Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #631
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I'm kind of ready for this to be over... so I can rent season 1 and start watching it again

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #632
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

part of me wants to know the ending, part of me wants season 7
Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #633
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

There will be no closure. There is no way a show like this that has asked so many questions will be able to answer them all in the space of 2.5hrs, and nor will they want to. Perhaps they will explain how smokey came to be (it's ambiguous) at the moment, and perhaps they will explain what this light really is. But I am certain it will have a sopranos-esque ending that will let the viewer put the pieces and theories together themselves, but with no definite answers (like the Sopranos )).
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #634
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

t minus 2 hours and counting..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #635
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

I watched it. I think it was a nice ending, and I cried Shame they didn't explain any of the stuff to do with the island.
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #636
dawno
just mildly free

i loved it! thought it was absolutely brilliant despite the unanswered mythology. tears were flowing throughout the evening, particularly during sawyer / juliet's realizations, and again when jack was with christian. the floodgates really opened when vincent lied down with jack...

i will truly miss this show.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #637
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I wasn't superconvinced when the epi finished, but after giving it some thought... I LOVED IT I love the idea that they all eventually died sooner or later and the ALT-reality was in fact their meeting place

I'm not the crying kind, but got goosebumps in a couple scenes, like the Sawyer-Juliet scene <3 or when Charlie and Claire remember each other...

I missed a bit of more explanations, in regards to the Egyptians and Aaron and Walt!!!! and the Dharma days!!! and Widmore!!! but I can imagine most of it

why wasn't Vincent in the church???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by borneoman; 05-24-2010 at 08:08 PM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #638
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

just finished watching it. I would have preferred more answers about the island than realising season 6 was pretty much pointless if they all died at the end of S5 (that is right isn't it?) Some cheesey rubber rocks, fake rain and Jake and Kate "I love you" on the cliff edge *barf*
In saying that the Juliet & Sawyer moment was lovely and the closing of the eye for the final scene...spot on.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #639
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I liked it, a lot!

Cried like a baby the whole time, especially with Sawyer and Juliette and Locke.

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #640
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

don't know if anyone has been following the weekly updates on the Sci-fi Wire Site/ App but they have the final instalment of the 119 things Lost did (and didnt) answer
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #641
Joyful
Eskimama

I liked it too! I was not expecting all the answers, but I thought that it ended well. I still don't know if I get it though. I have heard 3 somewhat different and very possible explantations.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #642
verenita
... trusty and true ...

they will air the final episode tonight in argentina (i guess it will be in latinamerica), and i´m thinking of watching it. would you say that i will be able to understand what happened? lol... i feel so silly
Old 05-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #643
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

for what I understand, they all died at different times, like Charlie drowning, Jin & Sun in the submarine, Jack with Vincent the rest went on with their lives, and died in due time, Sawyer & Kate off island (Kate said so to Jack), Hugo and Ben in the island (love the bit outside the church when Hugo told Ben he'd been a good #2, and Ben said Hugo had been a good #1 in turn)

they all died at different times, but the ALT-reality was were they manage to meet afterwards except Vincent
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #644
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

another summery of questions not answered
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #645
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
they all died at different times, but the ALT-reality was were they manage to meet afterwards except Vincent
Marti, dogs go to doggy heaven, that's why he wasn't there!

And to answer your question Vere, no, you probably won't understand it but you might as well watch it. I have been watching for 6 years and still am kind of confused...

Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #646
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Oh and speaking of dogs... CATS!!!!!

Claire and Chahlie are THE best!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #647
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran View Post
And to answer your question Vere, no, you probably won't understand it but you might as well watch it. I have been watching for 6 years and still am kind of confused...

that´s what i thought
thanks maria. i hope you all have had what you expected
Old 05-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #648
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

the more i think about it, the more i hate it. not only were so many questions left unanswered but a lot of things don't make any sense. for instance, desmond deciding to stay (and probably die) on the island, why would the creepy lady say that she doesn't want dan to die if he was already dead on the alt universe.

i think the producers didn't have a clue about how to end the series. they said everything was planned but i don't think that's true.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #649
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i haven´t watched, of course, lol. just caught the last 30 minutes and i didn´t even pay any attention, but i´ve heard this morning on the radio so many "fans" were dissapointed with the ending... and they also have so many questions that weren´t answered.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #650
Nine
Inuit

i feel cheated.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #651
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

