Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
crash011
Eskimo Baby

Default Boston Show

On the Ticketmaster website it says that tickets don't go on sale for the Boston Orpheum show until the morning that it takes place (12/11/06). Is this right?
crash011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

that's the 12th of November
Old 11-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
Angela
Eskimo Regular

It's a mistake. If you go tyo Livenation you'll see that tickets are supposed to go on sale this Saturday. Let's hope that's the only place with a typo!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
DawnAC321
Eskimo Baby

Yep, tickets went on sale this morning at 10am. Of course I'm at my computer at 9:59 and so excited when the BUY TICKETS button finally appears.
However, I'm pissed because I chose "Best Available" and the best I got was Balcony Row K... so I'm thinking 'Wow, these tickets went fast if that's all that's left!' and I'm nervous to search again so I buy them. Of course, after my order's complete I search again to see how many crappy seats are left, and of course I'm then given the option of buying Mezzanine Row B seats, which are 45 times closer. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!
DawnAC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
coreyb
eskiphotographer

yea ticketmaster is bull****... pardon my french... small ticket re-selling shops have connections with them and of course they get all the good tickets presale... i just got my tickets and got row W in the orch... not horrible cause it's a small venue, but still... logging in when the tickets go on sale should get you access to more decent seats... end of rant. not damo's fault... damn ticketmaster... i hate them with a passion... see you on dec 11!
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Angela
Eskimo Regular

I tried for 50 minutes. The best I got was orchestra right (ugh), row U. It was probably a fluke because most of the time all that showed up was balcony row Q and the like.

Also, if you choose "orchestra" instead of best seats they now have row F (but all the way over on the left) - those tickets don't even show up under "best seats"
Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
coreyb
eskiphotographer

it's funny... i got row W in the orchestra center stage but then tried again 5 minutes later and got row R... where's the logic in that? when you click on "best seats" it's not really the "best seats" available... it's whatever ticketbastard wants to give you at the moment...

ticketmaster sucks. period. i love how they're attempting to rebrand with this whole "livenation" thing... it's still ticketmaster and it still sucks. i can't wait to start seeing all the good seats pop up on craigslist and ebay for $500 because they were bought by the ticket dealers that ticketmaster have connections with. freakin absurd...

anyways... it's gonna rock...
Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Those orchestra row F tix are still there. Are they the "seats from hell", or what? Noboody is touching them!

Livenation is nothing but the good old Clear Channel - just renamed for a hipper image.

It's amazing to me that in some other cities people got row 4 tickets and here in love old Boston row 20 is the best the public ever gets their grubby little hands on. Even some of the eBay scalpers got nothing better than row 12.

Well, at least we did *get* tickets.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #9
JAKE
Eskimo Friend

Default Tickets...

I was on at 10am like everyone else....I was able to grab Orch. OO seats 13 and 14

The problem with Boston is that it's an "American Express Gold Card Events". This means that if you're a member of Ticketmaster and have a registered American Express Card with them.....You get Better seats!!!! Kind of F'ed up. These seats (most in ORCH DD-RR) will be held for a couple day for their members...after that they will be released to the public.
JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #10
JAKE
Eskimo Friend

Default Ebay....

scalpers....here they come:

Front Row $600 - http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Damien-Rice-Ti...QQcmdZViewItem

The funny part is that a couple of people on Ebay are selling MEZZ tickets as closer than the ORCH.
JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #11
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Those orchestra row F tix are still there. Are they the "seats from hell", or what? Noboody is touching them!

Livenation is nothing but the good old Clear Channel - just renamed for a hipper image.

It's amazing to me that in some other cities people got row 4 tickets and here in love old Boston row 20 is the best the public ever gets their grubby little hands on. Even some of the eBay scalpers got nothing better than row 12.

Well, at least we did *get* tickets.
I was on ticketmaster.com at 10am and I got 4 3rd row center seats, so there were definitely some available.
mdmt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE
The problem with Boston is that it's an "American Express Gold Card Events".
Damn! I put in my number, but it was refused (because I got one digit wrong), so I didn't bother as it never made a difference in the past.

Now I called AMEX and they only had three tickets left.

mdmt619, I was on at 9:55am - never saw a single ticket in the front and neither did a friend of mine. Maybe it was because I was looking for three tickets?

Last edited by Angela; 11-11-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE
The funny part is that a couple of people on Ebay are selling MEZZ tickets as closer than the ORCH.
I like the "nothing between you and Damien Rice" for the mezzanine tix.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #14
DawnAC321
Eskimo Baby

I am thinking the same thing--thatI had a problem getting tickets cause I was looking for 3...I'm so pissed that I am all the way up in the balcony, especially since the seats were the same price as the closer orchestra seats...oh well, at least we get to go!
DawnAC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #15
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnAC321
... at least we get to go!
That's what I'm thinking. By the time I get there I'll just be happy to BE there!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #16
coreyb
eskiphotographer

indeed... at least we get to go... i was trying to get 2 tickets and best i could was row S...

anyone ever try to bring an SLR camera (camera with interchangeable lenses) in there? i see on the venue's restrictions you can bring a camera but not one with a removeable lens... i've been there a bunch of times and never really cared to shoot, but i'd love to bring my camera and get some quality shots of the crew this time... anyone?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:06 AM   #17
jhog3411
Eskimo Baby

Ticketmaster often releases more tickets a few weeks before the show so keep checking.

As of right now, you can get a pair of orchestra row R tickets. I just got a ticket for myself, and from the seating chart it appears to be 5th row left center.
jhog3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #18
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhog3411
As of right now, you can get a pair of orchestra row R tickets. I just got a ticket for myself, and from the seating chart it appears to be 5th row left center.
According to the seating chart the orchestra rows go from DD-RR and then from B - Y. Row R is pretty far in the rear of the orchestra. But you'll have a good view regardless.