Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by audity
The Eskimo gossip machine in full throttle
I heard she's pregnant.

>_>

<_<
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 PM
viv
This message has been deleted by viv.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #152
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
I heard she's pregnant.

>_>

<_<
Yep, she and James Blunt will have their wedding in Tahiti soon because of this.

(writing this caused physical pain)

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #153
songbirdrach
Eskimo Friend

i just spat my coffee all over me in a lil giggle then!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #154
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
(writing this caused physical pain)
Why? You wanted to marry James Blunt?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #155
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Lisa's gyneocologist, please shed some light
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #156
songbirdrach
Eskimo Friend

oh
now i am feelin uneasy about that thought of Lisa and Blunty.....
Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #157
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

The shifty eye things were my way of discreetly revealing that I'm the father

As if James Blunt would stand a chance.

-- Simon Armitage
Old 03-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #158
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Baby
Why? You wanted to marry James Blunt?
Oooops, I gave my secret away...

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #159
wanderer
Eskimoness

I heard that James Blunt actually kidnapped Lisa and took her away.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #160
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

If you guys want something to speculate on... how about checking out the Munich setlist:

Delicate
Older Chests
Coconut Skins
Woman Like a Man
Elephant
Rootless Tree
Cannonball
Never Been...
The Professor
Volcano
Amie ->
Sex Change ->
Cross-Eyed Bear ->
Cheers Darlin'
I Remember
_______

(vyv)
Blower's Daughter

Anyone wanna take a crack at interpretting those choices? I'll hold my opinion until I finish listening to the show... but try deleting the songs that were obviously going to be sung (Delicate, Volcano, Blower) and think about what songs didn't get sung that almost always are... and tell me what you see, why did he make those choices?

Last edited by mario_d; 03-20-2007 at 07:42 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #161
Topspin047
tennis pro

I knew he had something to do with this! GIVE HER BACK.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #162
songbirdrach
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
If you guys want something to speculate on... how about checking out the Munich setlist:

Delicate
Older Chests
Coconut Skins
Woman Like a Man
Elephant
Rootless Tree
Cannonball
Never Been...
The Professor
Volcano
Amie ->
Sex Change ->
Cross-Eyed Bear ->
Cheers Darlin'
I Remember
_______

(vyv)
Blower's Daughter

Anyone wanna take a crack at interpretting those choices? I'll hold my opinion until I finish listening to the show... but try deleting the songs that were obviously going to be sung (Delicate, Volcano, Blower) and think about what songs didn't get sung that almost always are... and tell me what you see.

kongfused.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #163
Rusholme Ruffian
Eskimo Regular

I've heard she's run off to make ginger babies with Glen Hansard. It's what the Frames song "Fake" is all about don't you know, ahem.
Rusholme Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #164
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusholme Ruffian
I've heard she's run off to make ginger babies with Glen Hansard.
Oh my god, I'm dyin here...*rofl*

I've heard that half an hour before the gig, she has seen the ghost of Nina Simone and that appearance has paralyzed her until today.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #165
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Oh God, look what I've started...

-- Simon Armitage
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #166
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Not sure about the setlist in Munich but yesterday in Paris he sang Fool... "if you're gonna stay, don't just say it, stay and really stay"!!!!!! Plea to Lisa ??
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #167
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
There've been more clues outside the songs: At one point Damien (and Vyv) started (actually, only tried) talking about the different way food is made nowadays... Couldn't it be that Lisa went back to Ireland in order to tend her little potato garden and that's where the evil supervillain, The Squeaker (formerly known as James Blunt) captured her and took her to his secret lab in the Antarctica?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #168
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Not sure about the setlist in Munich but yesterday in Paris he sang Fool... "if you're gonna stay, don't just say it, stay and really stay"!!!!!! Plea to Lisa ??
Oh, oh, oh, and in Milan he played Sand.

'Wake up young girl, you've got a lot to learn'

'With all the years of wasting time
I've got a hold on something new'

Damo's got a new singer! What an ass, he replaced her without telling her.

There's the truth for you.

It's Celine Dion.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #169
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
My point is, I know for fact Damien takes his life out on stage. Lisa was at soundcheck, then didn't perform, so whatever happened was very very fresh at the time he took the stage.

You need to listen to this show. I'm not going to tell you what I just heard, and I'd really like to hear a recording from recent in Europe to see if these songs have been evolving or if there were some changes made that night... but listen to the show and tell me what you hear... I've heard some very specific things so far.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #170
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I've heard some very specific things so far.
Well Sherlock, share your thoughts with us.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #171
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Baby
Well Sherlock, share your thoughts with us.
As I said, I haven't finished the show so I don't want to comment yet. Additionally, I don't want to share my thoughts and contaminate everyone else's opinion before they listen to it.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #172
songbirdrach
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
My point is, I know for fact Damien takes his life out on stage. Lisa was at soundcheck, then didn't perform, so whatever happened was very very fresh at the time he took the stage.

