Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 03-03-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Default Atlanta, Georgia Show

I'm curious if anyone here is planning on attending the Atlanta show in May. I'm doing my best to convince my wife to let me come!

Last edited by shyatt3; 03-03-2007 at 03:44 PM.
shyatt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:01 AM   #2
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

I will be there. This will only be my second time seeing Damien, and I'm thrilled it's at the Tabernacle. Do you know, is the floor actually general admission or is it reserved seating b/c the Ticketmaster page contradicts itself. Either way, I'm there.
drumworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Rovena
what will you say?

I'll be there, too. And if you guys know a good place to stay, please let me know. I'll be flying in from Florida and leaving the day after the gig. I'm also curious to know if the floor is GA; I've tried calling the Tabernacle, but I couldn't get in touch with anyone.

Rovena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

I plan on calling them about the seating deal, I know what you mean about them contradicting themselves. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

I'm still finding it impossible to get hold of anyone. From what I can tell so far though, it seems as though floor seating is available, it just depends on whether or not it is an option for each individual show, which still doesn't help us too much. I found a seating chart here if its of any use: http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/115031/17556. I'm going to keep trying to talk to someone.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Right now I have 4 tickets on the floor, center section towards the back. I was going to try for better tickets on the general on sale date but I don't want to be buying more floor tickets if it's general admission. Doors open at 5 and show won't start until 8! I don't think I want to stand around in the venue for 3 hours to get a good spot, especially driving from Orlando, FL. If the floor does turn out to be GA I'll try for front row balcony I guess.

Regardless, should be an amazing time. The venue itself is tiny. I was surprised myself last December when I saw Ray LaMontagne there how small it was inside. Any seat truly can't be that bad of a seat. As far as hotels, there is a Howard Johnson w/complimentary breakfast only about two or three blocks from the venue. This is where I stayed last time, it's not bad.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovena
I'll be there, too. And if you guys know a good place to stay, please let me know. I'll be flying in from Florida and leaving the day after the gig. I'm also curious to know if the floor is GA; I've tried calling the Tabernacle, but I couldn't get in touch with anyone.
I'll be flying from Florida, too! See you all there.
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
I'll be flying from Florida, too! See you all there.

Did you book your flights yet? I've been looking for a good deal.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

No, all the prices are unjustified. I could fly to France for the same price!
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

For anyone interested, I still have 2 seats in section 401 row A for sale $92.50 (face value + fees)

dkgimbel@gmail.com
Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but the show is officially listed as "sold out" on the official site. We're in for a full one.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #12
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

So what are you all thinking about the show now after the news? Any change for you at all? I must admit that I am a bit disappointed that I won't be seeing Lisa there, but that's almost entirely due to her role in certain songs. I'm still very excited, but a part of me wishes I had been to a show in the past for the simple experience. Either way, it comes down to the fact that I bought the ticket to see Damien anyhow.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 AM   #13
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Naturally, I am saddened over her departure. She was to me a key player in what exactly made Damien's music what it was, made it artistic on a whole new level. She held this dynamic that in Damien's tortured love songs that most likely cannot be replaced. While the point is made that is Damien Rice that has brought us all to his music, it was Lisa that gave it that special touch. I prefer O over 9 due to Lisa's stronger presence on the first album. I am grateful for that fact that was able to see them perform together last December in Philadelphia. As for Atlanta, of course I won't miss the show. Damien is still a top of line performer and emotes something far beyond any of us can explain in words. While, I'm heartbroken of her leaving, I still won't miss a show if he comes in town, with or without her.

Best wishes to Lisa, and she is an angel and deserves success in her own terms this time around. We all know she's fully capable and due for some.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
andylanders
Eskimo Baby

I have 2 extras for Atlanta

Sect 102 Row M

Face Value

email me at andylanders@gmail.com or post here.

I have tickets in hand and can meet in Atlanta some weekends. I work in Lovejoy, GA
andylanders is offline   Reply With Quote