Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
zakurie
Eskimo Lover

Default 2nd LA Orpheum show added

On-sale at ticketmaster and excellent seats are available.
zakurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
damosmymuse
Eskimo painter

i got 3rd row!!!!! thank you thank you thank you eskimo friend.....

i am so excited!

back to back nights again...

just like in june!!!
damosmymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Dwahvel
Swan Diver

That seriously annoys me... that they didn't announce the show earlier. I could've gotten 2nd row tickets I saw this post and went back to ticketmaster and put in for 2 tickets, even though I have tickets to the first show, and it gave me row B!!! Waaaa.... LOL
I was going to buy the tickets anyway, even though I have no idea what I would do with the 2 I already have. But the stupid ticketmaster website had some problem and shut down, and I had to start over, and of course I lost those row B tickets. The best I could get afte that was row F. Not worth spending the extra $ on since I already have tickets to Friday.
I guess it really wasn't meant to be. I should be happy with what I have!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
come2whereimfrom
Lil Bit Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwahvel
That seriously annoys me... that they didn't announce the show earlier. I could've gotten 2nd row tickets I saw this post and went back to ticketmaster and put in for 2 tickets, even though I have tickets to the first show, and it gave me row B!!! Waaaa.... LOL
ya, totally did the same thing. I went back and got 3rd row seats for saturday. i wanted to buy them and just sell my friday night ones but i figured it just wasnt worth the hassle. oh well, i bet the first night will be better than the 2nd night anyways.

j/k..... but not really.
"You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm sh*t? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're sh*t. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be sh*t."
come2whereimfrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

i'm in the same boat as all of you.

i'll be in row H for night 1, can't afford night 2 as i'm going to the el rey.

screw tickmaster. Whoever is in charge of this stupid organization... well, i hope they get stuck in traffic today.
bryce5.23.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
administrator
forum administrator

thanks zakurie!

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
Dwahvel
Swan Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce5.23.88
screw tickmaster. Whoever is in charge of this stupid organization... well, i hope they get stuck in traffic today.
Seriously. I hope their car DIES in traffic today. In the fast lane.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
come2whereimfrom
Lil Bit Eskimo

I'm pretty sure that in the Bible, Moses, at the last minute, added the 11th commandment:

"Thou shall not charge people ridiculous fees to see a musician."

It's safe to say that ticketmaster have completely disregarded this commandment and are therefore going to rot in hell.

Sadly, this only comforts me only a lil bit.
"You think I don't appreciate art? You think I don't understand fashion? You think I'm not hip? You think I'm pathetic? A nerd? A lard-ass fat-so? You think I'm sh*t? Well, you're wrong, 'cause i'm champagne, and you're sh*t. Until the day you die, you, not me, will always be sh*t."
Old 11-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
Dwahvel
Swan Diver

Hmmm... not sure that comforts me very much, since I determined I was going to roast in hell from a very early age... I know, I'll save them a seat. It'll be a worse seat than mine though, I can make sure of that.

So, who's going to the first show, and who's going to the second? And who's to the El Rey? Or to both Orpheum shows?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #10
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I'm going to the El Rey & 2nd LA show... I'll go to the 1st LA shows if Ticketmaster decides to sell decent tickets soon... I have this theory that the nice seats have not been on sale yet... That's something Ticketmaster did for instance on the last Tori Amos tour to rip fans off, so first they release **** tickets, fans buy because it's the first thing that shows up, then after a while they release the best seats, so fans have to buy again... in the end most hard-die fans end up buying 2 tickets... Somone should sue them!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
come2whereimfrom
Lil Bit Eskimo

I was going to go to the El Rey and the 1st Orpheum but since ticketmaster raped me a new one when I bought the tickets, I decided that I'm going to sell the El Rey ones and just go to the Orhpheum. I would love to go to both but I'm going to Prague in the end of December and I'm going to need all the money I can get.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
bryce5.23.88
Eskimo Friend

i'll be at the el rey and the first orpheum show
bryce5.23.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:18 AM   #13
EskimoNo9
Eskimo Friend

So... who's going to the 2nd Orpheum show?

