Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #31
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccas81

most of these singer songwriter types are inclined to be small anyway for some unknown reason....probably so they look less awkward on stage than a lanky sort! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

or the smaller people have more hate/things to write about the world and be bitter about for being small[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

id hate to be lanky tho (and bitterless)[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #32
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

hmmm....i kind of in between myself....i'm 6' (and failry lanky looking!, and i can assure you we can be plenty bitter....jarvis cocker is the prime example!) so i've no bother getting a decent view at a concert, but i've always felt sorry for those small folks who've gotten stuck behind some eejit woth his mate and/or girlfriend on his shoulders....theres just no need....show some consideration people!! but yeah , i can see why the little folk could feel aggreived from time to time!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #33
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

thank you!... this always happens to me at gigs or i get stuck behind a couple who decide they want to make out during the whole gig and my view point is between both their heads[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #34
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

god i hate that!! [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]i mean , for god sakes guys, if youre gonna do that, stay at home, do itr in comfort, and dont deprive some poor soul whos paid 60 odd quid for the same standing privileges as you of a decent, non- sickening view during the show!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:20 PM   #35
pamela
Eskimo Regular

i know this is a bad thing to say but at damien gig i was at, i was beside a girl who smelled of yoghurt [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #36
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

is it just me right....and i know there are more girls here than boys...so i could be setting myself up for a serious kicking!! but is it just me...or have girls replaced guys as being the smelliest sex?? during all my times on dublin buses (and buses in general), if i've found myself besiede a smelly person, its been a girl 2 times out of 3......strange i thought....as men are traditionally portayed as soapdodgers....could it be that women arebecoming moreshy of the old soap and water than the blokes nowadays as equality bites??
Old 07-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #37
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

god i hate that!! [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]i mean , for god sakes guys, if youre gonna do that, stay at home, do itr in comfort, and dont deprive some poor soul whos paid 60 odd quid for the same standing privileges as you of a decent, non- sickening view during the show!!

or the worst is women sometimes who go to gigs and just talk the whole way through
like "oh how was your day?"
"ah f**kin sh*te really... blah blah blah"[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

this is a gig if u want a chat go to a coffee house or have a sleepover or something[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

and how can u tell someone smells of yoghurt?[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #38
pamela
Eskimo Regular

oh you're kidding, it was like a big natural yoghurt. it was pretty hard not to smell it ! ( i wasnt like sniffing her or anything , dont worry ! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img])
Old 07-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #39
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela
oh you're kidding, it was like a big natural yoghurt. it was pretty hard not to smell it ! ( i wasnt like sniffing her or anything , dont worry ! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img])

thats disturbing if you can smell yoghurt off someone at gigs[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

dont come towhelans whatever u do cos its not only yoghurt you'll smell[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #40
pamela
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #41
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

yeah whelans is the quintescential soapdodging pub...albeit a very good pub...with fine music etc etc!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #42
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

yeah whelans is the quintescential soapdodging pub...albeit a very good pub...with fine music etc etc!

i would have said more fart concealing[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:37 PM   #43
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]yeah fart concealing about covers it!! it was worse in the days when u could smoke though (not that i smoke, but when people did!) it was like skunk central!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #44
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]yeah fart concealing about covers it!! it was worse in the days when u could smoke though (not that i smoke, but when people did!) it was like skunk central!!

i prefered that than to stand at a gig and realise an obese 40 year old in front of you has just chuffed one out without anyone noticing and thus creating a circle around him to try avoid the smell[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #45
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]yeah shouldnt there be a law about obese 40 year olds or something!? actually, i think age, sex and physical stature has little to do with the pungency of the aroma produced...i've smelt some fairly frightening ones from underwieght 20 year olds as well!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #46
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]yeah shouldnt there be a law about obese 40 year olds or something!? actually, i think age, sex and physical stature has little to do with the pungency of the aroma produced...i've smelt some fairly frightening ones from underwieght 20 year olds as well!!

ha ha! quite true my man... women are the worst and can be quite devious about it as nobody suspects the woman![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #47
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

yeah and theyre very adept at batting eyelids and blaming the dude....ive fallen foul of that one myself a few times!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #48
Ameraldo
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]i'm sooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!! thatman is so fine. i could eat him with mash 'n' gravy!
Old 07-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #49
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

I was standing next to girl that smelled of coconuts once. It was nice.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:55 PM   #50
Shazne
Eskimo Friend

I find that if you wash your hair with something nice it
kind of creates this nice cloud of aroma around you.

I have this John Frieda Beach Blonde stuff that
smells lovely and coconutty. Everyone always
comments on it and it don't have to wear any
perfume then!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #51
Dommers
Eskimo Baby

yeah I met him on Pier 17 in NYC last year. he was doing a gig there and I saw him backstage so I went over to the railing and called him over to me - I had to shake the mans hand! he came over and I just told him how much I liked the album and how I saw him in Limerick a couple of months previous and so on. only talking to him for about a minute but he was cool, didn't say much, I did most of the talking but a very nice guy alright!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #52
Rain
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
i've always felt sorry for those small folks who've gotten stuck behind some eejit woth his mate and/or girlfriend on his shoulders....theres just no need....show some consideration people!! but yeah , i can see why the little folk could feel aggreived from time to time!

I'm one of these little people. The ONLY real gig I've ever been to, I was smelling almost everybody's armpits, because that's where I stand against most men. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Anyways, why are we talking about this? lol. Back to the topic. I blush easily. You can imagine that I'll blush real bad in front of Damien. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]In any case, it's very unlikely that I'll ever bump into him, isn't it?
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:39 AM   #53
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Damo is the kindest and most genuine celebrity I've ever met.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #54
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Shazne - I have some John Frieda brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner and im always complimented on it!!! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Ive met damo twice, and he is so nice - he stood in the freezing cold just to chat with his fans after a pretty long show, so he mustve been pretty beat, [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]... he mustve been able to tell that i was awe-struck the first time because he asked me a bunch of questions to make small talk because i obviously didnt know what to say, [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 04:11 PM   #55
ali*
eskimo drama queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
Every time I have had the chance to meet him I have chickened out.. I am a little afraid of him for some reason,I tend to keep the people I really admire at arms length [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

im kind of the same Julia, it's like i'm afraid they'll ruin my expectations, and even though Damien is genuine and nice and everything, i don't think he'd really understand if I tried to explain what his music means to me, plus i'd get all embarassed and tongue-tied anyways [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2004, 05:34 PM   #56
~Aoife~
Eskimo Regular

Yeah I met him at the December show he did last year in Vicar Street. My friend and I were running out to the bathroom just as the support were finishing up (Pedestrian I believe) and Damien was due to go on stage within, I'd say, 20mins. So anyway, walking out to bathroom, walk past this guy with loads of shopping bags. Walked straight past him at first and only looked back because I thought it was so strange. Reached the bathroom door and say to my friend 'Oh my god, I think thats Damien!'. Of course she doesn't believe me (she is quite gullible and I take advantage of that as often as I can [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] ). Anyhoo, I dragged her back and Damien (man with lots of shopping bags) was just finishing talking to someone. My friend and I got pics taken and I was blown away. He is such a nice guy and extremely patient considering he was soooo late to the venue! Talked briefly and he didn't seem at all rushed.

I know what you mean Ali about explaining what his music means to you. I would never even try!

Ahhh memories..... [img]smileys/smiley27.gif[/img] Great night.