Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Vyvienne Long > Vyvienne Long

Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default Album plans??

Does anyone know if Vyv is on the process of recording an album??? or an EP or a single??? Does she have a record deal????

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear Random Man on record!!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
vyvrox
Vyvacious

Vyvienne is busy touring with Damien at the moment, so no time for recording an album. In the break before the band went to the US, Vyvienne did a mini tour of Ireland with her band 'The Vyvienne Long Sextet'. I guess she must have some type of recording contract in order to release an EP. As for an album, lets hope so!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I think i remember reading in an interview posted in this forum about her taking some time to record an album after the Damien tour ended... but i cannot find it ... so i hope i didn't just make it up!

If anyone remember or is able to find it it would be much appreciated ... i'll keep looking!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-18-2007 at 10:23 PM.
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
vyvrox
Vyvacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
I think i remeber reading in an interview posted in this forum about her taking some time to record an album after the Damien tour ended... but i cannot find it ... so i hope i didn't just make it up!

If anyone remember or is able to find it it would be much appreciated ... i'll keep looking!
August 2007, Irish Times

"It should be called the Vyvienne Long Orchestra, really," says Long during a brief break between touring with Rice and starting her own series of performances. "I've got some amazing musicians playing with me. I did a small tour last September, so the whole idea of touring my own material still feels fresh - it still feels like I'm starting out. It's quite a big contrast between playing my own shows and playing with Damien. It's very different fronting a band rather than playing along, where the focus isn't on you. There's a huge difference in concentration. It's much more intense, because singing and playing at the same time is in itself much more demanding."

"My own 'original repertoire' has expanded a lot in the last year, so my shows will be mostly original material, maybe only one cover," she says. "Lots of the songs are developments of music I wrote a long time ago, and I had to make a conscious effort to finish them off and write lyrics. After finishing a US tour with Damien in October, I'm going into the studio to finally record them."

"I'm kind of the first public face of the cello in Ireland, but I'm happily surprised by how interested people are in the instrument, and how accepting they are - rather than considering it just a classical instrument, they're quite happy to see three cellos on stage."
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Wow that's great
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Thanks vivrox!!..... You rock!!!

I knew i'd seen it somewhere!!

Can't wait!

Ps... we need a cello playing smilie!! ...Lindsay get to work! !!!!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote