Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #361
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

oh, cille, i really like those shoes as well! and i'm totally of joyful's opinion - the money-thing usually works itself out. especially at a wedding!

my smile(s) for today: i had a really long day at uni today, full with sign-language - but we spent the entire time on the campus-lawn in the sun! brilliant! it's the first time it actually feels like summer here... we've had 10 degrees celsius on the 3rd of july - so... not really warm...
then i met up with my fiancé and we went to finally get my money back from that stupid wedding-dress company... i had loads of trouble with them and i just didn't want to buy the dress there any more. soooooooo... one of my friends showed a homepage to me with really nice dresses and through that i found another homepage of a place in berlin that makes dresses in a 50's style with pettycoats and all that stuff! and i just ordered my dress now! i can't wait to hold it in my hands and then wear it!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 AM   #362
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
I tried the brown ones, and they didn't look good on my feet, so they're out of the picrure now

well, i have to confess i was being selfish since i pictured those shoes on my feet

but as i said, i like what you chose. about keeping them or not, i think you will figure it out when the time comes

nice, jo. i´m happy for you
Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #363
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
the money-thing usually works itself out. especially at a wedding!
See, that's my opinion too! But the hubby is soooo sensible with the money, *sigh*...
Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #364
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

hm, we should make a plan - something to convince him... maybe take a small loan and then in the end you'll get all the money and you can pay it back at once? aren't there such private-loan-pages in denmark already? usually you'll have to pay only small fees back and stuff and it works pretty well... have you thought about that already?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #365
cille
creepycute

^I dunno, I was thinking more of just loaning a few bucks from my dad or something, I don't know...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #366
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i assume you have enough already, cille, but i think what joy said could do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
^ We got a lot of money as well as gifts for presents. That could help a lot. Or is that not customary in Denmark?
and i agree with wheels. i can´t deal with the fact of spending a bunch of money on something it comes from the spirit... but i guess it only is because i´ve never been there... or because it is just me. but i loaned money when i moved out to mexico cause that was what i needed to do what i wanted to do. maybe, just a little... but i know everything will be fine in the end, dear. and i know you know it too... blame the damn anxiety, take a deep breath... and just mnjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Well why not prioritise a little first and see if what you REALLY need to make the day special needs a little loan?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #367
verenita
... trusty and true ...

aaaarrrrrgeeeentiiiiinaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
even though i think we gave the second half away, i liked how "we" played. i liked messi (damn nigerian goal keeper!) and i liked what diego said at the press conference. let´s go team

Last edited by verenita; 06-15-2010 at 03:50 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #368
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i am soooo in love with my friend maru (the mum-to-be one)!! i don´t mean it in a romantic way, but the fact that we both love each other that much gives me the chills
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #369
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

that's so funny. my bestest friend is pregnant also and I'm going to be the godmother
I'm not in love with her though :P
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #370
verenita
... trusty and true ...

congratulations
Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #371
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

^Verenita made me smile today

Also got the official notice in the mail today from my 2nd trial saying that we won! And it looks like I might be headed to Greece for a (much-needed) vacation soon too *fingers crossed*
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #372
verenita
... trusty and true ...

oh, girl... thanks for taking a bit of your time to say this ^

also... i am happy for you and *fingers crossed* for those vacations. greece, wow, i so want to visit that country
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #373
cille
creepycute

Wine 'tasting' last night... 4 bottles for 4 people... *pheew*
Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #374
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

sounds like a lot of fun yesterday and maybe a sore head today
Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #375
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Oh Sharmin, how exciting! I've always wanted to go to Greece. I would love to visit all those Mediterranean countries one day. Sounds like Greece is in pretty bad economic shape right now though
Eva & Verenita - congrats on becoming "aunts"!!
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #376
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

thanks vere and bear
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #377
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

sharmin, congratulations on winning! i never had a doubt it could be any different and good luck that things work out with greece...

my smile for today: i'm getting a new tattoo in three hours YES
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #378
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

France losing

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #379
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ i would have bet on that. in fact, i thought of you after the game was finished

as for me... carlitos tevez i adore that man... and argentina winning that well, of course.

