Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Undocorkscrew
Eskimo Friend

Default Looking for the '9' EPK....

It might've just been a straight 'Making of' type thing, but I remember watching it a little while after the album was released. I can't remember much about it other than Damien and Lisa outside on a bench toward the end, hope I didn't just dream this all up. I can't find any trace of it, but I generally suck with search engines....

Anyone?
Undocorkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
glo32
Eskimo Regular

It disappeared from youtube a few months ago, and the old dr.com is gone too so not sure if you can find it online...
but I think one of us should have it somewhere... maybe it was in mario's hdd? not sure but I remember having a file on my computer... can't find it now though
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
QueenOfTheSouth
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undocorkscrew View Post
It might've just been a straight 'Making of' type thing, but I remember watching it a little while after the album was released. I can't remember much about it other than Damien and Lisa outside on a bench toward the end, hope I didn't just dream this all up. I can't find any trace of it, but I generally suck with search engines....

Anyone?
I can definitely vouch for this video existing..I certainly remember them sitting on the bench, after they were inside a studio. I also distinctly remember Damien wearing this ridiculous pair of jeans that were bleached white from about mid-calf down.
QueenOfTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Try this link and see if any of the downloads work on your machine. If nothing else it will give you more info to search with:

http://web.archive.org/web/200611090...amienrice.com/
Old 04-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
Undocorkscrew
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post
Try this link and see if any of the downloads work on your machine. If nothing else it will give you more info to search with:

http://web.archive.org/web/200611090...amienrice.com/
I managed to find 4 streaming links, two through WMP and 2 through RealPlayer. Both cancel though and tell me that I don't have the required codecs, despite having everyone in existence......

Appreciate the effort, hopefully I'll run across it at some point.
Undocorkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
glo32
Eskimo Regular

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeqEwa4me38
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
QueenOfTheSouth
Eskimo Friend

Eternally indebted! I was right 'bout them jeans

Also some VERY interesting lyrics at 3:28 that I don't think I've ever seen before:

"Righteous little witch
I didn't dig that hole
Down in that same ditch
Make me hot _______ make me cold
Did it make you feel clever
Do you _____ for a crown
And if you put a little _______
You might blow yourself down"

Last edited by QueenOfTheSouth; 04-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
QueenOfTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

I don't remember seeing that before. thanks for the link, glo!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

haven't seen it in ages, really nice watch... I like the scene at around 4:00 when he's with Lisa outside sitting at the table!!

wouldn't it have been great to have 'Righteous Little Witch' on 9
Old 04-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

we should request Righteous Little Witch for the forthcoming Paris show
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I actually requested RLW at the HIRO "9" release gig in NYC and Damo literally went "Oooh!" with surprise and shock that someone else even knew the song existed. They really have no idea how obsessed we are with any hint of new material. They didn't play it obviously but I couldn't complain since one of my all-time favorite DR songs was born that night as "Red-Nosed Happy"

Here's the original thread recounting the gig if anyone is interested in more details:

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/a...p/t-12018.html
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Also, Southern Queen, some lyrical clarifications:

The third to last line is "Do you quiver for a crown?"
The second to last is "And if you puff a little bigger "

The line he crosses out is "Down in the same ditch" and he begins to replace it with "You're running..." and then what appears to be a word starting with 'p' it's reasonable to assume that whatever follows this word rhymes with "witch" as did "ditch" so there are a good number of possibles from "bitch" to "twitch" which (yet another?) he could choose from.

Apart from hearing the song itself we'd need either more unedited footage, a notebook thief or a lip reader to ever get any more than that.

And yes, the irony of what's being said about keeping the lyrics obscured from meaning has been pointed out before.

Last edited by Spamlet; 04-12-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i remember how excited i was when i read the story (me, being a newie in the igloo, even in the virtual world, loving damienīs music so much and being so far away from the possibility of seeing him live back at that time... wow, what a great memories ). i just enjoy it over again. thanks for bringing all this amazing experience back, spam

about EPK... i just love how honest and messed he sounds when he tries to explain things that he believes himself that they actually canīt be explained... also, the irony of being "a more connected band"... musically connected makes sense though... thanks glo i havenīt seen it in ages! now, iīm in the mood to listen to 9 song by song in order of appearance
Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #14
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

thanks Spam, I admit I had completely forgotten about Righteous Little Witch!!! Oh and the My sincerest apologies to Mother Hannigan thread was such a classic!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
Joyful
Eskimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
i remember how excited i was when i read the story (me, being a newie in the igloo, even in the virtual world, loving damienīs music so much and being so far away from the possibility of seeing him live back at that time... wow, what a great memories ). i just enjoy it over again. thanks for bringing all this amazing experience back, spam

about EPK... i just love how honest and messed he sounds when he tries to explain things that he believes himself that they actually canīt be explained... also, the irony of being "a more connected band"... musically connected makes sense though... thanks glo i havenīt seen it in ages! now, iīm in the mood to listen to 9 song by song in order of appearance
I just listened to 9 for the first time in a long time today. Lovely. And I had forgotten about Accidental Babies. What a song! Wow. It had been years since I heard it.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I don't listen much to the album version of Accidental Babies but every now and then I HAVE TO listen to this beautiful live version from the Boston Orpheum

Old 04-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
Joyful
Eskimama

Gorgeous! I love the part that he kind of messes it up. "Well you held me, well I held you" lol
Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
DanielM
Eskimo Friend

I've never heard of any of this stuff before?!

Thank you so much for sharing.
DanielM is offline   Reply With Quote