Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 03-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Nine
Inuit

Default Tonight/Lisa

Needless to say the gig was phenomenal - best I've ever seen, not just of Damien. I was blown away.

Anyway, my point is I was surprised that I didn't miss Lisa anywhere like as much as I had expected to. He'll be fine on his own

I just knew that some idiot would keep shouting 'where's lisa'.... Heyho, Damien's response couldn't have been better.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
MzLee
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
Needless to say the gig was phenomenal - best I've ever seen, not just of Damien. I was blown away.

Anyway, my point is I was surprised that I didn't miss Lisa anywhere like as much as I had expected to. He'll be fine on his own

I just knew that some idiot would keep shouting 'where's lisa'.... Heyho, Damien's response couldn't have been better.
well..what was his response?? LOL i'm glad you had such a wonderful night!!
MzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzLee
well..what was his response?? LOL i'm glad you had such a wonderful night!!
after the idiot shouted it about a fourth time, he chuckled to himself and simply said 'I dunno' couldn't have been better.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #4
MzLee
Eskimo Friend

love it! hehe Can just picture him doing that too. Good on him ..bloody idiots who shout out stuff like that make me cringe
Old 03-28-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzLee
love it! hehe Can just picture him doing that too. Good on him ..bloody idiots who shout out stuff like that make me cringe
I know, same here... I just knew somebody would do it - it was inevitable! I'm still buzzing from tonight, it was so amazing. Can't believe David Gray was there! Excellent taste if I may say so.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
MzLee
Eskimo Friend

Oh was he? That's very cool! I bet you'll be buzzing for weeks yet! I went to the gigs in Melbourne in February and I'm still not over it...most phenomenal experience isn't it? Like you said..I thought it was better than any concert EVER. Enjoy the buzz!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #7
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

of course he will! his solo shows sounded great too, let alone he has a band with him now. i love Lisa's voice and her singing, but not all her singing in each of those songs, i never liked her part in Eskimo, it was far weaker than the soprano on album. and a mere back up singing does not show up her voice at all. she has some very special talent, i wish her well.
SilentNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
Nine
Inuit

oh also, there were new shirts tonight - very similar to the elephant tops, same colours, but with just a '9' on them. I was going to buy one, but they only had 'em in ladies, and I wanted a bloke's!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #9
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Can't believe David Gray was there! Excellent taste if I may say so.
Ok, now I hope he'll pull an 'O' with his next album. PWEAAASEEE!!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

I think i saw you in the queue as i arrived at the venue.

Yep, that was my first time seeing him live and it was sublime to say the least! i Didn't really miss Lisa much! At least much less than i thought i would.

Oh and was it just me, or was Vyv's song great?! =P
Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

i've seen damien 3 times before and that's the best i've ever seen him, he was amazing and it's the first time i've seen him play cheers darlin' live (unless he played it at glastonbury 03 but i don't recall) and i have been waiting for that for 4 years...it was ****ing incredible i was so incredibly happy i nearly cried! i barely missed lisa apart from when he sang baby sister (and oh my god another song i am in love with and was so happy he played) and the ave maria bit but he coped well enough i'd say!!

friggin amazing
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #12
vyvrox
Vyvacious

I have to agree that the gig was awesome. The shouting of 'Where's Lisa?@ was kinda annoying - that person obviously didn't get the memo (as they say) I tried to look for fellow eskimos but to no avail - sorry I missed you all in the queue.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #13
MzLee
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
oh also, there were new shirts tonight - very similar to the elephant tops, same colours, but with just a '9' on them. I was going to buy one, but they only had 'em in ladies, and I wanted a bloke's!
I bought one of those! Wore it every day for a week I think!!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #14
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum
I think i saw you in the queue as i arrived at the venue.

Yep, that was my first time seeing him live and it was sublime to say the least! i Didn't really miss Lisa much! At least much less than i thought i would.

Oh and was it just me, or was Vyv's song great?! =P
]

ah! I didn't know you were going :P What was I wearing/hair etc, i'll tell you if it was me!

Yeah, Random Man on The Motorway was incredible! She played it again tonight at The Scala, and I managed to get a video of the whole song - soon as I get back to cornwall where my camera cable lives, I'll upload it for you guys. It will be about a week's time I'm afraid
x
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Ack.. a week nine?? I might die before then!! hehe Glad to hear you all had such a great time. I cant wait to hear Vyv's song. I am SO curious now!! You stinkers! hehe
xoxo

http://www.myspace.com/5859320
MacrossGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #16
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossGirl
Ack.. a week nine?? I might die before then!! hehe Glad to hear you all had such a great time. I cant wait to hear Vyv's song. I am SO curious now!! You stinkers! hehe
xoxo
hehe yep sorry i stupidly forgot to bring my cable... It's worth it though, so darn funny! What a character she is.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #17
eamo_rice
meh

She IS quite the character - I thought she was hilarious tonight
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #18
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Random Man used to be up on the Other Voices site, but it might be gone by now.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #19
songbirdrach
Eskimo Friend

I recorded Random Man last night and will either get it up today or tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #20
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
]

ah! I didn't know you were going :P What was I wearing/hair etc, i'll tell you if it was me!

Yeah, Random Man on The Motorway was incredible! She played it again tonight at The Scala, and I managed to get a video of the whole song - soon as I get back to cornwall where my camera cable lives, I'll upload it for you guys. It will be about a week's time I'm afraid
x
Erm... well being of the male variety, i'm not great at remembering what women wear i'm afraid! But i do remember that you were fairly near the front, with your red hair, but then again, you always have red hair so that doesn't help =S Well, i'm pretty sure it was you. What were you wearing? i'll see if i re call anything.

All i can say to anyone who hasn't heard Random Man on the Motorway is - Expect typical Vyv cuteness, it's great .
Old 03-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #21
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum
Erm... well being of the male variety, i'm not great at remembering what women wear i'm afraid! But i do remember that you were fairly near the front, with your red hair, but then again, you always have red hair so that doesn't help =S Well, i'm pretty sure it was you. What were you wearing? i'll see if i re call anything.

All i can say to anyone who hasn't heard Random Man on the Motorway is - Expect typical Vyv cuteness, it's great .
haha typical man Calum! I was wearing a long skirt, black tshirt with enormous necklace made of big glass beads that look like sweets (yay) and a kind of wooly colourful jackety thing. Was my hair short and curly? (No longer is it long and straight, that's what I'm getting at.)

hehe x
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #22
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Guilty as charged! Hmm, not helping =S Oh wait, i think someone was smoking near by, can't remember if it was you or someone next to you or whatever, ach. Well, if it wasn't you, they certainly looked similar!