Eskimo Baby

Default The Rags + polar - TBMC - august 4th

http://www.therags.com

shud be great
eyebrowy rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

Oooh Polar are cool! I'll prob be at this!
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

im there!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Ms Lady
Eskimo Baby

sounds good...where would one obtain tickets for such an event? Or is it one of those "pay-on-the-door" shindigs? i'm there either way really...
Ms Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

i would have thought Ticketmaster, but i just noticed that the pic says :"Admission 10euro" as opposed to "Tickets 10 euro" so it could be just pay on the door
Old 08-05-2005, 07:18 AM   #6
Libby
Eskimo Regular

Killian, I have to say thanks again for recommending The Rags ages ago.

They are such a brilliant band and they really deserve to make a bigger names for themselves as they are so talented.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

no problem Libby!

the gig was rather good last night, well it was excellent actually, i ws well impressed. Polar were a very worthy support act, might look into them now at the weekend,see if they have any CDs or whatnot. But onto the Rags, as good as the gig was (they are an axcellent live band, they sound the exact same as on CD) i did have a few quibbles: very short set, although this can be forgiven as they've only officialy released 7 or 8 songs between their two EPs.still, though, a few songs from the EPs were actually left out of the set. The new songs lived up to what appears on te EPs and in some cases was better, one song i liked in particular was Ropes And Razors. another slight quibble was that Danny, the front man seemed rather pretentious (sp?), he left the stage early before the last song even finished and just left the other lads out there. The crowd wasnt the best, constantly talking between songs and nobody really sang along. also, they didnt bother to play an encore. one other really minor thing that got to me, the bassist was wearing a Dublin jersey, im not dissin' the Dubs, but come on, he looked like a right scumbag.

so yeh, i would say overall it was a very enjoyable night, you cant go wrong with a gig for only 10euro really. Highlight for me was either Monsters & I or Strawberry Bed which they closed the set with.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #8
eyebrowy rep
Eskimo Baby

the crowd was a bit weird alright, but the music centre tends to have that sort of effect on a crowd sometimes. thought it was an amazing gig tho, they looked great on the big music centre stage with decent lights. the bass player is not a scumbag at all. he's probably the nicest bloke in the band. the thing about the rags is they wear only wat they are comfortable in and feel like wearin, theres no leather jackets and looking cool coz they feel theyr supposed to. i find this quite refreshing

anyway. they play again next friday 12th in whelan's with the excellent chapters (www.thechapters.com) and tadhg cooke. should be another great one
eyebrowy rep is offline   Reply With Quote