Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
thismalewhoisafly
Eskimo Friend

Default 9 on vinyl ?

Does anyone of you know anything about a vinyl release of 9?
I collect my favourite albums on vinyl, and I've never been able to find out if O was actually released on LP.
I'd like to know because if it is planned, I do not place a pre-order for the cd and settle with download until the vinyl is available, if not I put myself in cue for a copy of the CD :-)
thismalewhoisafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Bumpman

O was never released on vinyl. The most likely reason is that it would have no real benefit to the sound, since O was recorded to .wav on hard disk, all the recordings (with the notable exception of Amie) would have a bitrate and frequency much lower then the standard for vinyl. You can get five of the singles on vinyl though...

There's an edit of Cannonball as a single A-Side on 7".

There's the second run of The Blower's Daughter on white vinyl which had Silent Night as a B-Side, and it's a 7".

There's a 7" that just has Lonelily and Moody Mooday.

There's a 7" with Volcano on the A-Side, and Lonely Soldier from a solo show in Vicar St. two years back on the B-Side.

There's the Unplayed Piano single, with an instrumental on the B-Side. It's also a 7".

The good news is that although pretty much all of them are practically impossibe to buy in record stores, You'll get most of them on Amazon. I wouldn't imagine that 9 will be released as a 12", I'm only hoping otherwise.