Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Default Damien's Yoke and me

I am sorry guys, i don't give a gob what you guys say, Me my yoke and I is a ****ing fantastic song. It gives me chills, this shows a glimpse of the fabric of that dimension we never saw where Damien Rice became a rock star, it is fantastic electric raw passion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2mcnSRhi0I
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

I AGREE.

One of my favorites. Wish there were more songs like yoke and face. Metal Damien is good Damien
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Samart
Nothing unusual...

I like this song too. It's not what's made Damien famous, but it's a necessary side of Damien's music. I like "face" too ! "Coconut skins", played live around 2007 with the band was "heavy" too.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
jasmineha
Wide eyed and hopeful..

I was just saying that the music is like a complete sexual act recently... sorry to be crude.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerque View Post
I am sorry guys, i don't give a gob what you guys say, Me my yoke and I is a ****ing fantastic song.

i DO love this song, and that version... foocking amazing

by the way, cerque. i was thinking of you lately, cause there´s this 100% irish guy at school and i remember what you said about the irish looking
Old 02-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerque View Post
I am sorry guys, i don't give a gob what you guys say, Me my yoke and I is a ****ing fantastic song. It gives me chills, this shows a glimpse of the fabric of that dimension we never saw where Damien Rice became a rock star, it is fantastic electric raw passion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2mcnSRhi0I
Great version...nonetheless probably around his 63rd best song......depending on how many songs he has....

and fits ever so poorly on 9....

Its not a good song....I know I wont win any popularity contests..........and it angers me that he chose that one with so many better ones he has....poor choice

Is it possible that some Damien fans like it just because it's him?..and had they heard they exact same song sung on the radio or wherever from someone else with a simmilar voice they would turn that crap off????????
I think yes

btw...I am a big Damien fan
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
cille
creepycute

Oh I always loved this song too - and no, not just because it's a Damien song, I don't automatically love everything he does. I like the sexuality of the song, the circular feel of it, the honesty of it.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I like Me, My Yoke and I but don't super love it... it should have been perfect for the planned Z album (the rockier follow-up to O)...

but in my opinion, it shouldn't have been in 9, it's out of place and doesn't gel well with the rest of songs if Insane or Sand had been there in place of Yoke, the album would have been 1267128903015 times better

that version from T in the Park is great My fav version is the one he did in Boston 07, not sure if it's on youtube, the one that goes What Do You Know About Love > Me, My Yoke & I > Never Go Down

Last edited by borneoman; 02-17-2010 at 08:28 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
cille
creepycute

^I kinda have to agree there, it shouldn't have been on 9, or 9 shoulda been Z. Something like that.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
Oh I always loved this song too - and no, not just because it's a Damien song, I don't automatically love everything he does. I like the sexuality of the song, the circular feel of it, the honesty of it.
ditto... although i think i fall for damien´s stuff more easily than you do

marti, although sand is on my top three favourite song (and it´s number one most of the time) i´m not sure if i want a studio version of it. i mean, i feel that song so pure every time he sings it that i don´t think it wouldn´t be that pure with all the arrangement thing.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Personally I really DO want a studio version of Sand, but maybe that's the problem, they tried to record it but couldn't capture it right... otherwise, I'm sure it would be part of 9
Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
otherwise, I'm sure it would be part of 9
"y dale juana con la canasta"
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^what? como??
Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
verenita
... trusty and true ...

lol! it´s an expression (sort of old one) that you can use when someone insists on something a lot... like yourself ;p
it´s joke, please don´t get me wrong. as i said, sand is my favourite song most of the time (i´m not only made one t-shirt with a line of sand... i made two : "i don´t care what´s written in your hand..." -the front-, "... cause it´s bound to change." -the back- ).
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
ulguitarguy
Eskimo Friend

Me my yoke and I is a fantastic song in my opinion! probably one of my favourites on 9!!!!
and that version you put up cerque....unbelievable! I love his heavier stuff! Particularly if you watch the t in the park version of volcano right before that version! I have the audio for that gig and those two are my fav from it! whole set was great!

www.bobokeeffe.com
ulguitarguy is offline   Reply With Quote