Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 01-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Default Bonnaroo & other summer festivals

Sources close to the Manchester Times have recieved confirmation that The Police, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam have been confirmed to headline the 2007 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The lineup also includes:

Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Umphrey's McGee, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Black Crowes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Keller Williams Band, Hot Chip, America, TV on the Radio, Fountains of Wayne, Modest Mouse, Les Claypool, The Shins, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Toots and the Maytals, The Roots, The Decemberists, Of Montreal, Cat Power, Ozomatli, Perpetual Groove, Band of Horses, John Butler Trio, Nickel Creek, Medeski Martin and Wood, Lily Allen, Neko Case, Keiren Hedben (Four Tet) & Steve Reid, The Hold Steady, Earl Scuggs, Charlie Louvin, Man Man, Grizzly Bear, Konono #1, The Slip, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Uncle Earl, Annuals, Beirut, M. Ward, Cold War Kids, and Girl Talk. Superfly Productions plans to officially announce the lineup on January 31st.

any of you guys hitting the summer festivals this year? I've done Bonnaroo the past 3 years, might hit ACL this year instead. I'm torn. Roo is a blast....Any ACL veterans? Worth the trek?

Lollapalooza is in my backyard, so I'll definately be doing that one too.
GoodCatGoneBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 AM   #2
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

I'm going to 'roo for first time this year, pretty excited. even more excited if Damien and co. were going but I really doubt it.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
mickey13086

give me as many tips as possible as this will be my first festival!

MySpace
Old 01-23-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
buddy
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13086
give me as many tips as possible as this will be my first festival!
bring plenty of water. and sunscreen.

buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
mickey13086

will do. thanks. anything else anyone?

MySpace
Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13086
will do. thanks. anything else anyone?

I can not STRESS how important it is to BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES!!!!! In 04 our campsite was a 20 minute walk from centeroo. it rained. It turned everything to mud (in fact the whole Damien Rice set I was standing in water up to my ankles, water was flooding into the huge tent). All I had were flip flops. bad bad bad bad bad bad news. very bad. I could not walk one step without my flip flops getting stuck. It was aweful. The flip flops getting stuck caused massive blistering. I eventally had to say f**k it and take them off and walk around barefoot in the mud. Which isn't pleasant when you think about the fact that you may be stepping on anything from the crowd of 80,000....glass, vomit, food, piss, etc. By sunday I could not even walk. I learned my lesson.

leave the sandals at home. unless they have straps. Get yourself a pair of Crocs....ugly as hell, but are the perfect festival shoe. About 20,000 of your closest friends will be wearing them too. Your feet will thank me.

oooh and get yourself a spray fan. lifesaver in the 90+ degrees heat (and the Tenn. sun is HOT!)

Last edited by GoodCatGoneBad; 01-24-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

i'm pretty sure i'll be heading down to bonnaroo this summer. BUT, the line up rumors have turned me off big time. it seems like the bands playing this year are not really worth the trip, so to make up for that i will be extremely f*cked up everyday. i'm pumped for My Morning Jacket though! i saw them here over thanksgiving break and they were amazing!!!!

hopefully i'll meet someone of you guys!!! hopefully i'll remember you if i meet you... hehehe
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
mickey13086

Thank you! I will look into the crocs... and Carvin, if you are definitely going, we'll have to meet up at one point. Ill take a picture so you remember it.

MySpace
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

awesome man!! i'd love to meet up and a picture would be nice
Old 01-25-2007, 01:06 AM   #10
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
i'm pretty sure i'll be heading down to bonnaroo this summer. BUT, the line up rumors have turned me off big time. it seems like the bands playing this year are not really worth the trip, so to make up for that i will be extremely f*cked up everyday. i'm pumped for My Morning Jacket though! i saw them here over thanksgiving break and they were amazing!!!!

hopefully i'll meet someone of you guys!!! hopefully i'll remember you if i meet you... hehehe
its no secret the party favors are....uhhhh....plentiful...at Roo, just be careful. Combined with the 90+ degree heat it can be brutal on some people....be smart. Stay hydrated. Take care of your neighbor

Ryan Adams, Toots, Hotchip & Arcade Fire are worth the trip alone in my opinion...seen them all and they put on an amazing shows....especially Adams...if you are any fan of the Grateful Dead you will love Adams & the Cardinals....

bring as much water as possible. No, really. We went through over a case a day....it can get so f-ing hot...(also bring a shade tent for your camp site!!! trust me on this one)

I can honestly say my last 3 years at Roo were the best times of my life. Half the fun of going is being turned on to new artists...you may be disappointed with the lineup now, but I guarantee you will not be when you leave.

here is my pics of Damien @ Roo in 04

Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #11
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

and some of my other Roo pics from 04, 05, 06 taken by me and my best friend

some random guy. priceless!

these next aerial shots are not mine (obviously), but i thought they were cool

this one pic from Bonnaroo.com
Old 01-25-2007, 04:04 AM   #12
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

ahh, i'm def. going now!! tonight i picked my date to leave to bootcamp, so now i know i'll def. have the time to goto bonnaroo this year!!! i've got enough time to maybe try and goto a festival in europe over the summer also!

so, haha, funny question, but... how tough is it to get away with smoking pot there? i've done it at quite a few places, but never a huge festival. biggest i've done is a phish concert. is it sketchy there? i plan on picking up a lot of stuff from a friend who lives near by and we'll be partying all day on all sorts of substances!

oh, and my rich friend wants to rent me and him an RV to drive down there cause he has money to blow and wants to do something fun lol. but idk about that... a tent sounds more fun
Old 02-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #13
buddy
Eskimo Regular

the police are headlining. never really been a fan, but i guess it's pretty cool. the rest of the lineup comes out tomorrow. can't wait!

buddy is offline   Reply With Quote