Last edited by verenita; 06-18-2010 at 04:33 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #380
verenita
... trusty and true ...

finally... friday!!!!
it was a very very busy week... and i am so tired.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #381
Rai
Eskimontologist

Hit a glorious six of a no ball today. Not that most of you would understand the awesomeness of this feat.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #382
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ i´m one of those, lol. but good for you, rai.

well... as you may know, i was very sad and emotionally weak this afternoon. but when i arrived to my scout group, i had the nicest welcoming. my best friend, another good friends and one of "my boys" (i used to be his scout leader), whom i haven´t seen in a while said to me: "we were waiting especially for you" i was that weak that i hugged "my boy" and i started to cry, while i was saying... "oh, you have no idea how nice this is to me right now. i feel so sad..." and bla, bla, bla... it was quite funny, cause they didn´t realize i was actually crying, but then, they made laugh so hard. they were nothing but the best company i could have in that moment. definitely, i am so blessed for having them in my life (but, sadly, it´s not enough sometimes). i spent a lovely afternoon, full of joy and laughter... i even was told i sing quite well (in fact, a young lady said: "i wish i could sing that way", cause he heard me singing), which is certainly untrue, but it was a nice thing to hear
Old 06-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #383
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

yay to scouts and lovely people to have around! i was a scout myself for many years and i really appreciate the company of those people... usually they tend to be sane in a more or less insane world...
Old 06-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #384
verenita
... trusty and true ...

yes, we are
Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #385
MANGO
Eskimo Regular

It warms my heart to hear your word~
I love the people around me
I'm glad to have friends around me who have their latchstring out for me in hard times
MANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #386
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ i´m glad
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #387
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
^ i´m one of those, lol. but good for you, rai.

well... as you may know, i was very sad and emotionally weak this afternoon. but when i arrived to my scout group, i had the nicest welcoming. my best friend, another good friends and one of "my boys" (i used to be his scout leader), whom i haven´t seen in a while said to me: "we were waiting especially for you" i was that weak that i hugged "my boy" and i started to cry, while i was saying... "oh, you have no idea how nice this is to me right now. i feel so sad..." and bla, bla, bla... it was quite funny, cause they didn´t realize i was actually crying, but then, they made laugh so hard. they were nothing but the best company i could have in that moment. definitely, i am so blessed for having them in my life (but, sadly, it´s not enough sometimes). i spent a lovely afternoon, full of joy and laughter... i even was told i sing quite well (in fact, a young lady said: "i wish i could sing that way", cause he heard me singing), which is certainly untrue, but it was a nice thing to hear
awh i'm glad to hear you could find happiness there..i used to be a girl guide and then up until last christmas a girl guide leader, and that whole world is just one of constant noise and laughter and jokes and shouting and games, but then there's also learning to be a good person that tempers it.. it's a lovely thing to be involved in
Old 06-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #388
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ thanks i´ve been a scout leader for over ten years and i just love that lifestyle. i went on camping about two month ago after almost two years and i totally loved it
Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #389
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i just got two of my sign-language results and they both are an A - i can't believe it! i mean, i already knew one since saturday as we all got an A on that seminar/class... it still was quite some work to get it. and the other one was held by a different teacher from a different town and apparently he was being quite strict, so i'm really, really happy that i got such a good result! tomorrow is my last sign-language exam as part of this curriculum, which is rather sad. i really enjoyed the two years. the upside is, that we'll be able to take a course with the same teacher next year (although we have to pay for it now). at least it's not all over now.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #390
verenita
... trusty and true ...

congrats jo! and very good luck for tomorrow

i forgot to say: i really enjoyed my class this morning with three guys from australia, watching chile-switzerland match and commenting on football... in spanish. they are very funny... and they told me they enjoyed the class as well. they also invited me to watch australia-ghana with them on wednesday, but sadly i have to work.