Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #31
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Sold out before I could finish processing my order!!! That's like 1 minute!

I actually called off work today just so I could get a ticket. F***! Just need one. Can anyone help a brother out?

Last edited by Spamlet; 11-01-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #32
Mattien
Eskimo Baby

In the Shopping cart and Error. I hate ticketweb
Mattien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #33
telex07
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy

this is ****en bull**** and i told u guys this would happen while u were planning meet-ups and whatnot. i had the 2 tickets but when i previewed order it malfunctioned and then there were none. I'm so pissed, i wanna cry. i was right to be pessimistic!!
telex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #34
Mattien
Eskimo Baby

I went to the Ray show at Hiro a few weeks back. Those tickets went just as fast, but Hiro sold numerous walk ups (though those buyers were let in after ticketholders).

I still hate TicketWeb
Mattien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #35
murphusa
Eskimo Friend

Default Tickets NYC

Look like I will be making the trip from Philly to NYC on the 16th.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #36
mjb79
Eskimo Eater

i just called ticketweb and they said that eventhough i still have a pair of tickets in my shopping cart... they are sold out - online error. bastards.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #37
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb79
i just called ticketweb and they said that eventhough i still have a pair of tickets in my shopping cart... they are sold out - online error. bastards.
I'm god damn heated.

I stayed at home a little bit later on my lunch break to order these tickets. Apparently they don't hold tickets until your order is completed like ticketmaster. As much as I hate ticketmaster, at least they make sure that if you try and get tickets you have a reasonable amount of time to fill out your order.

I just got off the phone with the guy from ticketweb and all he could tell me was that I am basically out of luck.

- Matt
Old 11-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #38
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
That's happened to me a few times as well... I had tix to see Coldplay at the Bowery Ballroom in '02 in my cart and as I finalised my order, the transaction failed. Thus the reason I ALWAYS log in before the onsale, and keep my info stored... it saves a few moments and for a gig such as this, might just be the difference between getting tix and ending up with none.

Sorry for those who didn't get tix today, but don't give up - there may be a drop on the day of the show....
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #39
soitisgirl
Eskimo Baby

y'all without tix, that is horrible. i hate when these things happen. somehow i got thru, even though i too got a processing error. it took me back to the preview page, i held my breath, and then i had my ticket, confirmation number and everything so it's (i hope) a sure thing. i'm notoriously nervous about ticket sales.

i'm flying in from miami and going with my cousin from ny. she managed to get one too. but i've been in your place before and while i'm happy i got a ticket, it really saddens me when real fans miss out.

for those of you going, see you there. for everyone else, again, i am so sorry and i hope somehow you manage to get a ticket--you never know there might be a way. good luck.
soitisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #40
soitisgirl
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno
That's happened to me a few times as well... I had tix to see Coldplay at the Bowery Ballroom in '02 in my cart and as I finalised my order, the transaction failed. Thus the reason I ALWAYS log in before the onsale, and keep my info stored... it saves a few moments and for a gig such as this, might just be the difference between getting tix and ending up with none.

Sorry for those who didn't get tix today, but don't give up - there may be a drop on the day of the show....
just wanted to say, for future gigs, i also made sure to log in before to try and save those somehow precious seconds. again, good luck to all.
soitisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #41
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

My girlfriend is flying in to Syracuse that day so we can drive to NYC and go to the show. I've already got hotel rooms booked. I'm pissed.

I'm submitting help tickets now on their website and if I don't receive a fair resolution of the situation I am going to be causing a ruckus.

I can not believe that their system does not reserve the tickets you are trying to buy for a certain period of time like Ticketmaster does. As much as everyone hates Ticketmaster, I think that they have won me over with that simple feature.

