Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
Alexbeds
Eskimo Baby

Default If anyone would like a San Fransisco 04 show...

I've been looking for quite some time but have never seen anyone looking or knowing about a show he did in San Fransisco in September 04. I don't know the exact date but i know he played a gig in Barcelona the night before.. or at least spent time there the night before due to a conversation in the in-song banter.

Its seems a pretty standard show but has an excellent version of Tongue (The only version ive listened to and liked). One of the extreme jams after Amie (About nine minutes long), Lisa singing Willy, a nice version of Wooden Horse as well as a couple of songs at the end with the Frames called Red Chord and The frames starting Blowers daughter and Damien seeming reluctant to start singing. He also jams with the loopstation DL4 after Volcano. And plays Eskimo with a nice subtelty thru his second mic with a load of delays which is beautiful and a tone higher than normal (He also makes quite a blatant mistake during the the pre-chorus and Takes a fair few seconds to recover).
And in Cheers Darlin he sings it jazzy and has the glass clinking etc which id never heard in a live show before.

The only bad thing about this recording is that it cuts out for 6 seconds during I Remember.

If anyone will help me set it up ill happily trade it for another live show with an unreleased song. I'm not greedy. I Just want the same as everyone else. Some newer songs.

Also i found an mp3 of a song called F*ck you that Damien is definetly singing on and its the last song of the night. I was wondering why nobody had mentioned it before or maybe new what its really called.

Thanks for your help in advance. Alex xX

Last edited by Alexbeds; 08-10-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Alexbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

Have you checked damienricetrading.org?
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
crackpotcuckoo
Eskimo Regular

That F*ck You song is called "Rootless Tree"!
crackpotcuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

i thought he said he wasn't gonna play in spain at all
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
kiddrinkingfire
Eskimo Friend

I have a show similar to that, 27th March 2004, Warfield, San Franciso.
The 'jam' after Amie is a song called 'Sex Change'.

The version of Eskimo is the best I've heard, Lisa does sing 'Willy' and he also plays 'Eve, The Apple Of My Eye/Cold Water/Hallelujah'.

In the encore, the singer from The Frames joins them for 'The Blower's Daughter/Creep/The Blower's Daughter'.

Is this the show you're after?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
eoin hally
Eskimo Baby

i'd love to do a trade with you,i've got the show that herbie hancock joins damien and the band on stage and it has a couple of unreleased ones on it aswell but i can only trade through mail if thats alright with you
eoin hally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #7
Alexbeds
Eskimo Baby

Yeh, i like the idea of the Herbie Hancock one. Its beautiful.

Thanks btw all of you for the very 'matter of fact' comments about what all the extra parts to the songs are. I'd always wondered. The ColdWater intro.. How do you all know its called apple of my eye lol. Did he say it. and thanks for telling me about Rootless tree. If anyone doesnt have it and wants it email me alexbeds@hotmail.com

About the trade... I can trade through mail if you want. Add me on MSN or email me and we'll sort it. But please tell me where abouts in the world you are.

Also if anyone can tell me some basic stuff about bit torrents id love you forever.

Thanks everyone

oh yeh and it must be the show from march and not Spetember. The person who gave me it wrote it down wrong. Lol. Thanks very much
Alexbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #8
kiddrinkingfire
Eskimo Friend

The 'Eve, Apple Of My Eye' song is an old BellX1 song, Idon't know much about them if I'm honest, but it was on the OC once!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddrinkingfire
The 'Eve, Apple Of My Eye' song is an old BellX1 song, Idon't know much about them if I'm honest, but it was on the OC once!
juniper did the song first, when it was called 'Never', then Bell X1 turned it into 'Eve...'

never heard damien perform the 'Eve...' version though, only 'Never'