Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default Weird Cross-eyed bear online!!

A friend sent me a really really weird version of Cross-eyed bear that she found online (probably illegally downloading. Totally distorted and with very loooooooow voices for Lisa and Damien, especially Damien... sounds weird... but not that bad...

The funny thing is that prob many people got it and think it's the real thing!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

most people who bought it off warchild have both, because they remastered it and rereleased it just a day or so later. i actually prefer the original cut.

yeah that's right i'm a big weirdo
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #3
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

what do you mean by 'the original cut'??? is this weird low-voice thing the original cut or a recording mistake???
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:11 AM   #4
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

both i guess..

popular opinion holds that it was a mistake, but it was released first so it's the original cut.. as opposed to the second release which was the remastered version..

here's what warchild music has on their site about the song:.

We’re such huge fans of Damien here at War Child, that we were quite emotional when he agreed to appear on 'Help: A Day In The Life'. And that was before we'd even heard the track. All the ingredients for a sublime Damien contribution are here. There's the soft-quilted acoustic guitar loveliness, the more than subtle string arrangements and, of course, Lisa Hannigan's gorgeous voice. Oh, and melancholy by the bucketload. It's a gentle whisper of a song, barely there, almost like it's just woken up. Truly lovely stuff and one of two tracks that managed to give us goosebumps on first listen. The other? Well that would be telling...

by the way my copy of the original cut won't play now and keeps asking me to acquire a license (which i have because i bought it) is anyone else having this trouble? it will let me play the remastered but not the low version, and when i go to acquire the license i get an error message from the drm site
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:28 AM   #5
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Melissa just calls it "popular opinion" because she doesn't believe it or just because she likes the distorted version, but the Warchild site actually said that the original cut was wrong. There's a thread about it here: http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...highlight=bear