Oh.. and does anyone know how big the theater is? I got tickets in row F. I just hope they aren't that bad. Anyone know?

This'll be my first Damien concert (b/c I didn't want to go see Fiona Apple this past summer :P.. ), so I'll be pleased either way.
EskimoNo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoNo9
So... who's going to the 2nd Orpheum show?

Oh.. and does anyone know how big the theater is? I got tickets in row F. I just hope they aren't that bad. Anyone know?

This'll be my first Damien concert (b/c I didn't want to go see Fiona Apple this past summer :P.. ), so I'll be pleased either way.
those will be great seats. 6th row. the place is a beautiful theatre that holds about 1,800 people. i'll be at both
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #15
rannoush
~Lonelily~

I totally got screwed over by ticketmaster when they added the second show..
I got crappy seats..im in the balcony row H
But hey ill still be seeing Damien and that's what matters
rannoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #16
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannoush
I totally got screwed over by ticketmaster when they added the second show..
I got crappy seats..im in the balcony row H
But hey ill still be seeing Damien and that's what matters
those really aren't that bad. the balcony overhangs a good amount of the seats and gives a good view. i'm actualy passing on using 8th row side orch seats for 2nd row center mezz (balcony) for the 1st show.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #17
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

if memory serves me right (from TV) the Orpheum Theatre is where the Angel episode Waiting in the Wings from Season Three was set
Looked big enough in that.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #18
Dwahvel
Swan Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
I'm going to the El Rey & 2nd LA show... I'll go to the 1st LA shows if Ticketmaster decides to sell decent tickets soon... I have this theory that the nice seats have not been on sale yet... That's something Ticketmaster did for instance on the last Tori Amos tour to rip fans off, so first they release **** tickets, fans buy because it's the first thing that shows up, then after a while they release the best seats, so fans have to buy again... in the end most hard-die fans end up buying 2 tickets... Somone should sue them!!!
Borneoman, that is TOTALLY what Ticketmaster did on the last Tori Amos tour!! I got crap seats to see her at the Santa Barbara bowl, they were the awful, and I bought them inside of 3 minutes of them going on sale. *Days* later, really good seats came up for sale, and I bought them also. I sold them to a friend of mine though, because I couldn't sell my crap seats, no one would buy them.

Ticketmaster redefines hell.... They totally plan all of this. Why else would they have not listed the 2nd Orpheum show on their website at all?
I so wanted to go to the 2nd show with the better seats.

But at least we're going. I'm in row K btw. Are those good seats?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #19
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I really think we should sue Ticketmaster, what they do is borderline illegal... we should start collecting signatures!!! if Tori tours next spring, I'm gonna go to the meet n greet and tell her about Ticketmaster, she should sell tickets somewhere else, everyone I know ended up buying double or triple tickets on the last tour!! me included! and then on the day of the gig, there were guys selling super nice tickets that never went online... Just onw word = scam!!

For the 1st LA show, I ended up buying a ticket thru Craigslist, $60, hope I can trust the guy, I'll be there when the doors open just in case... row F... For the 2nd I got row D!!! I think all rows from A to K are OK...
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #20
EskimoNo9
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
those will be great seats. 6th row. the place is a beautiful theatre that holds about 1,800 people. i'll be at both
Cool. Thanks for letting me know! I'm excited. I can't wait. I had a chance at row B, but for some reason I got shafted into a latter row.

I'm kind of seeing what everyone is saying about Ticketmaster.. They're shady.

See everyone there!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #21
cserrini
Eskimo Baby

Great! I have been looking for this. I will plan to come from AZ, do you know of any places to stay around the theater? I'm guessing that you are from there? I am hoping you or anyone else can give me more details. I know I can mapquest, but personal input is always better. Thanks!
cserrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #22
EskimoNo9
Eskimo Friend

I wish I could tell you about the great places, but I'm not really familiar with the area. Sorry about that.