-2009 at 12:59 AM.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #290
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

i used to have those dreams all the time and they were indeed terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
My randomness for the day: If you ask my 2-year-old son, Ethan, what his favorite color is, he says, "pink". However, he also calls red "pink", so he may mean that red is his favorite color but got the name confused. Though today at the store I let both boys pick out whichever box of fruit snacks they wanted, and Luke picked Tonka trucks and Ethan picked . . . Barbie fruit snacks, in a pink box. He loves little girls, so who knows, maybe he's going to grow up to be bi or maybe just metrosexual.
that reminded me of this ad:
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #291
Devushka
Folkie Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Tonight I had my first experience with sleep paralysis
Rai, I used to have them really often in my teen years and early twenties... It was really frightening... but I never had alluciantions of some-one or something in the room... they stopped thou when I had my first OBE after one of this experiences...
Devushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #292
Rai
Eskimontologist

Argh!!! I cannot beat the grand slam at Stick Tennis! When one of the bigwigs comes along, I always lose in the end, it is not fair. It's like being Rocky's final opponent, first I beat him up and then he comes back and beats me.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #293
Rai
Eskimontologist

I already realised the obvious connection between the Bellies song Amelia and Amelia Earhart but I just found out that her co-pilot during her last flight was also a Noonan. Nice.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #294
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Argh!!! I cannot beat the grand slam at Stick Tennis! When one of the bigwigs comes along, I always lose in the end, it is not fair. It's like being Rocky's final opponent, first I beat him up and then he comes back and beats me.
great game.. cant win in the final either.. got all the way with fed and nadal was just too clever for me in the final

fingers hurt now too

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #295
Rai
Eskimontologist

^I've beaten it since. It takes a lot of practice, but it's still more enjoyable then Stick Cricket whose difficulty level is just ridiculous. I can't even beat Scotland in that one.

On the site baseball is fun too, football is uncontrollable and rally's opponents are bugged so it takes talent not to win.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #296
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Man, the Beatles really had some effed up songs. I was listening to "Uncle Albert" on the way to work this morning. Well, I guess that was just McCartney, but there are some really weird Beatles ones too. Like "I am a Walrus". Koo-koo-kachoo!
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #297
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
Man, the Beatles really had some effed up songs. I was listening to "Uncle Albert" on the way to work this morning. Well, I guess that was just McCartney, but there are some really weird Beatles ones too. Like "I am a Walrus". Koo-koo-kachoo!
I think I read somewhere that I am a walrus is supposed to be a Bob Dylan parody or summin, stream-of-consciousness kind of nonsense...
I love Mean mr Mustard when we're talking about odd Beatles tunes.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #298
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
I'm committing murderous noise tapping the keyboard in the college library. I love it.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #299
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i was checking damien´s message board, just for curiosity and i found this on music formum. lol!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #300
Cerque
Resident Irishman

The sim erection thing?

Tags
random