- Matt

Last edited by gbs3769; 11-01-2006 at 05:41 PM.
gbs3769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #42
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

Here is what I originally sent them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I received this error for an order that I was trying to place for tickets to the Damien Rice show at the Hiro in New York. I know the billing address is correct because I confirmed it with my bank. When I clicked back to enter in my new billing address, all of a sudden there were no tickets available for the show. Apparently your system doesn't work like ticketmaster in that my tickets are held for a certain period of time while I try and complete the order.
Here is what they sent back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicketWeb
Dear Matt Tobia,

Thank you for contacting TicketWeb, we are happy to assist you with your issue.
Unfortunately, tickets for Damien Rice were in high demand; thus, sold very quickly. Currently, there are no tickets under your name for Damien Rice. We ran a check for any orders under your name or e-mail address and came up with nothing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.::

Please go to <Link> to let us know whether you would like to accept this resolution.
So here is what I responded with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
You wouldn't have any sort of order information for me because apparently your system works differently than the ticketmaster system and if I don't put my information in correctly or fast enough I don't get tickets. I didn't receive a confirmation number because apparently I had the wrong billing address. From my experience with ticketmaster, they will call me if my billing information is incorrect. I've entered in my billing information incorrectly several times on their website and every time they hold the tickets for a period of 24 hours and call me to get the correct billing information. This is a service you should be offering to your customers.

Had I called your 800 number and spoke with a sales agent instead of going online, would the tickets have been held while I told the agent my information over the phone?

From what the customer service agent told me when I called immediately after the problem, it sounded like you had some system errors on your end that were caused by the high demand for this show. Perhaps something needs to be done from a systems standpoint because to have these errors occur, costing fans the opportunity to see events, is an absolute disgrace.

It was so frustrating to click the button to purchase tickets only to have your system tell me that I had an incorrect address. When I went back it then told me that there was only 1 ticket left for the show and I had selected 2 tickets to purchase. So then I went back to try and change that to 1 ticket and you no longer had any tickets available. It still doesn't make sense how you could release those tickets that I was trying to buy back to the general public when my billing address was incorrect.

At this point, I am at a loss to what I am supposed to do. Apparently the show is sold out. I'm now out of luck all because I didn't call your 800 number and instead tried to use your website. I find it ironic how I would have been better off not using the internet to try and buy tickets from a company named TicketWeb.
And now I wait. I am obviously not going to be issued tickets for the show, but I want to continue to bitch and moan to them as much as possible because their system seems like it is terrible.

- Matt
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #43
mjb79
Eskimo Eater

i emailed them as well and they gave me a pair of tickets!! just kidding... i needed to make myself laugh... i'm pissed.

I did email them and recieved the same exact response as you did.

Mike = Angry
Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #44
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I did email them and recieved the same exact response as you did.
I am sure it is a standard response that they are sending out because they don't want to deal with it all. I'm going to keep the heat on them though.

- Matt
Old 11-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #45
dawno
just mildly free

Default bastards

I'm surprised it took this long.....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/228806345.html
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #46
FlexCabana
Damn Handsome

wtf, the show sold out in 3 min! i was on the phone with ticketweb bc i had class and didnt have access to a comp. so i ran out of class and by the time they processed my credit card over the phone it was 1:03pm and there was a system error due to a high volume of people buying them on the internet and there was no tickets left.

someone actually has 2 tickets on ebay for $400 buy now.
FlexCabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:14 AM   #47
gerty
Eskimo Baby

I had thought, up until this evening, that I had gotten tickets to the show. I got to the confirmation page that showed a confirmation number, but had to log out quickly since I was at work. Unfortunately I never wrote down my confirmation number. I just checked and I have not received a confirmation email from TicketWeb, nor is my credit card charged. Anyone else have this problem? I emailed TW Customer Service, but of course it's closed and can't find anything out....
gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #48
mjb79
Eskimo Eater

Hi Gerty (Karen?)... wow, its been a while
looks like you got screwed too, huh?

~Mike
Old 11-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #49
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

I haven't heard anything back yet in response to my second email message to them. Still waiting to hear from them.

- Matt
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #50
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexCabana
wtf, the show sold out in 3 min! i was on the phone with ticketweb bc i had class and didnt have access to a comp. so i ran out of class and by the time they processed my credit card over the phone it was 1:03pm and there was a system error due to a high volume of people buying them on the internet and there was no tickets left.

