Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 04-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #1
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

I will have about five pictures when I get home to add to my story.

So I waited around outside the artist enterance for about 20 minutes with some fellow fans/friends I met at a conceert a couple months back. It was about 35 degrees and everyone except me and this girl amber stuck around. We decided to go wait by the tour buses. After about another 25 minutes of feel like huge dorks, Tomo walks about carrying a a nice array of beverages. I asked if he could spare some time and he came over and talked to us for about 10 minutes and took pictures. I asked him if he was excited for Bonnaroo, he said he was but he wasn't sure if he could make it because his wife was expecting a baby around that time. He said if things happen a little earlier with the birth he might be able to play.

The next out was Lisa. She is so beautiful and so humble, She walked over and very soft spokenly said hello, I asked about her voice and she said it was feeling a little better, she felt bad about having to cough during the performance. She took pictures with us, she has to be the most beautiful down to earth woman I have ever met. She said she would go fetch Damien for us.

After about 15 minutes, Lisa came back out and told us Damien was just brushing his teeth and he would be out in a minute. So out comes Damien, I he was cool as sh*t. He said he recongized me from the crowd. It was so cool how he didn't even have an ego and gave us his time to take pictures. He said he really appreciated the crowd, and think he showed with how well his set went. I asked ghim about when he would play at Bonnaroo, he said he wasn't sure what day, but his time would be from 5:30-7:00. This gives me so much more reason to find 164$ and go. I also asked if he would ever play "Ne me quitte pas" and he said he is working on learning the lyrics. I heard this song in french class during high school, and it would sound amazing as a cover. I could have stood there and talked to him all night, but I knew the man needed to relax and have a beer, so I asked if he could find Vyvienne for us, just to say hello.

I was about to call it a night, when I see a lady in the dark out in front of the Frames tour bus, motioning for me to come over. So as I get closer its Vyvienne. She is the most delicate person I have ever met. She was so quiet and so beautiful. I didn't want to keep her long because she was so cold. But she has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. She took a picture with me but asked that it not leave my bedroom, so I will respect it and just keep it to myself.

So wow, let me reiterate the fact that these people were so kind and generous to give their fans and oppertunity to chat with them. To everyone on these boards that writes negativley about them, well you suck at life, because they are such normal people. Its so refreshing to meet musciens that don't let their talent, and Damien has a huge amount of it, go to their head. I hope I get the chance to see them in Cleveland and/or at Bonnaroo.

pictures will be here later tonight.

Damien Rice- 4/11
absltcit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Thanks Mathew we look forward to those![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] And gotta back you up on how nice they all are.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

Yeah... Especially Vyvienne and Tomo. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img](but the others too!! But especially Vyv and Tomo... but the others too! But especially Vyv and Tomo... but the others too! Ok, you got me)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

Well, everyone,this is a follow-up to Matt's story that goes to further prove how awesome damien and the rest are. Matt and i were talking the day after the show and here's how the convo went:

AbsltJMUdmb: you are going to dieabout what damien said

GEnErisK419: WHAT

AbsltJMUdmb: he was like i noticed you in the second row

AbsltJMUdmb: i was liek really??

AbsltJMUdmb: he was like yeah was that ur gf sittign next to you

AbsltJMUdmb: i was like no she is a friend i made at a previous concert

AbsltJMUdmb: he was like wow man she had the most beautiful eyes i have ever seen. there was a moment when i looked at her and she was mouthing the wordsand i just got mezmorized

GEnErisK419: wowowowowowowwwwww

AbsltJMUdmb: i was like ohhh sh*t ill set you up and he laughed he was like no dont give her the wrong idea i was just awed by her and appreciated her

AbsltJMUdmb: i wish you coulda been there to hear him say that though

GEnErisK419: ME TOO

~who has ever heard of an artist complimenting a person in the audience??? i haven't. it just goes to show what a great interaction damien has with the crowd. and it may dispell a few homosexual rumors going around, eh?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by absltcit33

She took a picture with me but asked that it not leave my bedroom, so I will respect it and just keep it to myself.
Ok, fine, I'll bite.. Was it a panty shot and if so, how much?
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:36 PM   #6
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Thanks absltcit33 (what a hard name to spell)and DamosFavEyes! Great stories! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

I don't think there ever were any "homosexual rumours." It was just some guy who posted it on the official forumto provoke.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:51 PM   #7
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

aah, ok, good. i read some posts a while back concerning Damo's sexuality, and it just made me so mad. because who the hell cares? [img]smileys/smiley13.gif[/img]i mean, how is that important anyway? whatever about that. talk to you all later.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #8
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

[quote=Funky Avocado]
Quote:
Ok, fine, I'll bite.. Was it a panty shot and if so, how much?

