Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-20-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
atagher
Eskimo Baby

Default Rome interview quotes

My fav. interview, I watch it all the time... thought id pull quotes for everyone.

PS. I cant wait for 9!

Then I realized you know what Damien
your hoping for something thats seems to be against the nature of the flow of life, and through and through going through all that I got to the point where I was like, maybe were in heaven right now.. and we just dont realize.

If you feel you need a house in order to be happy or secure, if you don't have a house then you're probably afraid and insecure and closing up. And for me that's the opposite to life energy and love energy. Love energy is just completely open and relaxed and trusting, you know. And I just trust in life and I've been really poor sometimes and I've been very wealthy sometimes, and I'm not happier when I'm wealthy I'm not happier when I'm poor, my happiness is not determined by whether I have a car or not or how much money I have or how secure I am. So the thing that I have learned is that I have learned to just trust in life and just not worry about anything. Now, I'm not saying that I don't worry, I'm a human being and I'm not at all perfect.

From the moment we're born we start dying you know and its like so the more you live the more you feel like, "Oh my God I have so much to experience" because the more you live the more you see that there is to live and the more you see there is experience and the more you realize, "oh my god im getting older im getting older and so its like and the main thing I learned which is the last line which is "its not hard to grow when you know you just don't know" is that I realize I know nothing, there's nothing I know

When you close in on something and when you have that when you feel like you know something that's when I think you begin to stop learning, maybe, you know because things start shutting off you know, and the learning goes down, because the moment you say, "I know something" I think is a moment where you've missed the point.

I think life is a bit like that, you know, when we're just about to die or when we think we might die, we think when we think we might lose life all of a sudden we appreciate what it was that we thought gave us the life whether that be God or whether that be life itself you know. We're all going to die and its this thing of kinda just holding on and its like and at that moment all of a sudden we can very often become religious or we become "God help!" you know what I mean it's a natural sort of reaction in us to get a little bit of perspective in a moment of emergency
you know all of a sudden the things that we're having problems with in our life you know like a little realtionship problem if some thing comes thru the window and the building is about to fall you don't still want to fight with the person you're in the relationship you want to help them and go "Oh my God!" you know and we change when there's an emergency we change. Its just about that switch within a person within a human being in moments like that. A priority switch.

My favs, smart guy.
atagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
peterj
eskimo friend

haha yeaaa i gave you those quotes....they really are amazing. well obviously they came from damien's mouth.
peterj is offline   Reply With Quote