someone actually has 2 tickets on ebay for $400 buy now.
Honest to god, that seems to happen with every show they play, the only thing that seems to work is to set up a ticketmaster account so you don't spend any time putting in your details, and then you can just speed through the whole process. It's annoying to have to go to such extremes to get tickets for a show, but it works... and it's pretty much all that does work. The Flaming Lips are playing a show in Dublin soon, and that sold out in less then a minute. When something like that happens, an account is pretty much the only way to actually buy tickets.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #51
telex07
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy waaaaaaaaaaaaa

what I'm upset about was the confusion at the bottom of the order request page, where it asked for an email address and password without stating what it was for. Was it to create an account, was it for existing account holders, i didnt know so i left if blank, it made me re-do the page and by that time it was sold out...anyone else have that problem.
telex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #52
jwelsh8
Eskimo Friend

I was able to score two tickets, thankfully. I had created a profile earlier in the morning along with my CC information so I didn't have to wait for any of that to go through when working on my order. Might want to try that next time you need to use Ticketmaster or Ticketweb. But by the time I went back in to try to get some tickets for friends, it was sold out. That was pretty damn quick . . .

I hope some of you are able to find the tickets that you need. (Spam, we need to meet up again sometime.) You can still try for the Beacon a month later . . .
jwelsh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #53
lgallagher
Eskimo Friend

Default lucky me

i consider myself extremely fortunate to get tickets to this show. my condolences for those that missed and i condemn ticketweb to bankrupcy!
lgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #54
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I'm kicking myself for not putting the info in beforehand but I had some cause. I've just moved here a month ago so my new CC for NYC hadn't arrived yet. I was using my dad's from back home. I actually went to that create profile page first and when I got to the part where it said you have to physically show the card itself at the box office that made me pause for a second thinking about having to get my dad to mail me his credit card (never the best idea). I thought "there'll have to be be other options for pickup when I buy the actual tickets". So I decided to do it live instead. Not realizing the following:

The biggest misunderstanding remains that at exactly 1pm when I saw the buy tickets sign finally light up, once I clicked on it I thought that meant I had made it through and was now already purchasing mine. So imagine my surprise when 1 minute after 1pm after taking my order it returned from processing saying no tickets were left.

PLEASE tell me one of you will be at least taping the show! There was a profound lack of that for the majority of the Fiona tour.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #55
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
The biggest misunderstanding remains that at exactly 1pm when I saw the buy tickets sign finally light up, once I clicked on it I thought that meant I had made it through and was now already purchasing mine. So imagine my surprise when 1 minute after 1pm after taking my order it returned from processing saying no tickets were left.
Bingo.

They still haven't replied to me yet after my second email to them.

- Primo
Old 11-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #56
gerty
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Hi Gerty (Karen?)... wow, its been a while
looks like you got screwed too, huh?

~Mike
Hey Mike!
Wow! It's been a while! Great to hear from you! Every once in a while, a song of yours will play on my CD Jukebox when I'm doing a random play... Hope things are going well for you!

Yes, apparently I got screwed too. I actually had a confirmation number up on my screen...did not write it down and now there is no record at all that I ever had 2 tickets according to Ticketweb. Not happy...but, things happen. Serves me right for not being prepared, but I was trying to be discreet since I was at work and closed out of the site in a hurry.

Anyway...nice to hear from you! I'm surprised I haven't run into you at any shows over the past few years. I think I still may owe you great seats for somthing for the great DG tickets you sold me!

Take Care,

~karen
gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #57
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

So I saw a posting on craigslist for tickets to the show. I emailed them and they sent me to their ticket scalping business which is located in Ithaca, NY. They are charging $200 a ticket for tickets to the show.

I haven't been able to find an up to date letter of the New York State ACAL (Arts and Cultural Affairs Law), but according to the 1999 version, brokers can only sell their tickets for a markup of $5 or 10% of the original purchase price. The original purchase price is $30. So I reported them to New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's Office.

I hope to God that they get either shut down or fined very heavily.

****ing assholes.

- Matt
Old 11-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #58
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Ticket sales are always a mess aren't they... Should we go back to people having to queue outside the venue on the day? At least then if you don't get a ticket it's because someone else wanted them that bit more.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #59
gbs3769
Eskimo Regular

So anyone have a pair for sale?

- Matt
Old 11-09-2006, 03:59 AM   #60
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

i remember for radiohead's US small venue tour this past summer people were selling tickets on ebay for ridiculous prices, so radiohead fans that couldnt get tickets because of scalpers made accounts and bidded i think millions of dollars for the tickets, in order to screw up the auctions and raise awareness on ebay.
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote