Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

Default Indianapolis Show

Anyone going ?? schedule a meet up or a dinner before hand ?? let me know !!!

Visit me and my band at www.myspace.com/zcraftmusic
ZachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Timeé
Intello

go around camerons house and smoke a spliff i say.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

yeah i might if i did that stuff but i dont so ill settle for beer and dinner before the show

Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

i should be there. more then likely will have a friend or two with me, but if you are there we ought to just find eachother and introuduce ourselves. that'd be cool cause aren't you going to bonnaroo? it'd be nice to know a familiar face to meet at bonnaroo!

EDIT: i haven't looked to see what actually day of the week the show is on, so depending on what day it is i may be able to meet up for a bit to eat or something if you'd like. i'm only 17 so i can't drink with ya, so don't let me stop you from hitting a bar if thats what you want to do, but if you would like to do something, i'm down.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

ill be there... we'll see about a meetup! im very excited; the murat should be an excellent venue to see him
Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i hope they have the round tables out again like they did last time he came here it was awesome ... candles in the middle of the tables and everyone was just so into it

Old 02-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachC
i hope they have the round tables out again like they did last time he came here it was awesome ... candles in the middle of the tables and everyone was just so into it
im pretty sure he's actually in the murat theater this time as opposed to the egyptian room. the murat is a gorgeous theater that holds many more people than the egyptian room, and i think the atmosphere it produces it very conducive to damien's music
Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #8
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

oh well that will work too the theatre is nice

Old 02-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i would like to say i got orch c row a (1st row) seats 5 and 6

Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

im in the pit, row one, seats 19-20
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #11
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

how did you manage that i was right on top of it ... clicked through it like crazy and got row a

Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachC
how did you manage that i was right on top of it ... clicked through it like crazy and got row a

luck, i guess! as soon as the clock stuck ten, i was clickin away on ticketmaster. plus, i made a point to choose the more expensive tickets from the pull-down menu; maybe that had an impact. id sure be happy with the seats you have, too!

Last edited by rileyf; 02-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.
rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

oh yeah i should have done that but oh well I AM happy with the seats i got ill have to make a point to come up there and see ya it would be my first eskimo friend meeting

Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 PM
viv
This message has been deleted by viv.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #14
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i really dont know but if i were you i would just go ahead and get them it is likely it might sell out but i dont know when ... or just wait saturday is only a couple days away so .. whatever you want to do ... make sure you say what tickets you got though !!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:50 AM   #15
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

i bought tickets. screwed myself over. when i purchased mine a couple days ago it came up with row R and then i searched again and got row U. i'm retarded : (

i've got 3 tickets for orch C row U. i'm going to be trying to purchase 3 more tickets right when they go on sale on the 3rd and if i get better seats i'm going to get those ones instead. if i can't get better.. i'll take row U. not being 18 and not having my own credit card to buy sh*t online stinks cause i had to wait for my mom to get home to buy my tickets : (

i think you can exchange tickets actually? i don't know if that is true but i read somewhere on that tickets are exchangable, so IF that is true.. i'd reccomond buying tickets now and then trying to buy some on the 3rd and if you can get better tickets on the 3rd just exchange them.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:51 AM   #16
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

oh and now on ticket master it says "presale" and then there is a section that says "WTTS presale" wtf is the "WTTS" one? anyone wanna pm me the password for that one?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

Default nap

i'm a be there, orch c for f seats 13-15? i think. and i'm getting together my recording equipment so i can tape the show, anybody have a zoomH4, i want something portable, didn't know if anyone here has used one. very excited, will definitely beat last time at verizon
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #18
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

yeah verizon sucked.. only plus side of the verizon show was that it was in my own town and about 4 mins away from my ex's house!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:58 PM
viv
Old 03-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #19
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

damien didn't suck, the venue sucked, the crowd was lazy, not really into it, me and the wife were up and dancing and people behind us were mumbling for us to sit down, i just think he would have played more songs if there were some more fans out there, plus the seats were only 1/3 full when he came on stage, but the crowd was sure on it's feet, no "sit down" mumbling for fionna apple
Old 03-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #20
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

fiona apple SUCKED at that show .. she was not singing in the right key ... i bet if you were at the verizon show you saw me ... i was sneaking down to the front row screamin I LOVE YOU VIV ... plus he didnt play very long so it was alright i only went for damien anyway ... just wait viv this concert at the murat will blow your mind !!

Old 03-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #21
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

i ment quit literlay what i said. verizon sucked as in the facilty sucked balls. i've been there for plenty of shows and it was just a HORRIBLE match for damien! if i'm at verizon i wanna see bands that get rediculous turn outs like dmb, phish, and so on.

personally, this drunk girl in front of me and a couple seats down was dancing and it was VERY annoying. she blocked the view of the couple right behind her and she was really tall so the guys wife couldn't see the stage even when they stood up, so i moved down a few seats and let the couple have my seats. i can't stand people who disrupt others, because they are drunk fools. i have nothing wrong with people enjoying themselves but when you make it so it is impossible for people to see past you and they ask you if you could move over or sit down and you tell them to go to hell.. i got a major problem with that. if it were a guy causing the problems i would have gotten myself kicked out of verizon.

so if you dance.. BE CURTIOUS OF OTHERS

zach i think i may have seen you running around!!j were you running down the isle that was 2nd cloest to the right if you are looking at the stage? meaning that the only other row would have been on the far right so that seats would only be to your left?

at phish i was letting people hoop into my box seat so the could sneak up to the stage y climbing over seats lol
Old 03-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #22
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

not to mention i spent i think less money on 3 tickets to this show then i did for 2 tickets to the verizon show.... thank god damo is the headliner.. i probably would actually not again go if he wasn't headlining and playing at verizon because verizon just wasn't really worth the money in my opinion

Last edited by carvinC980t_kid; 03-03-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
viv
Old 03-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

just sit .. everyone is so still and quite and everyone just sits and pays attention to the music and the moment ...its quite awesome ... in fact last tour somewhere he told the crowd to shut up ...

Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #24
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

any idea who is opening for him ??

Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
viv
Old 03-07-2007, 02:33 AM   #25
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

anybody ever tape at the murat? I know i've seen shows from there (david gray for example) am just curious cuz i've been wanded a couple times there and am getting equipment for this gig, 1st time taping! so don't know too much about stealthy recording beyond sneaking stuff in the wife's purse.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #26
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

im not sure of that because damiens last gig there wasnt recorded ... so im not sure .... might want to do a little research before trying anything !!!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #27
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i thought id get this thread back up because the show is coming up anyone up for a meet for drinks before the show ??

Old 05-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #28
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

i might be able to, i don't know the time schedule for the day yet though, i'm taking the wife and my mother, were going to pf chang's in the mall then heading over to the murat.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:36 PM   #29
Lance
Let Me Out

i'm a n00b to this board. but i'll be there. can't wait.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #30
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

the Murat just called me back today and gave me the thumbs up on taping, so there will be an indianapolis recording!! now if i can find my *$*$ microphone, i think my daughter stashed it in her toy box or inside one of my guitars, i hear something a rattling inside: can't wait.