Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 03-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
alumni
Eskimo Regular

Default Dear Hendrik..

Maybe you learn. Atrticle below "Private Eye"

According to polls, Iran is now the country Americans consider their greatest enemy. But while the west frets about our presidents virtulent attacks on Israel and our referral to the UN security council over our nuclear ambitions, there is another Iran struggeling to be heard.
We have one of the most youthful and educated populations in the middle east:70 percent are under 30, with national literacy rates well over 90 %; and last year more than 65 % of those entering university were women. It is these educated youth who are increasingly finding expression through weblogs. And what they say may surprise you.
Our post revolutionary baby boom was celebrated by Ayatollah Khomeini who reckoned that a country whose youth were ready for matrydom "could never be destroyed". Though the population has more than doubled since 1979 to almost 70million, the master plan hsnt worked. Not every young Iranian wants to die in jihad. Far from it.
As a nation we may be personified by archive footage of us screaming "death to america and israel!" during Friday Prayers(Here Jason Avo should look). But according to our ministry of culture and guidance, fewer than 1.4 % of us actually attends Friday Prayers. Spend any time in the Iranian blogosphere, and you find a similar discrepancy between appearance and reality during the recent furore over the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.
When protests were said to be "raging across the Muslim world", news items in the west linked speculation about our nuclear goals with pictures of crazy demonstrators throwing petrol bombs and stones at the Danish embassy in Tehran. True, the demonstration happened; and equally true, ordinary Iranian Muslims may well have been dismayed by images of the prophet dressed as a terrorist. But the overwhelming majority of Tehran's 12 million citizens were NOT alight with rage.
A crowd of just 400 attacked the Danish embassy in the north of the city. And among the rent-a-mob protesters was Basji member and blogger Saleh Meftah, who described (pasokhgooee.persianblog.com) the thrill and funfilled atmosphere of the attack, posting smug photos of himself in the compound.
When the story of his escapades was then written up on Roozonline, a popular Iranian internet news daily, recounting how Saleh had described preperations and naming members of the student basij, his exploits were repeatedly and vociferously condemned.
Normally on the streets of Tehran only the brave or mad would dare confront a member of the Basij. But in cyberspace over two days, hundreds of angry comments were left on Saleh's page, criticising him and his goons.
"I cannot hide my hatred of you and your actions. It's your bestial breed that give Westerners cause to insult our dear prophet and faith........"

"You've written here that, as you read the comments, 'I am proud the enemies of the revolution are attacking me' Listen you godless fool... What enemies!! They are ordinary people who are telling you how they feel.. your fellow countrymen!!!!"

"You Basij, just dont learn... But i also want to say that i commend you for not deleting the messages here and for upholding the democratic principle of free speech. This is all we want: To be allowed to speak out and not be beaten to death for it..."

A few days after the attack, there was a very different protest at the embassy. Hossein Nouri, a disabled war veteran who lost both his hands in the Iran-Iraq war, was pushed in a wheelchair to the gates where, paintbrush in mouth, he painted an accomplished portrait of the Virgin Mary to "show the Iranian nation's respect for other faiths"

As Washington cranks up its anti-Iranian rhetoric, it i worth remembering that not all us Muslims are like Saleh and chums."

I become to know that you were surprised by above here huh?

Its fine, you buy what media television says too much. Not your fault.

Perhaps you become to realise one day how you have hut grouped all Muslims into 1.
alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:26 PM
jasonAVO
This message has been deleted by jasonAVO. Reason: because im being cyber stalked by someone and want to get rid of personal stuff
Old 03-30-2006, 05:03 PM
jasonAVO
This message has been deleted by jasonAVO. Reason: because im being cyber stalked by someone and want to get rid of personal stuff
Old 03-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
cille
creepycute

blwadr... io'm considering staring up a peace loving little commune together with dr manhatten on the moon. anyone feel like joining me and leave this doomed planet behind?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Will there be beer?
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

and wine. i'm in
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
cille
creepycute

it will be an eldorado of beer and wine and fiiiiiine music!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

salam chetoree, man.

JAVO what!

Iran has already tried revolution! it didn't quite do wonders for the place! pre-emptive strikes can oft be unreasonable. u ask what we expect us to do? **** all! Keep eyes out, negotiate, talk! understand! stop threatening a hostile country!

Maybe you really shouldn't attack a school "bully", just because he's a threat. maybe u should find out why he bullies. maybe he gets beat on at home, maybe he gets abused. Attack him and u'll drive him nuts, he'll bust you up he'll get bollacked he'll lash out at everyone one he'll become even more aggressive from it. And he didn't even start it! And Bullies don't just attack the week, they attack the threatening, and isn't that what u would have done in the first place. Maybe u should like, try to catch this bully out of school, talk to him, tell him he doesn't need to feel insecure, that he doesn't diserve to be beat on, and that he has your support and backing to improve his life and behaviour, to be the person he wants to be.

analogy man.

i'm off to the moon.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #7
cneill
eskimo hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
blwadr... io'm considering staring up a peace loving little commune together with dr manhatten on the moon. anyone feel like joining me and leave this doomed planet behind?
it's only a matter of time before it'll be the same...

but i guess if it's an el dorado of beer and wine, then that time may be much longer
photography!: http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1820624
cneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:06 PM
jasonAVO
Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 AM   #8
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAVO
...she roundhouse kicked the guy. he cried. and walked away and has never started with her again.
niiice

to the moon, alice! i'm in... i'll bring the peace pipe

oh and

dear hendrik... x
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote