Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 02-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
A2_Blue
Eskimo Friend

Default My Encounter With James Blunt...

... was definitely a let down. He performed at the Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, Michigan last night and from what I heard about the performance, he was great.
But his charm carried on-stage didn't quite make it out of the theater I guess.

I work at a local college bar just a few feet from the Theater in Down Town Ann Arbor as a bouncer. Well, last night I was a little more then that when my manager asked me to wait on a few tables to help out the waitress. The bar, which was extremely slow due to students being on spring break, soon became a madhouse within a couple of mins of the concert ending. Sure enough, one of the booths I would be serving contained James and his band with a few other members of his entourage. Most of his group was polite, the guitarist was even very chatty with me and hilarious. However James was pretty stagnant if not just plain dismissive. I wouldn't attribute this to his mood however due to the fact that when groupie girls would come up to him he was more then happy to flirt and even buy numerous drinks for them. I was a bit peeved but too busy to really give a ****. That was before about 3 hours later when most of the band including James had left. I brought the tab to the remaining band members/staff. I was surprised when they contested the numerous drinks they had bought for the girls and about half of the pints of Stella I brought out. After I explained their bill to them they asked to speak to the manager and of course, he cut their bill down dramatically (from around 150.00 to just 52.00 dollars.) And if that wasn't bad enough... my tip, which consisted of consistent service from the hours of 11pm to 2 in the morning, was only 10 dollars.

Oh well, I never liked his music much anyways.

P.S. The drummer and guitarist were real cool guys.
A2_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

He he you should have spit in his beer
Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Rai
Eskimontologist

Or offer him the house's special lobster bisque a lá Durden.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

On the topic of James Blunt, just read this piece at NME.com and made me really laugh:

James Blunt forces Oasis' Noel Gallagher to move home – Tabloid Hell
Apparently Oasis’ Noel Gallagher is selling his Ibiza holiday home – because he can’t stand to live near James Blunt, who owns a nearby pad, anymore.

According to The Sun’s Bizarre column, Gallagher has put the £5.5million villa on the market, saying that he can’t stand living there in the knowledge that Blunt is nearby making terrible music.

The newspaper quotes an anonymous source as saying: “Noel has been going to Ibiza every summer for years. But he’s fed up of hearing James Blunt bang on about Ibiza like he owns the place.

“It’s taken the charm out of it for him so he’s put his villa up for sale. It’s close to Blunt’s place, and he [Gallagher] says he can’t stand the thought of Blunt writing crap tunes up the road.”
Old 02-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

I like James Blunt as much as I like having my wisdom teeth yanked out with pliers, but Noel Gallagher is one arrogant sack of excrement. Moving away because somebody whose music you dislike lives in the vicinity...by that logic the entrie world population should relocate to another galaxy because Noel and Liam live on this planet.

Yes, I am a staunch Oasis fan.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
A2_Blue
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
Or offer him the house's special lobster bisque a lá Durden.
HAHA! Great use of Fight Club! I could have sabotaged (SP?) his blue cheese he was so upset didnt come with his wings (forgot to mention that.)
A2_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote