Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
wittyallusion
Eskimo Baby

Default NPR's All Songs Considered looks at decade, mentions Damien

In a semi-positive way! The hosts discuss the music that defined the decade. Damien is mentioned about 54 minutes into the show and they play Volcano. They were expecting that he would become one of the superstars of this music generation due to the fact that O is so freaking amazing and were a little disappointed because he's been sooooooooo quiet for the last 7 years.

Well, hopefully that's changing now.

Anyway. Link to the show: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=120182047
wittyallusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I was going to post that, too, but you beat me to the punch.

At least they don't say that they're also disappointed that he's been wearing that same god-awful plaid shirt for the last 7 years look at the Iceland pics. I want that shirt to retire already.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyallusion View Post
and were a little disappointed because he's been sooooooooo quiet for the last 7 years.

thanks for the link.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

he's been quiet for the last 2 years I'd say... that's it, no need to exaggerate...
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
wittyallusion
Eskimo Baby

Haha. That was their language, anyway. When O was released in 2002, they were absolutely floored. One of the hosts, Robin Hilton, I think, does mention that O was followed up by 9, which he also greatly enjoyed. I suppose they all just wanted him to be the kind of artist that put out a record every other year or so. Which ... can't be expected with any artist. Just because Damien hasn't been prolific doesn't mean he's a disappointment, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, they also don't mention the artists more closely affiliated with Damien, specifically Lisa and the Swell Season. In fact, I'm ... very surprised by the lack of mention of the Swell Season at all (though I haven't listened to the whole podcast yet).

Oh well. Expectations can be funny. I'm satisfied I was able to watch Damien's show two years ago in NYC and content with the news he's busy with several recording projects.
wittyallusion is offline   Reply With Quote