Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 04-14-2004, 09:43 PM   #31
jwelsh
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.Plescott

Hey all, i mainly lurk but i can't find spamlet's e-mail to let him know that i think the recording came out pretty good. I burned it to cd last night. But i don't really have any techy words to describe it. Once doug (spamlet) hears it i am sure he will write all about the recording. What i can say is that it sounds pretty clear to me and there is miniumal crowd sounds. I think i did a pretty good job for my first time recording, but doug will be able to tell ya all for sure.

a.r.plescott

Great news! I will second the other post . . .I am so excited to get a copy of this show and burn it far and wide.

Let us know- whenever you can - how you plan to spread it. I would suggest a Bit Torrent (either through SharingtheGroove or bt.etree.org); it seems as though most of the Damien-centered servers are either too crowded or a bit slow. Or, we could set up a tree/vine - that just takes a bit longer.

Excited to hear more!

I call architecture frozen music.

- J.W. Goethe
jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:09 AM   #32
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Live,

I'd say your odds are damned good. The Odeon is avery similar setupto Peabody's or the Grog Shop: it's your basic room with a stage at one end and a bar at the other. I doubt they'd frisk you.

I'm glad Amanda posted on the status of the recording.She told me last night that the encore sounded good but her sister stillhad the disc of the main show in her purse from when we had switched discs to get the encore (the encore disc has some frames songs too but she said they were prettyloud cause she was still new to what levels to use on the micsetc.). Shehad gotten it back by the time she came to karaoke but she hadn't heard it yet. Great news!

J,

I can safelytell you all that neither of us have a clue about the spreading partand Ididn't even know exactlywhat "bit torrent" meant until I read your post. Your help guiding us through bringing this show to everyone will most certainly be needed and fully appreciated. Thanks again.Edited by: Spamlet
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #33
framesaver
Eskimo Regular

Guys, I suggest you get in touch with Mario on this site: His email is Mariodiclerico*at*aol.com

He'll guide you through getting a copy to him - If you can do that, be it via post or other means, he'll do everything else as regards distributing it.

Thanks for taping.
framesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #34
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

once i recieve the show i can help spread it by putting it on soulseek..

and even maybe put songs up in increments in my yahoo breifcase

help those of us who are ftp impaired out..

if there are any others besides me[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 09:41 PM   #35
A.R.Plescott
Eskimo Baby

Thanks everyone, you all seem so nice

amanda
A.R.Plescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:57 AM   #36
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by livemusicinpa
JWelsh what are the odds of getting a MD into the Odean? I've never been there before and was thinkning of bringing my MD to record the next show in Cleveland
Did you ever get to record Cleveland?
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote