Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
vyvrox
Vyvacious

Default Recording Equipment

Hi,
When recording gigs I have been using a mini-disc player and a mic. However, my mini-disc player how now died and wondered what other peeps used. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Bumpman

Well if you have a soundboard you could just plug a laptop/digital 8-track into it and you're sorted. If not then use a DAT recorder, or an iPod, or a tape recorder (which would be best in terms of keepin' it old skool).
Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

edirol r-09, microtrack, or what i use, which is the cheaper version, but an awesome piece of gear is an IRIVER-120 -20 GB multi codec player with analog/digital line in/line out jacks, with the rockbox updated software it is perfect for recording in lossless format, records approx: 30 hours of pcm/wave , even has clipping protection, where if the sound becomes to hot, it will automatically kick out that sound to avoid clipping, but not raise it up again, therfore preventing the problem all together. Great recorder and mp3 player, can view jpegs, txt files, plays all formats, can be found on ebay for around 100 dollars.

Last edited by paulbaptiste; 08-08-2007 at 04:26 PM.
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
vyvrox
Vyvacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Well if you have a soundboard you could just plug a laptop/digital 8-track into it and you're sorted. If not then use a DAT recorder, or an iPod, or a tape recorder (which would be best in terms of keepin' it old skool).
Wouldn't the security guys notice me standing there with a laptop?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
slein
Le Friophile

Hey,
i have an iriver 120, but everytime i have been looking at the rockbox software sites, i got a headache.
is there a good site where someone explains how to do it?
cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbaptiste
edirol r-09, microtrack, or what i use, which is the cheaper version, but an awesome piece of gear is an IRIVER-120 -20 GB multi codec player with analog/digital line in/line out jacks, with the rockbox updated software it is perfect for recording in lossless format, records approx: 30 hours of pcm/wave , even has clipping protection, where if the sound becomes to hot, it will automatically kick out that sound to avoid clipping, but not raise it up again, therfore preventing the problem all together. Great recorder and mp3 player, can view jpegs, txt files, plays all formats, can be found on ebay for around 100 dollars.
slein is offline   Reply With Quote