Well, that sure was a whole lot of unnecessary storytelling over the past six years for a very simple and obvious outcome that most of us have been seriously considering from the very first season. Even after all, the story has gone down the very road the writers assured us they wouldn’t be taking. And that would have to be the foremost objection to the ending. A couple of lovely moments aside, that was one soap opera worthy farewell.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #652
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey View Post
Well, that sure was a whole lot of unnecessary storytelling over the past six years for a very simple and obvious outcome that most of us have been seriously considering from the very first season. Even after all, the story has gone down the very road the writers assured us they wouldn’t be taking. And that would have to be the foremost objection to the ending. A couple of lovely moments aside, that was one soap opera worthy farewell.
whilst i agree that it was a complete and utter pile of horse sh*t, i think people are confused about the storyline - the producers haven't gone down the road they promised not to. They aren't all dead in the island storyline. It was only the bits we've been thinking were an 'alternate timeline' that were actually glimpses of the characters after they die, when they're in purgatory.

They're not dead on the island. We don't know what's going on with the island. Because they didn't bother to explain it. W*nkers.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #653
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

ABC sets the record straight

Quote:
You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #654
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Did anyone see this:

But this is even better:

[/quote]
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #655
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

^ I do hope there will be no spin-off of any kind. I wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

@Nine: Yeah, I know the island bit was always real, but it's a shame that in the end the writers couldn't entirely steer clear of the purgatory/limbo/collective dream angle. It makes everything that's happened on the island more or less irrelevant because the only thing that matters is that the characters were all together when this horrible and traumatic thing happened to them, and were therefore able to share the experience and bond, whatever that experience might have been. It might have just as well been a vacant desert they crashed in, no time travel, no polar bears, no nothing.

I did get mildly excited when Jack opened an empty coffin; for a second there I thought he was attending his own funeral (which in retrospect he was), or that he would see himself lying in the casket. And why is it that Christian had to be the one to explain everything to Jack? He wasn't even alive during the island time. On all counts a much 'deader' person than everyone else.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #656
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
ABC sets the record straight

Quote:
You know those Oceanic 815 plane crash images that ran after Jack's (Matthew Fox) eye closed and the "Lost" logo appeared on our TV screens? Some "Lost" fans and TV critics have wondered if they were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to lead us to conclude that no one survived Oceanic 815's crash landing — and therefore everything we've seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

That means, Losties, that we were not supposed to think that Christian Shepherd (John Terry) is a liar. What Christian told his son, when they were reunited at the church, should serve as guidance for our interpretation of the series' ending.

So let's review: Christian told Jack that he was dead and everyone else in the church was too — some had died before Jack, as we already knew, and some died long after. The sideways flashes then were a step in everyone's after-lives, a way to reconnect before moving on permanently. While there still may be unanswered questions related to that religious and spiritual conclusion to the "Lost" story, the photographs were really just a nostalgic, transitional touch added by ABC executives — and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

Love or hate it, that's the final answer.
Thank you. My husband was convinced that the scenes at the end credits were telling us that they all died right away and that none of this really happened. I hated that interpretation and did not believe it. Now I have to go and run off to show him this.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #657
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

the logic of ABC execs is kinda idiotic

and I have to admit I never expected the Alt-Reality to be limbo, I was really expecting the 2 realities to merge somehow... Funny cos people always specualted about the main island being Limbo, and then it turns out the Alt-Real is limbo instead...

and I understand people hating the lack of answers, part of me feels like this too, but part of me thinks it's ok and we don't need to know it all... this season the scientific explanations have been very meh, as in you fall into a well and you become a smoke monster, so I rather not know why the island can move in time/space than have an idiotic explanation
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #658
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^I was hoping the 2 realities to merge, I thought they were parallel universes. but JJ already did that for Fringe :P

what I felt idiotic was that huge plug in the center of the island. that was dumb.
everything else I'm ok with. I think the ending was ok. I wasn't expecting them to explain everything (when did they ever?). and I loved the Sawyer/Juliet scene and Vincent with Jack at the end.
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #659
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

one thing I'm not sure if I get right...

back in season 4/5, when Ben was communicating with Jacob, and he took Locke to Jacob's house and Locke saw Jack's father... I take it that MIB was messing around with Ben, pretending to be Jacob, so basically Ben was getting instructions from MIB instead of Jacob???
Old 06-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #660
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I LIKE that they didn't answer all the questions we have - because that way we can come up with our own explanations. There are so many mysteries in life, things that we don't know for sure, and thinking about them and debating the answers can be very interesting. All season long I've been screaming "but what about Walt??!!", but when the final credits rolled, I realised that I was actually glad that I didn't know what happened to him, if he ever got his powers under control, why he had them in the first place, etc.
I liked it. And now since I don't have all the answers, I can re-watch all the DVDs and come up with my own explanations
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote