Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #1
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Default Tomo, Lisa and co at the Olympia

So I headed down early tonight to check out Daisy Okell. Have to say I was quite impressed. I had kind of expected them to pick a few obvious songs and base the set around that but there was no sugar being put in anyone's bowl tonight, in fact if they performed any Nina Simone or Billy Holiday stuff I don't know the songs, which was nice.

Thay played about 7 songs, only 2 of which I know, "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright and it was wonderful, the other one I knew was a cover of Bill Withers' "Grandma's hands" it's a song that I really like and I dunno, I enjoyed it tonight but right now I'm listening to Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall, I got in and felt that I needed to hear the "real" version. But if any of the quartet happen to read this and they want to continue with Withers I've got 4 words ... "Hope she'll be happier".

A couple of minor quibbles, if they're a jazz band (and they've got the setup to be one) I want to see more two and a half minute double bass solos, and they should cut out that 4/4 bull****.

Last edited by #Ian#; 04-23-2005 at 12:06 PM.
#Ian# is offline   Reply With Quote