I hope not to offend you, but why in the world would you say something like that? Yes, the girls that play with Damien are attractive and desirable, but i'm pretty sure those qualities stem from their musical talent, which is the first hit you. You should have a little more respect than that.. what if she read that? would she be attracted to you? i doubt it, because your statement was so blatantly vulgar. let's keep our minds on the music, here, folks.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #9
Venomous Valdez
Eskimo Regular

wow. that is very awesome.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:49 AM   #10
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

in regards to what you asked me last night, about which show was better..

i think this one definitely had to be it, even though i wasnt sure yesterday..

for starters, i got to meet the absolutely breathtaking lisa[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

i never thought i would ever use the word breathtaking when describing a woman..but yeah...it suits her

im still skeptical of whether or not damien was sincere about what he said about the drawing of him,

but hey, the fact that he actually stood there with us...and actually read the things i showed him....and the fact that he remembered me from september!

and yeah...

ok...ill hush now[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]Edited by: unexplainedmuse
Old 04-13-2004, 01:02 AM   #11
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

so someone tell me how to insert photos

Damien Rice- 4/11
Old 04-13-2004, 01:20 AM   #12
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Use the rightmost greenish button next to the paragrph indent one.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

you have to host them to the internet 1st...

yay! your online!

lol...if you want, i can host them to a site for you,if you dont have one to do it with..

ah..and if your not too busy my email`s

unexplainedmuse@aol.comfor you tosend me the pics i was in [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 02:05 AM   #14
absltcit33
Eskimo Friend

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...hp?p=1675390#p ost1675390

link for pictures

amber ill send you those pics tomorrrow it was taking forever to upload

Damien Rice- 4/11
Old 04-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #15
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

alright...cool[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

ah..just to let you know...those pictures` links came up to a website that said no authorization..and a password username block..

so it may be that only you are able to view them..

if thats the case...

right click on the picture itself....go down to properties at the bottom..

and there will be a url link.

thats the link youll use to post the pictures here....using the picture link at the top right..

blah..computers are so confusing....i still havent been able to get rid of this double space thing
Old 04-13-2004, 02:17 AM   #16
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

ack...nevermind...youhave tobe registered to view...i think..

lol..disregard the previous post[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 03:27 AM   #17
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes

I hope not to offend you, but why in the world would you say something like that? Yes, the girls that play with Damien are attractive and desirable, but i'm pretty sure those qualities stem from their musical talent, which is the first hit you. You should have a little more respect than that.. what if she read that? would she be attracted to you? i doubt it, because your statement was so blatantly vulgar. let's keep our minds on the music, here, folks.
Sorry Mom. Never again, yada yada yada..
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:06 AM   #18
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexplainedmuse
blah..computers are so confusing....i still havent been able to get rid of this double space thing
The double space is default, but if you hold down[shift] while you press [enter] it will create a normal line change. At least that works for me. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 PM   #19
andrea02
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

So wow, let me reiterate the fact that these people were so kind and generous to give their fans and oppertunity to chat with them. To everyone on these boards that writes negativley about them, well you suck at life, because they are such normal people. Its so refreshing to meet musciens that don't let their talent, and Damien has a huge amount of it, go to their head. I hope I get the chance to see them in Cleveland and/or at Bonnaroo.

pictures will be here later tonight.

Its sounds like you had an amazing experience that night. I too got to meet and talk to Damien last summer at a gig in Nashville, and he is every bit as kind and giving of his time as you described. Having the experience of meeting him made me love his music even more.

andrea02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #20
lonelilly
Eskimo Friend

yes, i agree he is the kindest, most patient artist i have ever met.i met him and sawhim live for the first time last night (lucky me!)he stood out in the cold wind talking to us last night after the show at the tower, bald head and all (of course he had a hoodie under his jacket). i felt really bad'cause when i gave him a hug he was shivering worse than i was! i was in awe of how kind and thoughtful he was to the group waiting outside. i have some pics, though not that great quality[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]... but hopefully i can fix them up a little! oh, by the way, damo says that the new alblum is recorded, and will be out around fall! he said he's going to record again this summer, too.

-cheers!
lonelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #21
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Hi Lonelily! First post i see.... I was there in the "huddle last night... i was wearing the gray hat! which one were you??[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 06:28 AM   #22
unexplainedmuse
Eskimo Regular

aw...a huddle?
that brings back memories..

ah yeah.. i got my pics of me and tomo, lisa, and damien up at
http://public.fotki.com/unexplainedmuse/damien/

thank youso much matt![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 AM   #23
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

You have fixed your "double space"!!! [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 06:28 PM   #24
thierryhenry
Eskimo Regular

I think it will be pretty easy to meet the bands if you stay afterwards for a while, sounds like Damien and the others don't have a problem meeting as many as they can.
thierryhenry is offline   Reply With Quote