Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
thebcs
Eskimo Baby

Default Why 9?

Firstly sorry if this has been covered but I wanted to get your thoughts on why the album is called 9, because i ran into something today which i thought would be classic damo.

Understand that i do not intend to offend anyone, so if people are easily offended then dont look into this but I heard about a movie today from the UK called "9 Songs" which came out around 2004 if im not mistaken so it could fit the bill as a possibilty.

So those of you who wish to give feedback to this idea or whatever the origin of 9 is (other than 9 crimes or anything like that) then cool but just be prepared when looking into anything about the film as it maybe a little much for people.

Catch you later
thebcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
mark.
Eskimo Friend

I remember seeing an interview with him where he said he was just cycling around thinking and it popped into his head.

Actually, I'm nearly certain it was on Taratata - an interview in French just after he played Rootless Tree live...
mark. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Nine
Inuit

mark - i'm fairly sure that he was talking about O when he said that. He made a comment about the wheels of the bicycle going round... in a circle - O, etc...

as far 9 being called 9 - i think the reason there's been little replies to this is because there's been soooo much discussion on this already. I'll try and find you a thread where there's lots of theories.

xx