Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 07-14-2006, 12:53 AM   #1
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

Default my thoughts about 7/12 show

I'll first say it was awesome to see damien again (always awesome) next it was not the right venue for damien at all ... i got all the way up to the fourth row thought ... and i yelled "i love vyvienne" one too many times but hey when your that close you have to ... ( so im sure someone saw me from the igloo and thought " who is that jackass" well it was me ) next the new song was pretty good his set was way to short for me ... althought it was good to hear rootless tree ... and my fav. eskimo and as for fiona apple her first song was horrible it didnt even sound like she was singing in the right key ... so after that i started to leave but decided to give fiona one more song to impress me ... it didnt work ... i was dissapointed in her performance ... but damien always gets a five star rating from me ... fiona gets a 2 star for showing up and making money buy playing music ... nothing more if you went let me know what you thought!!

cheers

Visit me and my band at www.myspace.com/zcraftmusic
ZachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #2
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Thumbs up

thank you Zach for your review. I think all of us fans need more than a mini concert by Damien. I hope he will tour alone, with the band , the original band including Lisa this fall with a new album.. Wow thats wishful thinking

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

dude i totally saw you! were you standing up for awhile just yelling "i love vivyane!" because i heard a few people yell, but noticed someone down front yelling her name! it made me smile! i gave a nice yell for her too, but i was towards the back of the lower pavilion. i also yelled "i miss the beautiful miss lisa hannigan" and i doubt damien heard it, but it was cool casue right when i said that he and viv looked in my direction, but i don't think it was becasue of what i said... but it was pretty crazy timing lol

the show was really good and i too was glad to hear Rootless Tree!!! i showed up just in time to see him play then i left right away because well... i don't care for fiona and i've heard she is even WORSE live... so why bother lol if i don't like her cd's and she has a reputation of being crappy live... why stick around.

it was not the right place for damien at all. i never would have thought they would have come to verizon... i didn't even expect an indiana show and if they did i would have thought it would be like the Murrat or something in Indy, but it was nice that he came to verizon because, well,.. i live in noblesville!!!!! i only had to leave about 25mins before he started to be there in time and at my seat with alittle of 5mins before he came on!!

where were you seated? were you sitting in the 4th row or what? where at on the forth row, cause i'm pretty sure i saw you, but then again it could have been another crazy fan!
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

oh one more thing to add that i didn't like about the show besides the fact that it was short...

damien didn't talk at all or say anything till he introduced his band at the end. it was kind of a bummer to not get to hear his lovely irish accent or just hear him give a friendly "thanks for coming out tonight"

also, i wish he would have played some other songs like cannonball, cold water, delicate, or something instead of Me, My Yoke, and I.

EDIT: i'm retarded... that was def. more the one thing lol
Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i was fourth center only for the last four songs ... i was really supposed to be sitting 20th stage left ... but i happened to know the guy working security right against the stage ... thanks for your review ... maybe next time damien comes around we can get all of us indiana eskimo's together ...

Visit me and my band at www.myspace.com/zcraftmusic
ZachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

i think i would prefer me, my yoke, and I live to the others you mentioned carvin, but thats just me.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
tywy
Eskimo Regular

cold water is unbelievable live! It always gives me goosebumps!
tywy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

ZachC that be cool.. i just hope he gives us eskimo's a tour where he is headlining!

Mickey13086, yeah i liked Me, My Yoke, and I and i liked it live much better! however... its my least favorite damien song and it would have been nice to hear some of his more popular songs just because they are so amazing!