You need to listen to this show. I'm not going to tell you what I just heard, and I'd really like to hear a recording from recent in Europe to see if these songs have been evolving or if there were some changes made that night... but listen to the show and tell me what you hear... I've heard some very specific things so far.

kongfused.
again.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #173
foryou
Eskimo Friend

What recent European show do you mean? To compare I only have the Lille gig from 2007-03-05 but this one is not easy to listen to because of the decent quality...
foryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #174
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I heard from a very reliable source that this is the true story of what happened:

After soundcheck Lisa and Damien were sitting in a Grey Room backstage and Lisa whispered in Damiens ear "Be My Husband" and he got very angry, as she new he was still in love with Amie. Though he felt he had to bite his Tongue. Then when they were getting some Coconut Skins off the buffet table he just errupted like a Volcano. "You're a Fool, lisa!" he screamed, "you're bloody Insane!" Lisa just burst into tears, seeing her love was unrequinted and in a rash moment through a glass of Cold Water over Damien. She flew out of the room like a Cannonball crying "I Remember when you used to be my Eskimo."

Damien felt awful at this, so went to her dressing room about 15 minutes later after the both had time to reflect. Immediately Lisa saw Damiens sorrow look on his Face and moved aside on the sofa to let him sit down, he offered her a Toffee Pop as a sign of gratitude. It was a very long, emmotional conversation but it went a bit like this

DR: Lisa, I wish you wouldn't keep opening up Older Chests, are relationship was good though its over and that's the way I want to keep it. I now only see you as my Baby Sister
LH: I'm sorry for being so Childish and throwing the water, but I just was getting those feelings for you again.. you know like in Prague.
DR: But Lisa if you continue this we won't be able to perform on stage, the tension between us before was so Delicate but now it will be massive, like an Elephant standing between us.. can you see what I'm saying?
LH: Well I feel I need some time a way, time to be a-loneliy. Can I have the rest of the European Tour off?
DR: Sure but please come back, for the sake of the Weatherman
LH: OK I will, Cheers Darlin'

------------

Please don't quote me on this, but as I say, a very reliable source

Last edited by Moves-My-World; 03-20-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #175
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moves-My-World
Who was it, the girl that does yoga, the professor or a lonely soldier on the road no nowhere?
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #176
eamo_rice
meh

Quote:
I heard from a very reliable source that this is the true story of what happened:

After soundcheck Lisa and Damien were sitting in a Grey Room backstage and Lisa whispered in Damiens ear "Be My Husband" and he got very angry, as she new he was still in love with Amie. Though he felt he had to bite his Tongue. Then when they were getting some Coconut Skins off the buffet table he just errupted like a Volcano. "You're a Fool, lisa!" he screamed, "you're bloody Insane!" Lisa just burst into tears, seeing her love was unrequinted and in a rash moment through a glass of Cold Water over Damien. She flew out of the room like a Cannonball crying "I Remember when you used to be my Eskimo."

Damien felt awful at this, so went to her dressing room about 15 minutes later after the both had time to reflect. Immediately Lisa saw Damiens sorrow look on his Face and moved aside on the sofa to let him sit down, he offered her a Toffee Pop as a sign of gratitude. It was a very long, emmotional conversation but it went a bit like this

DR: Lisa, I wish you wouldn't keep opening up Older Chests, are relationship was good though its over and that's the way I want to keep it. I now only see you as my Baby Sister
LH: I'm sorry for being so Childish and throwing the water, but I just was getting those feelings for you again.. you know like in Prague.
DR: But Lisa if you continue this we won't be able to perform on stage, the tension between us before was so Delicate but now it will be massive, like an Elephant standing between us.. can you see what I'm saying?
LH: Well I feel I need some time a way, time to be a-loneliy. Can I have the rest of the European Tour off?

------------

best explanation I've heard so far anyway....
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #177
audity
High-Five Eskimo

Quote:

------------

Brilliant! You have a job at my new gossip magazine if you want it!

"Don't worry, ma'am...I've got permits for these."
-The Todd

"For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight."
-William Butler Yeats (1865-1939), Irish poet, playwright
audity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #178
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Well, I've been to the gigs in Strasbourg an Cologne as well, but I don't really think that the Munich show was so much different. Obviously, Damien was singing Lisa's parts, but he didn't seem to avoid songs in which Lisa usually plays a bigger role. Except for 9 Crimes maybe. But he did Volcano, he did I Remember, he did Older Chests... The only thing that striked me was that they didn't really seem to know what to play after Coconut Skins. Probably because they were used to doing this percussion jam session and "Be my husband" after that. Before Damien decided to play "Woman Like a Man" he turned around to Vyv, who was sitting at the piano, and talked to her for a moment. And, at some point I remember Shane coming to Damien, gripping his shoulder and whispering something. Maybe he just wanted to warn him that his guitar is out of tune or whatever... But somehow I got the impression that he was trying to cheer him up a little. Little things that aren't necessarily important, but that's the only difference I could truly make out. Other than that everything was pretty normal.

Okay, I think it's time for an official statement. We're getting nuts here. And I just can't concentrate on anything else, cause I'm thinking about all kinds of possibilities and reasons for this obscure situation...

Last edited by Lin@; 03-20-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Lin@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #179
foryou
Eskimo Friend

@ Mario D

I'm not able to follow you. Do you mean the choice of songs, or its sequence or the lyrics he might have changed for some lines or did you play the CD simply backwards discovering an ominous voice?
foryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #180
Accidental Baby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by foryou
@ Mario D

or did you play the CD simply backwards discovering an ominous voice?
That would be so great