Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-10-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
meltsmedown33
that ribbon of green..

The tabs on this site is good and all but My dad and i cannot fgure it out- neither "I remember" - I cant figure it out either but prague was easy for me to understand but this isnt if someone can make some easier tabs for both songs please help me in doing so I will thank you so much!

just Volcano and Damiens part on I Remember
Old 01-11-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
the professor
Eskimo Regular

i can't really write out a tab, so i'll just give u an explaination...ok, here goes:

for volcano, wot i do is use a parttern of hitting the low e & a strings then hitting the 5th frethammer on 7th fret on the g string, then a quick up stroke, mute. then repeat that for the 5th fret part, slide down to the 3rd fret position, upstroke, continue sliding. then one your at the 1st fret position hammer open to 2nd fret on the g string slowly, then upstroke, mute. then slide back up. then for the 'dunt build ur world around...' parts , go into the full strumming with the palm muting, with a certian strumming pattern tho, i can't explain it, watch the vh1 video for a guide to that...anyway, for the chorus. do the low e & a string thing, hammer 5h7 then slide quickly down to the 1st fret position, hammer 0h2 then upstroke, mute, slide. then for the 'wot i give to u...' u can figure out the strumming pattern from anylive video, since its pretty much the same.

now, for damiens half of 'i remember' don't take the tab too literally, arpegiate each string for the Am and F in the pattern in the song...then strum the other f chord (on the g,b and e strings) then slide the same fingering up to the 3rd fret. thenstrumthe highest 4 strings, hammer on an Am chord, upstroke. tehn repeat the hammer on the Am chord thing 3 times and strum an E or Em chord, then let it ring

thats the way i play both songs...i figured out volcano pretty well from the official video and the vh1 video...so if u still need some extra help, look at those

hope that helps ya out